By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 beats Microsoft XBOX 360 handidly!

@phantom

Well maybe around your area, but around were I live its ful of 360's full stock.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

1 year later. Thats great Sony. xD
I couldnt belive something else. It was about time.

Carpe Diem!

Well isnt this week the only time it has beaten the 360 by a good margin. I looked at the other weeks and they both seem pretty close.

Begun, the HD Console Wars have.

Being an owner of both systems, I want a neck and neck situation. It makes my experience as a gamer better. I'm pretty apathetic on what the Wii offers.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I didn't see this coming till MGS4, Xbox360's horrid sales in Japan helps the PS3 but EU/others is the sales driver for Sony. If this continuously goes on, it's probably going to make the folks at MS gaming division go nuts. Even with a cheaper console, better marketing, 1 year head start, graphical superiority (for now), larger software library (this gen), more AAA titles, Halo3 and a better online service... they STILL can't put the PS3 to sleep, and now the momentum is starting to change.... All this while Sony fucked up big time in late 06-late 07. Sometimes there's nothing you can do against a well known brand name.

Around the Network

I'm still impressed by the 9M (-80k) for PS3... amazing. It's official all X360 users can now buy a PS3 and wait with us for MGS4, FFXIII, KZ2, LBP, etc... move on guys, join the free PSN, lets see if we can crash it ;)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

bbsin said:
I didn't see this coming till MGS4, Xbox360's horrid sales in Japan helps the PS3 but EU/others is the sales driver for Sony. If this continuously goes on, it's probably going to make the folks at MS gaming division go nuts. Even with a cheaper console, better marketing, 1 year head start, graphical superiority (for now), larger software library (this gen), more AAA titles, Halo3 and a better online service... they STILL can't put the PS3 to sleep, and now the momentum is starting to change.... All this while Sony fucked up big time in late 06-late 07. Sometimes there's nothing you can do against a well known brand name.

After the "greatest holiday line-up in gaming history" (their words, not mine) I'd be a little upset at barely outselling the PS3. What are the exact holiday numbers anyway?

I wouldn't be so quick to hit the victory button. It wasn't that long ago when the PS3 beat the Wii in Japan and there was a similar thread. It didn't take that long for Nintendo to completely turn the tables and dominate Japan again.

@felman x

Well you must be mad.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Yes and no.

I'll reiterate what has been my prediction for the last 2 weeks:

In 2008, Sony will close the gap with the 360. However, before that happens I expect the PS3 to have another dry spell this winter, as the high price tag is less "doable" for many families faced with Christmas bills (and taxes). A $400 item is much more a "Christmas gift" than a birthday or Easter present, or even a "just because" purchase. Plus I anticipate the 360 to have a price drop by April, if not sooner. This will likely let the 360 take a slight lead again for the first few months of the year.

But later in the year, between E3 and November, Sony will likely do their next set of price cuts as well. Given that most of the "last gen" market is still highly skewed towards PS2 owners, I have to assume that there is at least some predisposition towards Sony over MS. Factor in the Asian market, and Sony should be able to outsell MS by a significant margin over the holidays, erasing any gains MS will make early in the year.