By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 beats Microsoft XBOX 360 handidly!

Bladeneo said:
Biggerboat said:
It's handily.

And yes, I think '08' will be very interesting between 360 and PS3 though personally I think the former has by far the better games and thus deserves the better sales.

I wouldnt say this distinction is as easy to make as it once was. The 360 still has a deeper library, but to suggest its "far" better is a bit of a long shot following some pretty solid holiday releases for the PS3.

Lets be honest here, the 360's line up so far, is very strong and the ps3's is medium at best but still the ps3 went neck and neck with the 360 despite a weaker software line up and a more expenisve price. The ps3 has done so well this holiday hardware wise,(software is another story...) that i seriously dont believe the numbers. Im a sony supporter but it seems to good to be true. If true though let it be.

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
HOLY CRAP!

just saw the numbers 360 got their asses handed to them by all of the other 4 systems.

This feels good since just about every other week PS3 usually loses.

Isn't this like the 3rd week in a row PS3 has beat 360, mind you the first 2 were within margin of error?

Its actually the 6th week in a row it took all of december and late november.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

sorry. but.... THE STORM HAS BEGAN ZOMG ZOMG.

Ps3 will stay above 360 until there price cut with GTA. Thats when well know whats gonna happen.

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000
DMeisterJ said:
@ coolestguyever

It's been ahead for a few weeks now, but the error margin made it hard to claim victory, but this week its over 25% ahead, way out of the margin of error.

All Right! thats sweet.

Now I know how 360 fans feel most other weeks :) lol

I think PS3 has a good chance at keeping this momentum into 2008!

he 40gb is a great thing! Here in Canada the 40gb PS3 and X Box Pro both cost $400 dollars so its not more expensive. Also the X Box Elite and the 80 gigabyte PS3 are both $500! The only way X Box is cheaper in Canada is if you buy the Arcade version.

I think the 360 was supply constrained

Around the Network

@phantom

I dont think it was, didnt microsoft say they shipped 17.7 M 360's? Vgchartz has less than 17m therefore there are more than a million on store shelves.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I think it was supply constrained.
Perhaps many 360s were needed to replace RROD.

I do believe that PS3 will continue to outsell 360. Who knows what will happen when the price drops.

Bring out the Ultimate now for $549
Drop the price of Elite to $399
Drop the price of Pro to $299
Drop the price of Arcade to $249 or drop it altogether.

If not, Ps3 sell more but not dominate over 360

yeah i guess but I am sure next week we will see higher 360 numbers. I have been trying to find a 360 this whole week and couldnt find one. I was trying to find the premium and mabey the ones shitting on the shelves are the halo and arcade edition.

supply constrained for 6 weeks?

Bladeneo said:
Biggerboat said:
It's handily.

And yes, I think '08' will be very interesting between 360 and PS3 though personally I think the former has by far the better games and thus deserves the better sales.

I wouldnt say this distinction is as easy to make as it once was. The 360 still has a deeper library, but to suggest its "far" better is a bit of a long shot following some pretty solid holiday releases for the PS3.

Well most of PS3's best games are also on 360 and most of 360's best games are not on PS3 so I'd say 'far better' pretty much covers it.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.