By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fallout 3 Exe. Prod. says games "not even close" to using ps3's power.

@Naraku_Diabolos

SE is using the White Engine for FFXIII and future games, so you may be right about that. Looking at how great SE is with graphic technologies, even new ones, FFXIII willl probably set a groundbreaking record in how games can really look fantastic

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Around the Network
swyggi said:
@Naraku_Diabolos

SE is using the White Engine for FFXIII and future games, so you may be right about that. Looking at how great SE is with graphic technologies, even new ones, FFXIII willl probably set a groundbreaking record in how games can really look fantastic

SE has confirmed that the White Engine is actually multiplatform.  Does that make sense that it can use the PS3's "full power" in that case?

rocketpig said:
I don't care how much power Fallout 3 uses... Just don't mess up the franchise, you bastard. I really don't trust Bethesda's ability to remain true to the Fallout name... They're not exactly known for their acerbic wit.

I'm sure the gameplay will be great but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Fallout 3 turns out to be a soulless shell of the former games.

Initial reports would have that Bethesda are developing an interface and gameplay the only way they know how... Oblivion-esque. Could be good if improved, could be horrid for diehard fans if not.

I have a very bad feeling about Fallout 3. I think it will have dialogues an par with Fallout:Tactics. And stories like, well, did Bethesta ever make a really good storyline?

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
darconi said:
swyggi said:
@Naraku_Diabolos

SE has confirmed that the White Engine is actually multiplatform.  Does that make sense that it can use the PS3's "full power" in that case?

Just because the white engine is multiplatform doesn't mean that they are using it the same for each console.  For example is every game that uses the Unreal Engine equally powerful or complex?  Nope...So yes, it makes sense that the white engine can use the ps3's full power.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

Around the Network

Well seeing the screens , the game doesnt looks that great ... I wonder how much power games like KZ2 or FFXIII will use ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

zackblue said:
@kytaira

" a statistic measured by Sony’s Performance Analyser tools"

Just read the topic again =D

"a statistic measured by Sony’s Performance Analyser tools, yet to be released on PS3."

Perhaps I'm reading that wrong also? 

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Sorrow880 said:
Yojimbo said:
This thread is going to hell soon.

Lol...too bad Leo-J isn't around to rile people up.

I could care less though...I like all three consoles and am happy when good news comes in for any of them.

Positive news for Sony = Positive news for Me

Positive news for 360 = Positive news for Me

Positive news for Wii = Positive news for Me...

Oh yes he is.

rocketpig said:
Ah, I see what you're saying. Hopefully Bethesda does really delve into the spirit of Fallout but they're unlikely to get any help from the creators. I know there is some bad blood surrounding the Fallout franchise from the guys who created the first two games.

From what I heard from MAJOR and I do mean MAAAAAAJOR, as in making my Nintendo addiction look like a minor past-time, Fallout Freaks that both of the guys who made the first 2 Fallout games approached Beth asking if they wanted any help/input and Beth told them "This is our game." I wouldn't hold my breath on them getting the spirit.  

hunter_alien said:
Well seeing the screens , the game doesnt looks that great ... I wonder how much power games like KZ2 or FFXIII will use ...

Killzone 2 is going to be F-Ing amazing. It will be the best FPS on any console until Killzone 3 is released!