By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSV - Memory Card not included, Embedded Battery

VITA IS DOOMED!

Switch!!!

Around the Network
TheSwordUser said:

OK, OK, I admit my previous point was a swing and miss.
Then again, I guess they need to earn their money somehow, since I don't think they're getting any profit from Vita itself.
Whatever, it's optional so far. In like 2 years we'll probably see PS Vita - 2000 with internal storage anyway and by that time someone will figure out other solution (like those card adapters).

Lets hope its not too long because the vita's digital services are arguably its biggest features. The problem otherwise is that you've got all these cool game but very few of them warrant full price retail purchases. Nintendo had the same problem with alot of 3DS games like nintendogs, pilot wings, resident evil mercinaries and startfox 64 remake. They'll also be a ton of games which are'nt gonna release outisde of PSN, they'd suffer if people are reluctant to buy  overpriced memory cards and developers will withdraw support of the VIta as a result.

Wait a few weeks and we will se some third party cards.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Damn proprietary formats!!
Couldn't they just put in a regular SDHC card drive?
32GB for 50$ sounds a lot better than 120$. :/

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:
Damn proprietary formats!!
Couldn't they just put in a regular SDHC card drive?
32GB for 50$ sounds a lot better than 120$. :/

I think I read  somewhere this was anti-piracy related (though maybe the anti piracy justification was actually regarding the embeded battery).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
TheSwordUser said:
teigaga said:
hopefully sometime down the line they'll start including internal flash memory 16Gb-32G, it'll be importance for te success of the system in the long run

Well, PS2 also shipped with no internal storage or memory cards.

That didn't stop it from being a success.

But you still have to send the console to have them replace it from what im reading?

That's kind of a lot. Perhaps Vita will not be a launch buy after all. That doesn't mean I don't like the system though. I just don't ever buy systems at launch.

Do you have to install games on the Vita?

Wagram said:

Only if you want to download games. If you buy games on cartridges, the cartridges will hold both save data and eventual DLC. So if you don't want to download complete games from the PS Store, memory cards are pretty much unneeded.

Rainbird said:
Wagram said:

Only if you want to download games. If you buy games on cartridges, the cartridges will hold both save data and eventual DLC. So if you don't want to download complete games from the PS Store, memory cards are pretty much unneeded.

Unless you plan on buying a lot of PSP games, since the Vita can't play UMDs. Having never owned a PSP (and definitely not owning one now, thanks to the digital downloads of the games), I will probably be picking up some PSP games, which means you'll need a memory card.

I think the memory cards are a little expensive, but they're Japanese prices, so they might be cheaper whenever the Vita makes its debut in the west.