By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Is The Best Fighting Franchise Of All-Time

What Is The Best Fighting Game Franchise Of All-Time.

Street Fighter 24 22.43%

Tekken 17 15.89%

Mortal Kombat 15 14.02%

Soul Caliber 7 6.54%

Virtua Fighter 2 1.87%

Dead or Alive 3 2.80%

Marvel Vs Capcom 1 0.93%

Super Smash Bros 36 33.64%

Other (Please name) 2 1.87%

Total:107

Soul Calibur gets my vote.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

Super Smash Bros. I played that yesterday on my buddies 64.

Tekken as it has always had good entries.

King of Fighters (lost track of how many damn games are out there!) and Killer Instinct need to get mentioned to. Though KI hasn't been around in years and KOF might end depending on sales of the new KOF.

I'd say Street Fighter for 2D because I have never played a disappointing 2d SF game. Probably my favorite SF is Third Strike despite the weak roster.

3d wise I would go with Virtua Fighter.

Overall I would still say Street Fighter.

It's just that simple.

Street Fighter for the SFII soundtrack alone.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

It's a tie between VF and Smash Bros for me. I chose VF as I figured it would have less votes and someone needs to cheer on one of the best fighting game series ever.

Man, I love me some Super Smash Bros. Sure, it's not a traditional fighter, but then again... that's why I love it above the rest.

Honorable mention goes to the Marvel vs. Capcom series.

It's a tie between Tekken and Mortal Kombat for me.

Your Tekken pic isn't showing

Tekken and Street Fighter are the only franchises that have stayed great with each iteration, I'll vote for Street Fighter.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752