By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Call of Duty will never die

Yep you are right on. The franchise may get smaller but I cannot see it dying...it's like Mario IMO as long as the games are good enough people will play them.

Around the Network

OP is too complex. Simple as this; there will always be teenagers = there will always be Call of Duty.

It will never truly die but Call of Duty's success will not last forever.

What will they base the next Call of Duty after Modern Warfare 3? Choosing a futuristic setting would kill off CoD, unless it's completely original.

non-gravity said:
Let's wait for next gen to shake things up. That or yearly console counter-strike releases

I'm also wondering how the next-gen will effect strong franchises this gen...

Around the Network
Claymore said:
COD will die it's not a matter of if but when and how.

I know you only have 2 posts so you're probably a troll but I'll reply to you anyway.

The day COD dies is the day FPS die. Of course this scenario is highly unlikely and will likely never happen. Like OP said, killing people in video games is fun and gives you satisfaction.

its too easy to play! Anyone can pick up the controller and feel like a badass. Im not bashing it, i have my fun with it too, but try to get one of the CODers to play Killzone, Battlefield, MOH or just about any FPS and when it dawns on them that they are not in fact gaming gods, they will run right back to COD, thats why it outsells so many other games in the genre

I have to agree. COD wont die, it sells WAY to much for it to die anytime soon. It might slow down in sales later on, but still sell like crazy. I've been watching all this BF3 vs MW3 rants and fanboys and it's really funny. People claiming BF3 will slow COD down are day dreaming (Talking in general, not specifically VGC). The only COD game I really like is COD4 and that's it. I don't plan on get MW3 or BF3.    

VGKing said:
Claymore said:
COD will die it's not a matter of if but when and how.

I know you only have 2 posts so you're probably a troll but I'll reply to you anyway.

The day COD dies is the day FPS die. Of course this scenario is highly unlikely and will likely never happen. Like OP said, killing people in video games is fun and gives you satisfaction.

No the way COD will die is when Activision eventually gets too greedy.

Mummelmann said:
OP is too complex. Simple as this; there will always be teenagers = there will always be Call of Duty.

I have never heard it put any simpler or better than this.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger