By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have you reserved brawl yet?

I would only reserve a game if it cut the price or gave me a sweet freebie. Otherwise reserving games is pointless...sometimes your store doesn't even get the game on day 1, and then you're screwed, because you're tied to that store.

If one Gamestop doesn't have Brawl on day 1, I'll go to another one, or a Target, or a Wal Mart...there's lots of stores out there. If it was a lesser known game, perhaps like Zack and Wiki, then maybe reserving has a point. But for SMG, Brawl, etc...reserving just ties you to one store.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

no need - i live in Germany

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

The only games I have ever reserved are SMG and pokemon diamond for the free gifts included. No gift with Brawl= No reservation for me. I'll still get it day one anyway though.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I reserved it about two weeks ago from best buy a long with No More Heroes and I got Lost Odyssey reserved from gamestop because they have the freebie. Feb is gonna be a good month.

BenKenobi88 said:
I would only reserve a game if it cut the price or gave me a sweet freebie. Otherwise reserving games is pointless...sometimes your store doesn't even get the game on day 1, and then you're screwed, because you're tied to that store.

If one Gamestop doesn't have Brawl on day 1, I'll go to another one, or a Target, or a Wal Mart...there's lots of stores out there. If it was a lesser known game, perhaps like Zack and Wiki, then maybe reserving has a point. But for SMG, Brawl, etc...reserving just ties you to one store.

You can transfer the $5 at EbGames/Gamestop to another purchase if you don't pick it up.  I did that with Zelda: Twilight Princess....since I bought it with my Wii at Target on launch day at 7 am.  EBGames wasn't going to sell it until 9 am and I needed to play/go to sleep ASAP.  So I just pushed that towards Elebits.

Around the Network

Yeah, but generally I don't want to throw down $50 on a game I wasn't planning on getting...I don't usually buy games on a whim.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Yes. $5. and Soriku isn't human!!!!!!!! :O

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, but generally I don't want to throw down $50 on a game I wasn't planning on getting...I don't usually buy games on a whim.

Me neither.  Elebits was on my list since it's E3 showing.

To be honest, I don't know why I reserve games.  I think for me it is like taking one step closer to playing the game...as stupid as that sounds. 

No, there's absolutely no need to reserve copies of highly anticipated games. I've never had any trouble finding major releases; it's the small titles (like a Zack and Wiki) that you need to call around for. BenKenobi already explained why I wouldn't reserve a game, so I won't try and repeat his arguments.

The gaming stores desperately want you to believe that you HAVE to reserve games or you won't get them, but it's all a big myth. (Hardware, on the other hand, is a smart thing to preorder.)

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

slicktrick said:
I'll wait, maybe a great deal like the Toysrus Super Mario Galaxy deal will pop up.

This is the only reason to prepurchase these types of games, and you usually won't know about those types of deals until 1-2 weeks beforehand. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">