By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do publishers and developers show obvious favor to Sony?

BenVTrigger said:
But............they don't

Call of Duty: All DLC on 360 first
Bethesda games: All DLC on 360 first

Epic: Makes a massive franchise like Gears of War a 360 exclusive
Square-Enix and Mistwalker have made exclusive 360 games
Nearly every title now is multiplat with a 360 version

and I could go on and on. At the end of the day publishers / developers favor whoever they think will offer them the most success. Some feel Sony is that way and other MS and still others Nintendo.

the rest we can argue about..but the first two, you honestly don't think that was anything BUT moneyhatting do you?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

@M.U.G.E.N.

Who cares if it was moneyhatting.........the consumer sure doesn't. I swear you guys on the internet overthink and take things way too seriously. Sony does plenty of moneyhatting themselves. Every company does.

At the end of the day the video game industry has nothing to do with loyalty's and everything to do with raising the bottom dollar. To try and make an argument in a different way is just straight up silly everything is about profits and profits alone.

oh boy, Moneyhatting and making, that is something that Ninty sucks at and what the other two mastered from day one. Ninty were asses when they were on top in the NESNES days. Its no wonder they jumped to Sony when they had their machine not to mention that the system was just easier to make games for. GC got plenty of support, i wish people would stop acting like it didnt, much better than Wii, unless you count having 20 fake WiiSports games and a dozen dancing games as better support. Atari and Majesco?? People didnt buy those games because for the most part they sucked. Petz?? they made like 3 games and then they stopped, while DS had like 9, thats nothing to be proud of anyway. People who have PSP are not buying some kiddy crap and yes that what that series is. Tells alot about the DS audience. AC had one damn game on PSP and 2 on DS. What about COD, the one COD on PSP outsold any of the DS ones?? So by your logic they should stop making DS versions and make more PSP ones or Vita. Rayman?? That game flopped on 3DS and im glad it did, it was a lazy port with bugs. What 3rd party game sold more than a mil on 3DS?? and dont say SSF4 with Capcom's BS shipped numbers.

This OP comes across as a bit jealous. Ninty sucks at getting 3rd party support, Sony and MS are MUCH better, its that easy. Knowing this, you have two options. 1 stop crying and enjoy the games Ninty consoles get, i know i do 2 stop crying and buy a Non Ninty product since you know they are getting better support.

BenVTrigger said:
But............they don't

Call of Duty: All DLC on 360 first
Bethesda games: All DLC on 360 first
Epic: Makes a massive franchise like Gears of War a 360 exclusive
Square-Enix and Mistwalker have made exclusive 360 games
Nearly every title now is multiplat with a 360 version

and I could go on and on. At the end of the day publishers / developers favor whoever they think will offer them the most success. Some feel Sony is that way and other MS and still others Nintendo.

yeah, what he said...although I do notice that other developers/publishers that get their asses handed to them by those mentioned above like to favor sony *cough* ea *cough*

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

BenVTrigger said:
@M.U.G.E.N.

Who cares if it was moneyhatting.........the consumer sure doesn't. I swear you guys on the internet overthink and take things way too seriously. Sony does plenty of moneyhatting themselves. Every company does.

At the end of the day the video game industry has nothing to do with loyalty's and everything to do with raising the bottom dollar. To try and make an argument in a different way is just straight up silly everything is about profits and profits alone.

Couldn't have said it better.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
@M.U.G.E.N.

lol calm down, my point is that such point you put forth doesn't really have any place in this thread or the topic it discusses. they no way prove or disaprove the statement about publishers/devs show favor towards sony. get it? man I swear you go nuts if it's anything remotely against MS..heck it wasn't even this time. the problem with your response is that you 'didn't' think before posting this time. stop being so paranoid. we have enough of that in these forums already. pretty much every word you just said reeks of it

oh and btw hellow fellow guy on the internet

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

@ M.U.G.E.N.

