By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DS : more games for me ?

Well , as anyone knows , Im a long time PSP protector , but in the same time I cant say that I hate the DS , or Nintendo . Lately , whit all the hype around the DS I was thinking that I should buy one . So , as I guess , as most people , I have some pocketmoney remaining from the holidays , and I have two options : buy a bunch of PSP games or buy a DS with a couple of games .

I have a couple of games that I want for the DS : FFIII , NSMB , Metroid PH , MKDS , Resident Evil DS , Zelda PH , Battles of POP ... and well , I really cant think of more ... maybe I would buy Rayman DS ( personal favorite ) , or Brain Training , but I really dont know many good games  . But still , as every most successfull consoles of its generations , all have hidden treasures , so i wonder what smaller games are there that I would like . 

So if I would buy one tomorrow , I would want to know what other games I could pick up . I like platformers , action/adventures , action/RPGs , tactical RPGs , shooters , racers ... well this are my favorites . So anyone could give me a couple of games names I would apreciate it .

PS : please , no stuff , like : Whats the matter , the PSP doesnt has enough greta games no more ? Except if its a joke of course :P 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Advance Wars DS or Days of Ruin

It's almost a tactical RPG, but awesome, (I assume) online with Days of Ruin and with a map editor.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Elite Beat Agents. Best rythm game ever made. Soooo good.

Whats the matter , the PSP doesnt has enough greta games no more ?

J/K

Seriously though...

- Mario Kart DS
- Super Mario 64 DS
- New Super Mario Brothers
- Super Princess Peach
- Megaman ZX
- Megaman ZX Advent
- Etrian Odyssy
- Any of the Castlevania Games
- Izuna: Unemployed Ninja
- Brother in Arms DS
- Touch the Dead
- Dementia (I think its called, just came out)

Around the Network

I agree with everything GGE said. Tossing in Elite Beat Agents and the three Phoenix Wright games, for some anime wackiness

Also Nintendogs.

Final Fantasy 3 sucks. I think you should avoid it. Rent or try it before buying. I have not meet someone that liked the game.

Let me recommend:

Phoenix Wright trilogy (great games, but most of it is reading)
Castlevania (2 great action RPG games)
Mario Kart (if you like the series, online play is a nice bonus)
Lunar Knights (a good under rated action RPG from Kojima)
Contra 4 (very hard, but amazing old school game)

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Planet Puzzle League is a must if you ever played Tetris Attack back on the SNES or its Pokemon themed clone on the N64 don't remember its name and enjoyed them. Its basically been streamlined with lots of modes of play daily scores Nintendo WiFi features can play against your friends with a single cart, its no longer linked to Nintendo characters(Yoshi/Bowser/Pokemon) however is developed/published by Nintendo so its a good game. Look up youtube videos of it see if its something that would interest you its my take out and play 10 minutes game for the DS not too big on things like Animal Crossing but give me Planet Puzzle League any day. PS sorry just read your prefered genres and realized a game like this isn't in there I'd still give it a look though its the only puzzle type game I play whereas otherwise my favorite genres are Adventure, RPG, SRPG, Platformer, RTS, Sim builder and the occasional FPS.

Now Playing : Links Crossbow Training(Wii), Super Mario Galaxy(Wii) FE: Path of Radiance(GC)

Phoenix Wright ace attorney (best game ever made... EVER!!!!!),
Trauma Centre,
Pokemon diamod and pearl,
Sonic rush,
super mario 64,
Resident evil: deadly silence

Etrian Odyssey (if you like tough RPG, when i mean tough, i really mean tough)
Picross (this kind of game isn't possible on console or PSP, must have for any collection)
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (monsters collection game, I prefer this over pokemon by about 50x)

I'll leave the others to input more titles.

edit: add dementium if you're a fan of horror games.