By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How high are your standards when looking for a relationship?

Tagged games:

How high are your standards?

Very high. I only date pe... 6 27.27%

Moderate. I date people who are on my level. 12 54.55%

Low. I will date someone ... 2 9.09%

Non-existent. I have to b... 2 9.09%

Total:22

Well some people said I have high standards, some continue to believe that.

My standards aren't all based on appearance, most of them are based on ethics and values.

My highest standard is I will never ask out or pursue a relationship with a non-Christian girl. This is due to my belief in saving sex till marriage and having moral values that just aren't shared by non-Christian girls. I have had the chance to date non-Christian girls however I turned them down based on the fact that we do not agree on the same morals.

My second biggest standard is I have to like the girls personality. Its a standard I don't break, pretty high standard. My friends bring me out to bars and stuff and want me to ask girls out, I have also been tempted to ask girls out at church where I am far more likely to be interested. However I always insist on becoming friends with the girls I am interested in before asking them out. This standard has left me with girl_friends and no girlfriends because once you get to know the girl, they aren't interested in dating you, they see you as another of their friends.

Third standard is appearance. Appearance isn't my main standard and the fact that I am over weight I truly don't expect to meet a super model. However that said I will not ask a girl out unless I think she is attractive. Some guys will ask any girl out that will accept or screw them, I on the other hand will not. That being said a girl I was interested in and found attractive enough to ask out was apparently a 3 out of 10 on the beauty scale according to my friends. All my friends said I was insane to date a girl that looked so horrible. Honestly I thought she looked beautiful.

So in the end I have very very high moral standards, I need to know a girl matches me on a personal level before I ask her out. I also expect a girl to be at least mildly attractive in my opinion to consider asking her out.

My friends have offered to hook me up with "Sluts", my one friend showed me a picture of a pretty attractive girl and said that he had a one night stand with her and she will sleep with anyone. He was like dude this would really boost your confidence and dating such a girl would be a good start. I however think that's a stupid idea, some of my good friends to this day still try to hook me up with girls who they say would be interested in me, but since they definitely don't match up with my moral values or personality theirs no way I will date them!

In the end every girl so far that meets my expectations, has wanted to be my friend. Not one accepted my offer of a date, now that I have gained so much weight I have lost all confidence to ask girls out. Not one girl I have ever asked out is not married or engaged right now, all of them have been taken. Then a few girls I have been interested in but never asked out till I got to know em a bit more they are all in serious relationships now too!

I think I might be stuck waiting till I'm in my 30's before I ever find a girlfriend, sadly!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

High for relationships for sex not so much. Good looks is all. Actually it seems my standards are so high for serious relationships that no girl ever was able to measure up to them. So basically I was never seriously in love. Dont know if its my fault, probably, but sadly I cant change the way I feel.

thats all i need right there

When looking for a long term relationship my standards are very high. I want someone who I can connect with really deep mentally, someone who I can tell anything, even my deepest secrets to, and they can tell me anything also. When I look for a relationship that I'm going to stay in for a long time I look for someone who I feel I would want to spend the rest of my life with and I don't find girls like that often. The one's I do find like that are already in relationships and I have to settle for being good friends with them, However, when I'm looking for a fling almost any girl will do. Now, I like fooling around with fat girls, but I like cuddling with them less. Cuddling with skinny girls feels way more close and intimate for me. So for a long term partner they would need to be skinny.

I'm always looking for someone who's near my tastes in movies,music,the view on the world as a whole,etc.And that person also has to do a sport daily.I don't like lazy,fat(even for a little),drama queen girls.

Around the Network

very high

looks very important,character and personality high on scale too

free thinker and independent tought-wise

though i like naughty girls sometimes but for a REAL relationship,classy girl

Pretty high I guess, I rejected 6 girls this year. Why? I don't really know, one was hot, one was nice, each had their pro's and cons. Well there was one psycho stalker who only had cons.....

Anyway, after those rejections I finally accepted my current GF, but sometimes i still have my doubts -_- I'm so hard to please. ''sigh'' The difference between my current gf and the rejected girls? My gf was the only one who didn't want to sleep with me on the first date, all the other ones wanted to have sex with me haha. Yes, they tried to seduce me into having sex instead of the other way around, though the shy one just told me i could do anything to her i wanted. xD

I guess i like hard to get girls? I'm afraid I'll lose interest in my gf after the sex, I wouldn't want to hurt her. I'm such a jerk.....

Personality is the most important thing! A good looking girl is nice, but worth nothing if i can't stand her. She does needs to take care of her body, i for one need to work out  +-10 hours a week to keep my body in shape. And I even eat healthy everyday, my body is hard to take care of. I used to be the ''fat'' kid while working out 4 hours a week and eating healthy. Then i started working out even more, and being even stricter on my foods. Then I finally lost weight. I don't eat junkfood or candy.

I don't want a girl who complains about getting fat without doing anything about it, I worked my ass off to lose my extra pounds.

I've never pursued a romantic relationship, so I really can't say. For every other relationship on the other hand, my standards aren't too high--relatively speaking.

TheEvilBanana said:
When looking for a long term relationship my standards are very high. I want someone who I can connect with really deep mentally, someone who I can tell anything, even my deepest secrets to, and they can tell me anything also. When I look for a relationship that I'm going to stay in for a long time I look for someone who I feel I would want to spend the rest of my life with and I don't find girls like that often. The one's I do find like that are already in relationships and I have to settle for being good friends with them, However, when I'm looking for a fling almost any girl will do. Now, I like fooling around with fat girls, but I like cuddling with them less. Cuddling with skinny girls feels way more close and intimate for me. So for a long term partner they would need to be skinny.

XD I find this post awesome because of how trutful it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I'd say standard, they need to have a good looking face, and not be properly overweight, but otherwise, I'd be happy with that for a relationship

long term relationships standards rise a lot :P