I freak if its something anti-MS? Give me a break dude. How about how MS has had a pretty pitiful 1st party lineup up this year? How about the fact I platinumed KZ3 this year and purchased LBP2 (which I'm 4 trophies away from platinuming) on day 1, and Infamous 2 on day 1. How about the fact that I've straight said quality wise so far this year is all Sony. How about the fact that I thoroughly believe that God of War 3 is easily one of the greatest games of this entire generation. How about the fact that if you look at my game library and see how I rate Sony exclusives they are almost all rated VERY high. How about the fact I've said KZ3, LBP2, and Infamous 2 are all in my GOTY candidates. How about the fact I'm about to buy God of War Origins on day 1 later today.

This has nothing to do with MS vs Sony. If this thread had been called " Why do 3rd parties favor MS" I would have come in and said the exact same thing only defending Sony. I have no console allegiance. I really couldn't give a damn who makes the box I stick a disc in. Do I prefer my 360? Sure for various reasons but I still think my PS3 is dope as hell, and I give their 1st party vastly superior marks than MS. In fact the only 1st party MS game I truely care and love is Halo. Gears is Epic not even MS 1st party.

At the end of the day its not my opinion that 3rd parties don't favor Sony. Its a fact. 3rd parties favor 1 thing and 1 thing alone and thats cold hard cash. That's why almost universally ever single publisher / developer is multi-plat even those that used to be "loyal" to a console like Insomniac with Sony and Bungie with the 360. YOU guys are the ones bringing console loyalties into this, not me and the 3rd parties.

BenVTrigger said:
@ M.U.G.E.N.

I freak if its something anti-MS? Give me a break dude. How about how MS has had a pretty pitiful 1st party lineup up this year? How about the fact I platinumed KZ3 this year and purchased LBP2 (which I'm 4 trophies away from platinuming) on day 1, and Infamous 2 on day 1. How about the fact that I've straight said quality wise so far this year is all Sony. How about the fact that I thoroughly believe that God of War 3 is easily one of the greatest games of this entire generation. How about the fact that if you look at my game library and see how I rate Sony exclusives they are almost all rated VERY high. How about the fact I've said KZ3, LBP2, and Infamous 2 are all in my GOTY candidates. How about the fact I'm about to buy God of War Origins on day 1 later today.

This has nothing to do with MS vs Sony. If this thread had been called " Why do 3rd parties favor MS" I would have come in and said the exact same thing only defending Sony. I have no console allegiance. I really couldn't give a damn who makes the box I stick a disc in. Do I prefer my 360? Sure for various reasons but I still think my PS3 is dope as hell, and I give their 1st party vastly superior marks than MS. In fact the only 1st party MS game I truely care and love is Halo. Gears is Epic not even MS 1st party.

At the end of the day its not my opinion that 3rd parties don't favor Sony. Its a fact. 3rd parties favor 1 thing and 1 thing alone and thats cold hard cash. That's why almost universally ever single publisher / developer is multi-plat even those that used to be "loyal" to a console like Insomniac with Sony and Bungie with the 360. YOU guys are the ones bringing console loyalties into this, not me and the 3rd parties.

the way you responded to my post should answer most of what you just said so I won't bother.

simple fact here, the act of money hatting does not prove or disapprove of a dev showing 'favor' ..since even those who might do so will be swayed if the price is right..this is a business after all. simple logic really. I'm saying what you said does not matter or make a difference to the overall topic of the thread, my comment was never about MS or how others don't do it or anything like that. at least take a moment before replying next time, you came off as paranoid (missed the point of my comment/question completely), condescending (with the you guys on the internet bit..) and silly (you are also one)

for the record I'm not agreeing or otherwise with the OP, it's a useless argument anyways imho. some devs show favortism others don't and both sides will bow infront of money. end of story

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Probably because Nintendos consoles don't have that good hardware tbh.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

M.U.G.E.N said:

simple fact here, the act of money hatting does not prove or disapprove of a dev showing 'favor' ..since even those who might do so will be swayed if the price is right

contradicting?