By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 beats Microsoft XBOX 360 handidly!

nathantay said:

$100 price drop and first holiday in Europe for PS3 of course it outsold the 360. But we'll see how long it can continue now that the holidays are over.

$100 price cut, yet still more expensive than the 360....shows you where demand is. And if I'm not mistaken, the 360 also had a holiday season too, right? Christmastime wasn't only for Sony.

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

Around the Network

Any one with half a brain knew this was gonna happen.

The 360s future was always death at PS3s hands, one market is not enough to win anything.

They got out sold by a more expensive system with none of it top games out yet, they are very much screwed as far as the future is concerned. Expect MS to be talking about xobx 720 this year.

Expect PS3 to pass 360 overall sales by jan1 2009, 360 is dieing PS3 is juts getting started ( the damn thing still costs $399)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bucket of Ice water:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 07th Jan 2007 to 30th Dec 2007:
Console PS3 X360
Total 7,687,478 8,070,407

Formatted for easy copy & paste into spreadsheets and other websites!

Seems 360 won 2007

By about 385K. Not bad considernig the PS3 was up against "the greatest holiday line-up in video game history". Considering all the PS3 gloom and doom people were uttering a year ago, that's quite a turn around.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bucket of Ice water:

Console PS3 X360

Seems 360 won 2007

LoL I love that. All these sony guys having a field day over 1 weeks numbers. The Winner of 2007 between 360 and PS3 was the 360. On to 2008 we go.

Both consoles are good, but why is the Playstation 3 outselling it when it is more expensive, and is not old enough to have the same number of high quality titles that the Xbox 360 has? What is the Xbox 360 doing wrong?

Around the Network
Mars said:
Any one with half a brain knew this was gonna happen.

The 360s future was always death at PS3s hands, one market is not enough to win anything.

They got out sold by a more expensive system with none of it top games out yet, they are very much screwed as far as the future is concerned. Expect MS to be talking about xobx 720 this year.

Expect PS3 to pass 360 overall sales by jan1 2009, 360 is dieing PS3 is juts getting started ( the damn thing still costs $399)

Oh Noes! Everyone with a 360 should just pack it up and put it into your closet. I mean its not like the thing costs $350 and over 16 million people have one. When the price drops to $250 no one will want one. Lets just move along to the 720. Ignore all the games coming out next year to, because as mars says no one will want to play. Ok sarcasm off.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Both consoles are good, but why is the Playstation 3 outselling it when it is more expensive, and is not old enough to have the same number of high quality titles that the Xbox 360 has? What is the Xbox 360 doing wrong?

Depends on who you ask. Maybe in Japan its because it has Xbox as part of its name. Moving along to 'others' perhaps some anti American / anti Microsoft sentiment has played a roll + ?. If we move along to USA (the largest market) The 360 is doing fantastic.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bucket of Ice water:

Console PS3 X360

Seems 360 won 2007

Halo 3.

Conversely, the 360 will be going up against games like MGS4, Tekken 6, and GT5 this year.

Atleast around me it has been impossible to find a 360 pro and a lot of people have been asking. There was definitely some issue of supply constrain at least in my area and most likely in many others.

whatever said:
I wonder how much money Sony LOST due to selling so many consoles this holiday season. There earnings for the quarter should be interesting.

One things for sure, they would have lost much MORE if those consoles stayed on shelves instead of being sold.