By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DS : more games for me ?

Super Princess Peach, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrw, Lunar Knights, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Kirby Canvas Curse, amd Luminous Arc off the top of my head. Those are just the ones that fit neatly into the categories you listed of course. I can come up with more games if you want to try games not in those genres.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Buy every Advance Wars game ever made.

It's great you finally want a NDS, there are so many good games around.

RPG:

Dragon Quest Monsters-Joker  Square Enix 

Etrian Odyssey  Atlus 

Tactical RPGs:

Front Mission  Square Enix

Hoshigami Remix Running Blue   Aksys

Action:

DK Jungle Climber  Nintendo

Viewtiful Joe - Double Trouble   Capcom

Racers:

Diddy Kong Racing DS  Nintendo

Adventures:

Lost in blue 1, 2  Konami

Tactic:

Advance Wars Dual Strike  Nintendo

Others:

Phoenix Wright 1, 2, 3  Capcom

The Rub Rabbits  Sega

Elite Beat Agents  Nintendo

Wario Ware Touched   Nintendo

SeriousWB said:
Buy every Advance Wars game ever made.

BUY THEM ALL!!!!

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Warioware: Touched

Around the Network

buy a R4 and a micro SD and download all the games you want

Puzzle quest if you dont have the PSP version and Hotel Dusk (best adventure for years)

'You should try everything once in your life except incest, homosexuality and morris dancing' - Oscar Wylde (sort of)

Zom said:
Planet Puzzle League is a must if you ever played Tetris Attack back on the SNES or its Pokemon themed clone on the N64 don't remember its name and enjoyed them. Its basically been streamlined with lots of modes of play daily scores Nintendo WiFi features can play against your friends with a single cart, its no longer linked to Nintendo characters(Yoshi/Bowser/Pokemon) however is developed/published by Nintendo so its a good game. Look up youtube videos of it see if its something that would interest you its my take out and play 10 minutes game for the DS not too big on things like Animal Crossing but give me Planet Puzzle League any day. PS sorry just read your prefered genres and realized a game like this isn't in there I'd still give it a look though its the only puzzle type game I play whereas otherwise my favorite genres are Adventure, RPG, SRPG, Platformer, RTS, Sim builder and the occasional FPS.

You win for this!

Here's a hero cookie

Sorry, I got hungry...

hunter_alien said:

I have a couple of games that I want for the DS : FFIII , NSMB , Metroid PH , MKDS , Resident Evil DS , Zelda PH , Battles of POP ... and well , I really cant think of more ... maybe I would buy Rayman DS ( personal favorite )

FF3: only buy if you like old school JRPGs like FF1 and FF2 (FF origin on the PS1)

Metroid PH: Good multiplayer, weak/boring single player

Resident Evil DS: haven't played but I would give it a pass, better play the original or the GC remake.

Battle of POP: I have heard both bad and good things from it, bad probably because of the expectations of the POP name and good from those that went with an open mind and thought "actually it's not that bad" so I would suggest trying it first.

But what I would say is: STAY AWAY FROM RAYMAN DS!!! It is Rayman 2  which should be a good thing but it is a shovelware port from the beginning of the DS's life (a bit like what we got on the Wii this past year) and the broken controls totally ruin it. Better stick with the original or Rayman Revolution.

So if I would buy one tomorrow , I would want to know what other games I could pick up . I like

platformer: NSMB, Sonic Rush (and SR Adventure probably but haven't played yet), Super Princess Peach (not the best but fun so buy second hand/bargain bin), Megaman ZX and Kirby Canvas Curse come to mind.

action/adventures: Zelda:PH... I'm sure there are others but I don't think I have played them.

action/RPGs: Castlevania:DS and POR too probably but I haven't played it yet. There is also some Roguelike games like Izuna and Etrian Odyssey that would fall in this category if you like getting your ass kicked hard (again haven't played them).

tactical RPGs: I don't know if Final Fantasy Tactics:Advance 2 is out yet but the first one was good on the GBA (though it disappointed many FFT fans).

shooters: Beside MP:H I don't really know. Megaman Zx if you consider it more shooter than platformer (I don't hence it being in platformers earlier in the post).

racers: Outside of Mario Kart DS I would stick with the PSP for that as that is a genre in which the PSP's bigger screen and more powerful hardware offers more than two screens (though a map screen is nice) with a touch screen.

PS : please , no stuff , like : Whats the matter , the PSP doesnt has enough greta games no more ? Except if its a joke of course :P

Oh, almost forgot: What's the matter? the PSP doesn't have enough great games anymore?

If you do decide to buy a DS I hope that you will enjoy enough games on it to make the purchase worthwhile.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Brain Training or More Brain Training. Its good and not really for kids at all!