By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is playstation MOVE being discontinued?

Deadlikeme said:

lol record breaking advertising and sales not success. Preformance wise it is a failure, commericially I think it won't be much of a sucess if any when everything is said and done. Just a big waste of time down a dead end. 

So that Guiness record for sales is not a sales success? My head can't even make sense of this!

http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_Kinect-Confirmed-As-Fastest-Selling-Consumer-Electronics-Device/blog/3376939/7691.html

The sentence I made bold. Are you sure you aren't referring to the Move?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Deadlikeme said:

lol record breaking advertising and sales not success. Preformance wise it is a failure, commericially I think it won't be much of a sucess if any when everything is said and done. Just a big waste of time down a dead end. 

So that Guiness record for sales is not a sales success? My head can't even make sense of this!

http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_Kinect-Confirmed-As-Fastest-Selling-Consumer-Electronics-Device/blog/3376939/7691.html

Move works Kinect doesn't so yes I'm sure. As for the success thing you aren't factoring in just how much MS spent on kinect. Advertising alone was 500 million for starters. 

watch it, next month the PlayStation Move Slim will be announced.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Seems unlikely at this point. Maybe post holiday's depending on sales but I doubt they'd drop it now.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Deadlikeme said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Deadlikeme said:

Move works Kinect doesn't so yes I'm sure. As for the success thing you aren't factoring in just how much MS spent on kinect. Advertising alone was 500 million for starters. 

Kinect works fine. Maybe you should try it.

You don't think they made that $500 million back?

http://www.gamesradar.com/kinect-and-360-earn-record-high-profits-for-microsoft/

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Gamestop is the only one doing the 50% off thing. Amazon has some nice discounts too but not 50%.
I say a price cut is incoming on Playstation Move. To assume its being discontinued is just trollling. It's sold over 8 million with no where near as much advertising as Kinect. I call that a success.

Where it fails is with original Move IPs. I have a Move and haven't touched it in over half a year.

I'm waiting for Sorcery to lift me off my feet with how amazing it is. Here's to hoping!

Mr Puggsly said:
oniyide said:

um no, not really, by that logic Motion+ should have twice as much games as Kinect or Move, it doesnt, its not even close. Sometimes having the bigger install base does not mean anything. As for software, you sure about that?? Because there are Kinect games flopping right and left. Child of Eden and that Nightmare game to name just two and im sure Gunstringer will flop

Games flop left and right on any platform regardless if they use motion controls. There are no guarantees and you still have to make a game that grabs peoples attention. Child of Eden is niche, Rise of Nightmares was risky, and I'm waiting to see how Gunstringer does during the holidays. However, several Kinect titles have had awesome sales. Obviously this partly due to the userbase.

The Motion Plus is not really needed for most games. I mean the Wiimotes basic motion technology is fine for most games and genres. This is why the Motion Plus has received little support. A better argument though would be why isn't the Wii Balance Board getting more support. The simple answer for that is no demand unless Nintendo makes it.

WTH kinda of response is that?? Kinect isnt needed for most games, as is the Move. Balance Board?? what games can you make for that thing besides exercise and dance games, and they sell well enough on WIi without it. Your argument was that the higher the install base the more support it gets, I shot that theory down by Motion+. That thing sold alot BEFORE it was even packaged with the damn Wii, so dont you think by your own logic that they should be drowning in games?? You cant cherry pick what add-ons you want to use

Mr Puggsly said:
Deadlikeme said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Deadlikeme said:

Kinect works fine. Maybe you should try it.

You don't think they made that $500 million back?

http://www.gamesradar.com/kinect-and-360-earn-record-high-profits-for-microsoft/

That's why no1 can make a game where you can move your character through a 3D world easily and not running into walls well moving slowly in a hallway in the only one that's even kinda done it? Kinect doesn't work as a controler face it. 

Of course they did, but what about the R/D and the advertising they are doing now? Kinect sales both hardware and software are slowing down, sure it's a short term victory but it won't last it's already going downhill fast and they just sunk all their studios into it.

Mr Puggsly said:
thismeintiel said:

It is.  I think the sale ends the 2nd of Oct.  So, the Move is definitely not being discontinued.  Here's my thread on the topic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=134173&page=1

Although, I think it would be smart for Sony to at least lower the price of all Move accessories by ~$10-$15 permanently.  This would boost sales quite a bit and probably still make them a good amount of profit.

It would only boost sales slightly and temporarily. Price isn't the problem, people just don't want the Move.

The best games that use Move also use a joystick. The Move required games are mediocre. My guess is Sony will just let it fade into obscurity or maybe create a camera like Kinect that works with it.

After the initial sales spike, the biggest problems become SW and price.  The same thing happens to all consoles and add-ons.  I mean bye your logic, nobody wants Kinect and a price cut would only help it slightly this holiday season.