By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible For Uncharted 3 To Sell 4 Millionz By Years End. . . I Believe So!

Will Is it

YES It Will 115 36.98%

Maybe 81 26.05%

No Way 114 36.66%

Total:310

i just play'd UC2multiplayer for the first time yesterday and i felt it was as epic as the story its self. very fun and addictive.

i think 3m is closer to wht may happen, but either way i'd love to see Drakes last adventure this gen do 4m by the end of 2011.

Around the Network

There is just too much competition as some other's have said. I'd say around 3M would be around the ballpark.

very possible. i hope it does its an amazing game/series

Do you really need an illustration of how big a holiday bundle can be? Look at weeks 54 to 63:

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/30434/forza-motorsport-3/

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

I am riding with you on this one, BHR. Uncharted 3 is going to open up anywhere from 1.5 - 2.0 Million in it's first week. I can see it selling anywhere from 400,000 - 650,000 in it's second week ( Modern Warfare 3 launch week ) then selling anywhere inbetween 250,000 - 300,000. Now factor in Black Friday and the holiday bundle and I can see Uncharted 3 passing 4 Million by years end.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

You still don't get it. His point wasn't that Uncharted is somehow equal to Gears in hype. He called it the Gears of the PS3 (as in it's the 2nd most hyped exclusive franchise on the system).

Off the heels of something like Uncharted 2 (which received more Game of the Year recognitions than any title before it), it's not unfathomable to imagine Uncharted 3 being the Gears equivalent on PS3.  But again, he didn't insinuate that Uncharted now matches Gears in hype.

Is Uncharted the second most hyped exclusive? I'd say God of War is second.

I get what he was saying and I thought it was a bad comparison. Lets just say its PS3's most hyped exclusive of 2011.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

SuperAnthony64 said:
I see a drop from U2 like Resistance 2 to 3. And I'm gonna come out and say the Sony Online Pass is why. Thats why I wont be purchasing new. Be buying used for the single player,

I don't get it. You won't buy new because you're not interested in the multiplayer features? What about unlockables? Don't you need a SON¥ pass for those?

Betting against the OP here, 4 million by years end is too optimistic. 3M+? sure.

sorry but god of war is 3rd uncharted 2 is the 2nd most hyped exclusive

1.5-1.7m FW

it will make 3m for sure but 4m i dunno.. but ill say yes

no.

I guess it will get around 1.1 - 1.3 million its opening week and then fall down to other games. my guess 2.5 million by years end, at best. To many games in that November Window and it doesn't help that i know they're gonna make it goty edition next year.

p.s. good to be back

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls