By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Share your stories about anxiety

Have you ever suffered from anxiety attacks?

Yes, currently going through it 6 40.00%

Nope 6 40.00%

Yes, and I beat it! 3 20.00%

Total:15

Thats a rough thing to go through man. Are you making sure to get a good amount of sleep? Do you keep a balance in your diet? Getting enough vitamins and antioxidants in your foods? (proteins, fruits, veggies).

Around the Network

Nope. Anxiety is a result of stress, and stress is a ball ache so I don't do it.

I have social anxiety. Often had panic attacks (chest tightness, hyperventillation, uncontrollable shakyness, dizzyness, faint feeling) especially when it came to asking/speaking to people I didn't know/found intimidating. Anxiety can be caused by a lot of things, sometimes it can be stress but often there is underlying issues. Mine are dealing with people, having bad experience with them and not having enough confidence in myself.

It's not beat but getting a lot better. I'm taking a medication called Citalopram, normally used in long term for depression but it's very effective on anxiety as well (besides, anxiety often makes me depressed). It was prescribed for me since I needed something long term and this medication doesn't cause dependence. As I find it easier to speak with people (because I'm not as anxious), I get more confident. I hope to come off the meds someday. Just got to keep trying!

Also, if I get anxious at home because my mind thinks too much (often bad/sad thoughts going 1000km/h), I'll do some meditation or listen to something relaxing, close both eyes and take deep breaths. No distractions permited (TV and such all off). It really helps but when it comes to social situation, nothing helps as much as the medication and a little effort.

So yeah I know how it feels. Even if it's different types of anxiety it's all devastating! It really can ruin your life... Many things I didn't do because I didn't want to be seen by people. So got to keep trying to beat it!

No that sounds horrible. It must be difficult to live with that. I get nervous sometimes but I usually press on with whatever business I have to do.

@ Euphoria

Wow, that is so sad I don't even know what to say. Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

While I've never had an anxiety attack, I'm pretty sure I have some mild form of social anxiety. Often, just doing something simple like preparing for a night going out with friends, or meeting someone new, I'll feel like you feel when you're about to give a class presentation. I get nervous and shaky, my heart will start pounding, and sometimes I'll sweat pretty badly, particularly if I'm outdoors. Or after a conversation, particularly with someone I don't know too well, I will over-analyze everything I said and what I could have said. It's not too fun..

Around the Network

I have them once in two weeks or so... can't sleep, can't do anything, can't sit in one place, have extremely grim thoughts on anything and everything, have chest pains, think of death... music, in my case, is the best form of recovery... the pressure I exert on myself to succeed and achieve, day in day out is usually the trigger...