By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 get's timed exclusive battlefield 3 dlc

Tagged games:

I just really don't see a one week timed exclusive dlc being all that effective. I'm sure EA got some financial benefits from Sony to do that deal.

Around the Network

Wait,....how did they pull it off? According to MS a DLC cannot appear earlier on another platform???
They changed?

This is an Acti EA thing not a Sony vs Microsoft thing, so i doubt Sony paid EA for 1 week exclusive dlc. EA knows 360 gamers wont move over to BF3 from MW3 just for DLC, so why waste time promoting the product on the 360, instead promote it on the console where the gamers are most likely to switch over.
But if Sony did pay for 1 week exclusivity then they are pretty dumb, I think this is EA going after Acti's PS3 FPS fans, and it might work.

lol, a week. that's ... wait for it... weak.

Good for EA. They're probably trying to appeal to the PS3 crowd by doing this, but the only timed exclusive that really matter is not a DLC, it's the game.

Around the Network

well ofcourse they no cod = xbox (no offence intended) and nowdows when people think of the xbox it's more cod then halo now and maybe ea knows that so there going to an untapped market (the ps3) yes ps3 has amazing games which all sell amazingliy eg uncharted grand turismo and god of war but they don't have a multi plat game that is surperior to the xbox (not speaking graphics) and why not back the next big thing which could be battlefield.

so when timed dlc happens with the 360 there is great outrage, but when it happens to the ps3 its just good relations?

Anyway imo EA is already happy with 360 preorders and wants ps3 preorders to improve so they are providing nice bonuses.

And the bad company 2 difference between 360 and ps3 is more substantial than you guys are making it out to be. The 360 version sold 129% more than on the ps3 version while black ops for example only sold 122% more on the 360 than on the ps3.

So i don't see how xbox=cod and ps3 doesn't when cod is actually more popular on the ps3 in comparison to battlefield.

13.02mil/3.06mil = 4.25 people bought call of duty for every person that bought battlefield bad company 2 on the 360.

10.59mil/2.36mil = 4.49 people bought call of duty for every person that bought battlefield bad company 2 on the ps3.

More people are buying this game on 360 regardless of what EA rewards PS3 players...shouldn't they give timed exclusives to the 360 then??

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Timed exclusive dlc? That's such a cheap move.

that's good I guess,I was already going to get the ps3 version,regardless.