By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSV - Memory Card not included, Embedded Battery

I didn't expect this from Sony. At least even if they do have proprietary format for their memory cards they should price it properly, this doesn't match with the freedom that PS3 gives you in the HDD department.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Well, at least the second analog stick already comes with the base package of the system.

They're actually working on an add on that adds another analog stick and the rumored pentagram button.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

About battery! Changing an embeded battery is always just removing a few screws. Very easy in my book. In any case, many video game store also offer the service at a cheap price. Thats without saying the optimal life of a Li-Ion battery is 3-4 years. So the real problem is for consumers who would like to change to a second battery on the go. Other points is just trying very hard for negative thing to say.

About memory card! What a cheap move... I already have 2 memory stick pro duo. And they once again bring another format?!? I understand its to offer the PSV at a cheaper price, but still... Lets hope it really do protect against hacking, I guess we will never know for sure. In the meantime, Ill reserve a 32GB card to go with my PSV : (.

P.S.: The USD price will obviously be lower then the Yen to USD comparison, everyone here should not know this.

Well given the PSV costs ¥24,980 and in US its $249 I assume they'd do the same for the Memory cards like for example the 4gb will be around $22, the 8gb will be around $32, the 16gb will be around $55, and the 32gb will be around $95

Pretty expensive, but basically what I'm saying is it will cost more in Japan much like the system itself.

Pretty much what I expected.

As for the embedded battery, i'm guessing Pandora batteries were the inspiration for that.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:

As for the embedded battery, i'm guessing Pandora batteries were the inspiration for that.

They stated the rear touchpad was. An embedded battery is easy to change anyway, its never soldered to the board.

Icyedge said:
Dgc1808 said:

They stated the rear touchpad was. An embedded battery is easy to change anyway, its never soldered to the board.

I know they stated that but with how low the battery life is, you'd assume they would allow for swapping out and find some work around like a slot loading battery or something. They would never mention pandora batteries as a reason, either way.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Icyedge said:
Dgc1808 said:

I know they stated that but with how low the battery life is, you'd assume they would allow for swapping out and find some work around like a slot loading battery or something. They would never mention pandora batteries as a reason, either way.

I agree it would have been a good idea to allow battery swapping on the go. I guess it was for a smaller and cheaper design.

Dgc1808 said:
Icyedge said:
Dgc1808 said:

whats that

osamanobama said:
Dgc1808 said:
Icyedge said:
Dgc1808 said:

whats that

A type of battery used to unbrick/unlock a PSP.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin