By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have you reserved brawl yet?

Not yet but I might, I hope it's not sold out the first day at Walmart...... you know walmarts are everywhere I have six near me the furthers being maybe 30mins away.

Around the Network

For all of you in North America:
wouldn't it be nice if you made this bigger than Halo 3?

so get everyone you know to buy brawl on launch day!!!

RCTjunkie said:
I did via internet on Bestbuy.com, but the order got cancelled! I used the money I got back to get SMG, though. I will re-reserve it when my birthday comes (15 days)

Wow, you have to pay to reserve in the US? Here when you pre-order websites only take the money when they dispatch the game to you.

And no I'm not pre-ordering, I'll be waiting til the price comes down.

I'm sure best buy will have hundreds of copies on release. They always do.... So I'm just going to wait.

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Around the Network

ya my bro did that a while ago.

Yes, preordered last May at GameCrazy....AND I CANNOT WAIT!!!

"And God said unto John, come forth, and ye shall receive eternal life. But John came fifth, and he got a toaster."

I have only ever reserved 1 game; LoZ:WW.

If I plan to buy it in a shop, I will not reserve it, if I see it cheaper online, I may pre-order it but only because of shipping and such.

ferret1603 said:
And no I'm not pre-ordering, I'll be waiting til the price comes down.

Erm, you know SSB melee [GC launch-time game] is still like £25... it's unlikely you will see a price-drop on Brawl for about 2 years [at least an official drop anyway]

ferret1603 said:
RCTjunkie said:
I did via internet on Bestbuy.com, but the order got cancelled! I used the money I got back to get SMG, though. I will re-reserve it when my birthday comes (15 days)

Wow, you have to pay to reserve in the US? Here when you pre-order websites only take the money when they dispatch the game to you.

Duh.  How does reserving games work in your country?  Here, you pay money, typically a $5 minimum.  It goes towards the game's cost...so you typically pay $45 when you pick up the game...and you can put the money towards a different game if you cancel...not sure if you can get it back in cash though.

There's high demand for games, and putting money down on it ensures that you get a copy...otherwise everybody could walk into a store and "reserve" a game, and never come back for it...that'd suck.  It'd be an overstock of software.

And anyway, like I said before, reserving's dumb, you can typically get your game without reserving.  It's systems that should have reserving. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )