By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible For Uncharted 3 To Sell 4 Millionz By Years End. . . I Believe So!

Will Is it

YES It Will 115 36.98%

Maybe 81 26.05%

No Way 114 36.66%

Total:310

TIPS

Uncharted DF End of 07 Sales- 818k

Uncharted 2 End oF 09 Sales- 2.6M lol!

Uncharted 3 has less time though releases 11/1/11

The  Bundle

All for $299 baby, and it will be available Worldwide not just in Europe like Uncharted 2's

The Game

I remember there was like a thread in 09 similar to this for uncharted 2, some guy said it do 2M by end of 09 at that time i believe DF just crossed 2M so posters doubted that it would happen and nonone really knew how huge Uncharted 2 was going to be besides that guy who made the thread, end result was that guy was right.  I dont know why im really making this thread its kinda copying his i dont really like Uncharted I'am more of a gears guy except for the first one DF, the 2nd seemed way to cinematic and had alot less gun play idk it also felt like a Saturday morning cartoon, it just wasnt manly enough for me. . . but theres always hope right?

I was fortunate enough to take part in UC3s beta and although i didnt like it at first i saw that there was alot of changes everything was revamped from UC2 and DF the sounds the HUD theres was now sprinting.  This was just a rough Beta and there were so many other gameplay changes and improvements i cant imagine what the final game will be like or even the campaign, so i believe that once the final product drops this November Uncharted 3 will be as huge to the gaming industry as UC2 was.  I believe UC2 was so big  b/c they took a basic average shooter DF and completely changed the gaming experience they added stealth kills, love triangles, a overall more cinematic game feel, and they added online MP.  

I remember people were like nooo UC doesnt need MP but once that UC2 beta came out, they knew, i mean i knew this was going to be big, UC2 MP is something ive never seen before there is multi levels, climbing, fluid maneuvering, and most importantly balance.  I believe that UC3 will have this same fresh type of impact with all the changes that ive seen in the beta.  On the campaign side of things it does look like they could be addressing the issue i had with UC2 with it not being serious, by having Sully be more apart of the game as he was in DF,  and i would doubt ND going to new levels with the traverse gunplay we saw introduced in UC2

Going by all that data i personally think it will hit 3.0-3.5M before the years up as i posted way back in 2009 but didnt want the thread title to say that b/c it doesnt sound dangerous,  I see alot of people saying UC3 will only sell 4-5M lifetime or 2-2.5M end of this year, thats insane considering 3M is guaranteed before 2011 ends and 1M for its first week

post what you think UC3 will sell WW before 2011 ends and your reasoning behind it

Play Me

Around the Network

It will most likely sell 3.1-3.3 million by year's end. I don't think it will have THAT significant of a jump compared to Uncharted 2, especially given the enormous amount of competition against it this holiday season.

u should make it 3.5 million.
that way its still out there, but still has a decent chance

No way.

after your 2009 thread, I'm inclined to believe you! so yes!!!

Around the Network

If Sony publish it like crazy, and the game gets equal/better reviews than the 2nd one; then it is possible.

Possible? Of course it's possible.

Likely? I don't think so. Gears 2 released early November and sold 4.3 mill during the holiday, with a 2 mill opening week. Isn't Uncharted 3 expected to be around 1 mill first week?

You're basically expecting 400/500k weeks during November ... which Black Ops PS3 just about managed ...

I would love it if it sold that much. I'm thinking 2 ~ 2.5 mil. Still, anything is possible. This is probably the most hyped release for the PS3. It is the PS3's gear of war, so to speak.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Can BHR keep his crow-eating fests? Or will he finally be the one to eat crow?

I'll go with him again in this case.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Seece said:

Possible? Of course it's possible.

Likely? I don't think so. Gears 2 released early November and sold 4.3 mill during the holiday, with a 2 mill opening week. Isn't Uncharted 3 expected to be around 1 mill first week?

You're basically expecting 400/500k weeks during November ... which Black Ops PS3 just about managed ...

Gears 2 wasn't bundled. Plus the Uncharted franchise has shown incredibly good legs compared to Gears. Gears 2 will end around 150% of its first calendar year. U2 is almost at 200% of its first calendar year and will end close to 250%. And I'm think an opening comfortably higher than 1 million is likely for U3. Look at the preorder ratio for U2 compared to U3. Plus I think that this could be the entry in the series that really takes off in Japan and does almost COD or GTA like numbers in that region.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4