By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Is The Best Racing Franchise Of All-Time

What Is The Best Racing Franchise Of All-Time...

Need For Speed 18 8.45%

Burnout 5 2.35%

Dirt 3 1.41%

Midnight Club 0 0%

Forza 19 8.92%

Gran Tursimo 97 45.54%

Motorstorm 0 0%

Test Drive Unlimted 0 0%

Mario Kart 71 33.33%

Total:213

Simple question: What do you guys thinks is the Best Racing franchise of All-Time...

Around the Network

I've only played Mario Kart, so that gets my vote.

The only racing franchise I ever really enjoyed was Need for Speed so that gets my vote.

Top Gear, it's a pity that there aren't old school arcade racing games in development anymore.

The more realistic a racing game becomes, the more uninterested I become. So with that said, I love racing games like Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, the Cruis'n games (pre-Wii iteration ), and Burnout (Okay... so I loved this one more so for the crashes than the actual racing...). Probably would have loved Crash Team Racing if I actually played it...

But my favoritest of the favorites would be the Mario Kart series. So many good times man...

Around the Network

I can't really vote because I haven't played enough of the titles. I will say Mario Kart is very addicting and fun to play with others. Gran Turismo isn't really my type of game, but I can see how someone could pump hundreds of hours into the game.

Need for Speed Underground 2 gives NFS the win.

Every other NFS was meh. NFSU2 though... Was just perfect.

You know when it comes to just straight up fun value no other racer has been as enjoying for me overall as Mario Kart so that gets my vote. Forza and Need for Speed are close behind it though but neither has the sheer fun factor and crazyness you get with Mario Kart.

The racing game I have the most fun with is Dirt but NFS is a close second.

F-Zero beats all of them.

On that list, I'd say Mario Kart or Burnout...