By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus REVIEW thread - 92 on Metacritic!!

Tagged games:

GameOver22 said:
sensebringer said:
can someone explain to me why ign gave this collection of two great games an 8.5, when they gave the original shadow of colossus a 9.7??? I can't understand that.

Most of their criticisms had to do with Ico. They said the gameplay feels dated by today's standards (poor AI, platforming problems, and simple puzzles).

" She runs aimlessly around ladders when Ico calls, she pauses mid-stride for no reason at all, and she moves slowly enough to spoil Ico's adventurous pace."

While I may be able to agree with the camera and controls not always being ideal, I don't really see the problem with AI. Yorda seemed to me to be programmed to give a certain impression to the player of the characters inability to communicate and of her own lack of physical ability and uncertainty. Sure, it's a challenge, but in most cases it seems like a planned challenge.

What makes me more certain about her behaviour being intentional are Ueda's comments about TLG being about the relationship between boy and animal and trying to get the creature to help you - in short, you're supposed to notice that companion AI doesn't cooperate 100%.

I can understand their criticism, but I don't agree with it.

Around the Network
Machina said:
*Is dreading the Edge score*

They gave the original SotC 8.0.

I can see it now.

3/10 - "NO GUNS"

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

lol i was joking with last months winner spurgeonryan. i'm sure you read his post already.

I see what you were trying to do!

it seems last months top 5 is going to let you win this month i kid (i was number 5 lol).

good luck. it seems your well ahead of the bottom 3-10. it seem'd like after you hit the top 5 last month you just disappeared. wht happend?

I got really busy for about a week and a half. Saw some friends I hadn't seen for almost 2 years.

ok. well straight to the top ya go bud. i'll likely never go for the top 5 again, but it was fun.

Top 5 is not too horribly hard to get to. I forget what did you end up getting for a prize?

sensebringer said:
can someone explain to me why ign gave this collection of two great games an 8.5, when they gave the original shadow of colossus a 9.7??? I can't understand that.

Isn't 8.5 a good score? I don't get the anger and the 15+ pgs comments on ign debating a 0.5 difference.

Kantor said:
Machina said:
*Is dreading the Edge score*

They gave the original SotC 8.0.

I can see it now.

3/10 - "NO GUNS"

i'd jump out my skin if that happens

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

lol i was joking with last months winner spurgeonryan. i'm sure you read his post already.

I see what you were trying to do!

it seems last months top 5 is going to let you win this month i kid (i was number 5 lol).

good luck. it seems your well ahead of the bottom 3-10. it seem'd like after you hit the top 5 last month you just disappeared. wht happend?

I got really busy for about a week and a half. Saw some friends I hadn't seen for almost 2 years.

ok. well straight to the top ya go bud. i'll likely never go for the top 5 again, but it was fun.

Top 5 is not too horribly hard to get to. I forget what did you end up getting for a prize?

i got Magickahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVrQ8fBOG_w

well considering mostly all i did was post add and review games i'd say your right but but doing that i only landed 5 to 7k points buy the nd of the month and the top 4 was well a head of that. more then double.

i can admit i wasn't trying to hard considering i know how to get the points, but this month i got business to take care of before considering a run for the top 5 again.

Fufinu said:
sensebringer said:

Isn't 8.5 a good score? I don't get the anger and the 15+ pgs comments on ign debating a 0.5 difference.

Of course it is a good score. But they gave Star Fox 64 3d an 9.0 and the original score was 8.7, and gave the original Ocarina of time an 10 and the 3ds remake got an 9.5. It seems that they think this one is not as good as the original one, or that the game has not stood the test of time. 

this is going to look great in HD...i love the pictures so far

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:

well considering mostly all i did was post add and review games i'd say your right but but doing that i only landed 5 to 7k points buy the nd of the month and the top 4 was well a head of that. more then double.

i can admit i wasn't trying to hard considering i know how to get the points, but this month i got business to take care of before considering a run for the top 5 again.

Yeah if your busy there's not much you can do about getting in the top 5.

yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:

Yeah if your busy there's not much you can do about getting in the top 5.

dito