By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 get's timed exclusive battlefield 3 dlc

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:
xinstantnoodlez said:
More people are buying this game on 360 regardless of what EA rewards PS3 players...shouldn't they give timed exclusives to the 360 then??

With that thinking, I'm guessing you'd also argue that Tales of Vesperia should have been a PS3 game from the beginning.

In reality, things are not that black and white. Regardless of where something sells more, the competition will always want to get people over to their side. Remember the Final Fantasy XIII ad campaign? The 360 was the at the forefront, yet the PS3 version beat it in all 3 regions (Japan for obvious reasons).

Vesperia should have been a ps3 game from the begining, why waste money on investments that won't guarantee you as much money as something else. EA is going to make a lot more money off the 360 version of battlefield so why bother catering to the ps3 version? Not trying to sound like a fan boy since I don't even own a 360 but in terms of making money I'd say its a better investment to cater to the 360. 

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Around the Network

Battlefield 3 (X360) is at number three as it adds 62,000 pre-orders, the same as last week, for a total of 672,000. The PlayStation 3 version is at number nine as it adds 18,000 pre-orders, down from 20,000 last week, for a total of 226,400. The game is six weeks away from launch, October 25 in America and October 28 in EMEAA.

I guess it's a safe way to bring up sales on a declining preorder route, and 1 week won't effect the other platform, so everyone wins.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I swear I posted a long reply but somehow only that one sentence appeared! CGi hit the nail on the head, though.

d21lewis said:
I swear I posted a long reply but somehow only that one sentence appeared! CGi hit the nail on the head, though.

Yeah I also get distracted by trasharmdsister12's avatar... it's so wrong yet....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

one week? 360 owners won't even bat an eyelash to this...

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
Wait,....how did they pull it off? According to MS a DLC cannot appear earlier on another platform???
They changed?

Yeah as soon as i read the thread title i started to think about that to....so technically this means microsoft wont want this DLC.

NiKKoM said:
EGG_OF_D00m said:

im sencing a ps3 battlefield 3 bundle comming this holiday to compete with cod obviously it wont but it could do well to help push ps3 unit's especially in amercia, i remember seeing a battlefield 3 ps3 vault a few weeks ago so that could maybe mean something.

let's hope not... I like this bundle better and it would be a shame if the game doesn't sell as much if people bought a BF3 bundle..

I can hear someone is shouting "Uncharted Baby!"

Is this bundle real?

mantlepiecek said:
Wait,....how did they pull it off? According to MS a GAME cannot appear earlier on another platform???
They changed?

Fixed

I never approve of this sort of thing no matter the company. Still MS did it first so it is kind of an eye for an eye deal. They should both quit this , but they will not.

EGG_OF_D00m said:
xinstantnoodlez said:
More people are buying this game on 360 regardless of what EA rewards PS3 players...shouldn't they give timed exclusives to the 360 then??

because ea has always favoured sony? and they hate activision and since activision and microsoft are always making deals they would do the same with sony and there wont be that much of a difference only 1m difference lt and the commercials will  most likely show the ps3 version with a ps3 battlefield 3 bundle so in the end there wont be much of a difference LT sales.

plus in the end if you have 2 console's obviously the ps3 version has to be the way to go

1 disk

battlefield 1943

1 week exclusive dlc

sony will obviously have the better battlefield like how microsoft will have the better cod that's how it's going to end up being.

it's one of the sad things this gen how console's will fight to have the surperior products of multiplats.

BF3 on the PS3 needs to be 1000x better than on the 360 for me to play a FPS with that cr@%* DualShock 3. Plus, I almost all my PS3 list's friends only play SF4 and Mortal Kombat, or some weard japanease/anime game.