Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Call of Duty will never die

Never? How about in a billion years time? CoD will die, it is a matter of when, not if.

"even EA [said that CoD would die soon]" translates as "even the company that would benefit most from CoD dying, or from the belief that CoD will die becoming mainstream said that CoD would die soon" Of course EA will say that.

And CoD is only marginally different to GH - the slightly lower pace of releases is all that has kept it from collapsing already.

CoD will be killed off by Activision's greed and fear of innovation. We are fast approaching the point where sales will start to drop. From that point who knows how fast or slow the drop will be

Around the Network

it wont last forever that for sure. They will screw up a release poorly timed with a release of a great fps and then the masses flock to that and never look back.

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

I've read this before, I think. Except it the titles used were "Doom" "Quake" "Medal of Honor" "Halo" "Unreal"

The FPS genre is a lot like ice cream. Sure, ice cream is great, and we all love ice cream. Right now Call of Duty just happens to the flavor of the month. People will get sick of it in the same way they got sick of high skill FPS like Quake, medium-high skill like Counter-Strike, like they did with WW2, like they did with sci-fi with spikes, like they will of current setting warfare.

Oh yeah, forgot Tribes, Counter Strike, Team Fortress Classic, this list can go on and on.

Oh yeah, and Battlefield.

If the makers of Cowwa Doody ever wise up, they'll stop making it a yearly thing and instead focus on making 1 insanely good game at a time. Doesn't matter how good rocky road tastes, people are bound to get fucking sick to death of the flavor.

Oh yeah, and Rainbow Six.

Amazing how big the graveyard of "never gonna dieeeee yeahhhhhh!!!!' FPS there are out there.

Oh yeah, and Jedi Knight.

It'll fade out eventually. Just wait until they come out with next big thing. I don't think it'll fade out anytime soon,but it will eventually. You can quote me on that.

People will always and forever buy all the new CoDs. And then all the hipsters will be the people playing Medal of Honor and stuff like that.

xbox 360 accessories|ps3 accessories

xbox 360 av cable, it is portable and lightweight.

Around the Network

People will get bored eventually. This CoD Elite thing could really backfire on fans, from what I read they seem to think they will get all maps packs as part of it, when in truth they'll just be thrown a couple of maps at most and other DLC and still need buy the actual map packs.

KylieDog said:
People will get bored eventually. This CoD Elite thing could really backfire on fans, from what I read they seem to think they will get all maps packs as part of it, when in truth they'll just be thrown a couple of maps at most and other DLC and still need buy the actual map packs.

..No all DLC is free and released early with Elite subscription.

CoD won't be going anywhere for atleast the next 2versions, each is set up to sell more then the next.

-MW2 crazy over the top in everyway.

-Blops is very boring and everyone is running Ghost and sitting corners. Running with a party is impossible to lose, running 24/7 blackbird chaining with dogs and choppers.

-MW3, is bring back quickscoping to full affect, a perk which counters both UAV and Cuav. A stupid amount of killstreaks and the "point streak" system. Small maps and a very powerful shotgun

-Blops2 will will tone back down the crazy nonsense of MW3, kill quickscoping again, no more counter to cuav, stronger tier 2perk to counter ghost, no blackbird, new killsteaks so no dogs+chopper.

-MW4 first possible next gen cod, and the first possible down to the series. New engine, possible changing of the controls by even a little bit, dividing of the large fanbase between the new gens. WW3 was MW3, but they could go with a china warring japan and Korea wars so good on that front atleast.

Good 'ol fashioned COD, may as well become the worlds new past time =p