By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Is The Best Racing Franchise Of All-Time

What Is The Best Racing Franchise Of All-Time...

Need For Speed 18 8.45%

Burnout 5 2.35%

Dirt 3 1.41%

Midnight Club 0 0%

Forza 19 8.92%

Gran Tursimo 97 45.54%

Motorstorm 0 0%

Test Drive Unlimted 0 0%

Mario Kart 71 33.33%

Total:213

Liking racing sims more than arcade racers, I'd have voted GPL or GTR or rFactor, if they were available in the poll, lacking them I voted GT, but with the complaint that if they didn't it yet with any patch released, they should offer the option to enable maximum realism damage model since the starting levels and with every car, if the players so like.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Smeags said:
The more realistic a racing game becomes, the more uninterested I become. So with that said, I love racing games like Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, the Cruis'n games (pre-Wii iteration ), and Burnout (Okay... so I loved this one more so for the crashes than the actual racing...). Probably would have loved Crash Team Racing if I actually played it...

But my favoritest of the favorites would be the Mario Kart series. So many good times man...

What this guy said. Unless I can hurl a shell or some other projectile at competitors, or in the case of Burnout, crash in increasingly ridiculous ways, I'm not at all interested.

VGChartz

pezus said:
Interesting that more people commented with Mario Kart as their favorite than those that said GT was their favorite and yet they say GT is only winning because of more Sony fans on the site. Are so many Sony fans lurking the forums or what?

Maybe sim racers leave their fans less time than arcade ones to write on forums.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

IMO F-Zero, Ridge Racer, and Wipeout should have been on here to make more diversity.

Offo of the list I would say Gran Turismo, with Mario Kart coming at a close second.

I like GT but it's Mario Kart for me.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
pezus said:
Interesting that more people commented with Mario Kart as their favorite than those that said GT was their favorite and yet they say GT is only winning because of more Sony fans on the site. Are so many Sony fans lurking the forums or what?

Maybe sim racers leave their fans less time than arcade ones to write on forums.   

Oh, silly you! They could just go into B-Spec and let the AI do the job while they comment.

LOL. But maybe, like me, they voted GT because it was the least arcade and most sim available in the poll.   

Need for Speed is my personal favorite

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Destruction Derby is a great game.
Road Rash and Mario Kart.

''Hadouken!''

I have to got with Gran Turismo. I love that series.

Though, admittedly, I haven't tried Forza and I only played MK on GBA, I think.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Mario Kart easily.

Signature goes here!