By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do publishers and developers show obvious favor to Sony?

Galaki said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

simple fact here, the act of money hatting does not prove or disapprove of a dev showing 'favor' ..since even those who might do so will be swayed if the price is right

contradicting?

no?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

It is contradicint MUGEN thats the point your missing. You try and say they have no favortism but then go on to say oh well if they are given money then they aren't gonna show favoritism.

There is no favoritism in business. Only money, and money alone. The reason the people who appear to prefer a console is because that's where they feel the money is.

Cash is the determining factor / end of thread.

Maybe it's just potential they see in hardware.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

why do you think it is happening and what games are you looking for on the 3DS

i thought developers were supporting the 3DS ubisoft has a few games coming out doesn't it

i also think that Nintendo,MS and Sony have alot to do with your question at the end of the day it is in their interest to supply games for their systems

Above & Beyond

BenVTrigger said:
It is contradicint MUGEN thats the point your missing. You try and say they have no favortism but then go on to say oh well if they are given money then they aren't gonna show favoritism.

There is no favoritism in business. Only money, and money alone. The reason the people who appear to prefer a console is because that's where they feel the money is.

Cash is the determining factor / end of thread.

no ben you seem to be the one missing the point. Cash will sway ANY business move by any sane company. hence why you lil dlc bit was useless to the argument. as I said above to you, and I am repeating myself here, devs do show some favortism from time to time, may it be for or against companies, but if money is involved they won't have a choice but to follow that choice. Hence why companies like MS spend money on getting 3rd party exclusives or getting them to go multiplat. Going multiplat is always the smartest business choice yet not every company does it. it has to do with the relations those devs have with console makers, money is the best way to get rid of it. so no, no contradiction whatsoever. read properly next time, I made a clear statement earlier saying the exact same damn thing and it's getting rather tiresome repeating it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Guess its Sony calling in favours from the PS1 and PS2 days lol.

But it is confusing.......PSP software sales outside mega franchises sell like absolute garbage......and yet here we are now with massive 3rd party Vita support.

Developers will learn eventually....the hard way. Sony dug its own grave by missing a NA and Europe holiday release.

After the holidays, people will notice the obvious hardware gap between the Vita and the 3DS, Vita will launch in NA/Europe in a NON HOLIDAY month, leading to less then proper opening sales of software. The price gap will show, at least I think, which will lead to a 3DS like drop in hardware sales post launch.

Vita would have had a chance if it launched globally this holiday, but the point is after it launches and given all the factors, developers will switch back to the 3DS.

Of course.  Because everyone knows that the only time a system sells is during its launch window.  *facepalm*

Even M$ "moneyhitting" their customers every year.

With that said, I think quality beats quantity. Take Tales of Xillia for example. I think devs are now realizing my theory.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Developers can stake more on one platform assuming it will generate more income than another. This could be for a variety of reasons; one console maker offers better incentives, has a track record of selling hardware, a franchise is attributed to a particular brand etc. As support for a platform grows, I imagine many developers jump on the bandwagon. They want a piece of the pie, and if the publishing giants of the industry support one platform, the smaller developers probably surmise that the risks are lower throwing their support in too.

They will switch platforms in a heartbeat if one platform begins to sink, or there is an opportunity to make more money elsewhere, or across multiple platforms. 'Loyalty' does not exist within this industry,or at least in any sane business it doesn't, but this surface 'favoritism' you speak of is most likely just due to a perceived stronger business environment on one platform.

darkknightkryta said:
You sound butt hurt on this (Insert you mad troll face). But seriously, Ubisoft supported the PSP early one when software was selling at its highest, same with other publishers. And that's when those half assed, misnamed, Prince of Persia games came out. Now look at the past 2 maybe even 3 years, there's no support from North American devs for the PSP. Sony probably paid to have Assassin's Creed on PSP or those Petz games. I mean do you see sequels now? Same with consoles, you make it sound like devs bent over backwards to get stuff on the PS3, yet I don't know where you were at launch, but games were getting released on PS3 a good 6 months to a year after the 360. They claimed "issues" with porting, which is true, yet when the games did release they were very half assed and makes you wonder what they did for 6 months (Except Oblivion, that came out better). Final Fantasy (A series from a company that would have been bankrupt if Sony didn't bail them), was announced as multi-platform for Microsoft's console, after years and repeatedly iterating the game was a PS3 exclusive. Capcom shifted development of Monster Hunter 3 from the PS3 to the Wii. Horii abandoned Sony and moved Dragon Quest exclusively to Nintendo. Capcom just announced Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS, moved the PSP Resident Evil to the 3DS (I'm assuming that mind you but the PSP game disapeared). And I honestly havn't seen any Vita games other than the announced Call of Duty (Which can just as easily be cancelled) and that Bioshock game from North American devs. Namco released Ace Combat 6 (or 5, whatever it was) exclusively on the 360, a release that would have helped the PS3 in japan had it had a port. Namco released Tales of Vesperia exclusively on the 360 outside of Japan. Tri-Ace might have effectively killed Star Ocean with that 360 exclusive deal. I have a better question, why do you think devs and publishers havn't dicked Sony around for the past 5 years?

OMG, THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

retroking1981 said:
People saying its Sony's reputation/calling in favours from ps1/2 dont make much sence to me, it didnt help Nintendo in the N64 era based off the NES/SNES success.

Also how did Sony save square/square-enix? Serious question. Didnt they have great success on the SNES? I always here it was part of the golden era (along with ps1) of JRPGs. Also didnt Nintendo save Square? From what I've read Final Fantasy was called such because Square was going out of buisness but it was such a success it saved them, nice way to show Nintendo their gratitude, leaving in 96 for Sony.

It was revealed today that Sony Computer Entertainment laid out a whopping 14,900 million Yen to Square (approximately 124 million USD) which will be used to make up for losses incurred on the recent Final Fantasy movie, and to further production on additional games. Sony now has a 19% interest in the company, becoming the second largest shareholder of Square's stock.

That is from an article i looked up. They were bleeding money hard from the FF:SW and needed financial help. Square went to Sony and that is the offer they got from Sony. This is before it was called square-enix.

I think had it not been for the enix merger that Final Fantasy never would have become multiplat. I am not sure how much sont own of square-enix but you can bet its alot less than the 19% they owned of square.

Just checked. Sony own 8.25% of square-enix

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st