By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy X - What to do next?

Tagged games:

Nanaki said:

Being killed by story bosses with 30k HP and 200 stats is pretty big achievement, they aren't that hard. Of course, there are some cheap shot like Megadeath from Yunalesca, but overall, it shouldn't be even possible. IMO it was some super-boss that kill him.

Ultima and Holy are pretty strong spells, if you can have them, go for it. Good move is "Attack Reels" for Wakka. I hope you play Blitzball. If you make it right, it do about 12 hits. Too bad, that's just Overdrive, so it isn't available anytime.

I don't play Blitzball that much, I have to, especially if you get good stuff from it.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

I could see him getting whooped by a surprise Marlboro and Bad Breath...but other than that with 30k HP (which isn't necessary in FF X, 9999 is all you need...though I'm not sure about the optional bosses in the International version but wouldn't be surprised if 9999 is enough) and with that much strength, how could you die in the Omega Dungeon lol.

Dark Bahamut hit 99,999 on every single one of my characters before I was even able to have my turn :P

Soriku said:
Xen said:
^30k and still whooped?
You lie!

I could see him getting whooped by a surprise Marlboro and Bad Breath...but other than that with 30k HP (which isn't necessary in FF X, 9999 is all you need...though I'm not sure about the optional bosses in the International version but wouldn't be surprised if 9999 is enough) and with that much strength, how could you die in the Omega Dungeon lol.

Marlboro only means he will whoop his own ass, grasshoppa! (anyone who can manage break HP limit should manage ribbon or at least confuseproof :P )

9999 is not enough, though. From experience, since getting a set of break hp limits is a bitch.

@Nanaki: Well, he said monsters, no optional bosses!

Soriku said:
Xen said:
^30k and still whooped?
You lie!

I made minced meat of the mobs in Omega Dungeon, I was referring to the OP going in there with his current roster.

30k HP and getting murdered is no problem with the strongest custom monsters at the Calm Lands Monster Arena, some of them will counter-attack all three characters for massive damage (truly massive damage) each and every time you hit them and my evasion and luck simply wasn't high enough. At around 160-170 game hours I was still a ways off to beat the strongest monsters without resorting to Yojimbo.

Soriku said:
Mummelmann said:

I made minced meat of the mobs in Omega Dungeon, I was referring to the OP going in there with his current roster.

30k HP and getting murdered is no problem with the strongest custom monsters at the Calm Lands Monster Arena, some of them will counter-attack all three characters for massive damage (truly massive damage) each and every time you hit them and my evasion and luck simply wasn't high enough. At around 160-170 game hours I was still a ways off to beat the strongest monsters without resorting to Yojimbo.

Usually when you hit a wall like that with the Monster Arena monsters, you just exploit the AP tricks with the Cactuar/Tonberry bosses in the arena and take them down easily (because there's no other way besides Yojimbo I guess) :P In vanilla FF X I beat all the bosses in around 93 hours with Tidus/Yuna/Auron. No need for over 9999 HP either. Accessories with Auto-Protect, Auto-Pheonix Down, Auto-Haste are awesome. The spell that auto revives party members when they die is also kinda broken.

Too bad the International version wasn't released in NA. Would've liked to try the Dark summons and Penance :x

Yeah, I used the Cactuar King trick for leveling up, the real pain is getting the spheres!

My ex had a roster of characters with 255 all stats save for luck, which was around 115-120, she massacred dark aeons without Yojimbo and I think she bested the toughest custom monsters as well. She had well over 200 hours game time though.

Around the Network

Xen: So, it's clear now. Custom bosses from Arena are basically optional bosses, they are pretty strong. Normal monsters from game aren't that strong, maybe, maybe Marlboro, if you have bad luck.

Offtopic:

What was the monster near some sandy cliff edge?

I have no idea what it was or never did I find him again but he kicked my ass very badly. It was quite early in the game and after that I grinded like f*ck just not to see that guy ever again. :D

I want my vengeance.