By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Which movie had the most disappointing domestic box office run of Summer 2011?

Which movie had the most disappointing domestic performance?

Cars 2 3 3.80%

Pirates of the Caribbean 4 2 2.53%

Kung Fu Panda 2 2 2.53%

Green Lantern 29 36.71%

Cowboys and Aliens 9 11.39%

Conan the Barbarian 32 40.51%

Final Destination 5 0 0%

Mr. Popper's Penguins 0 0%

Zookeeper 0 0%

Other 2 2.53%

Total:79

I think the most dissapointing box office sales would have to be Conan. I thought that the new one was better then the two past ones combined it was a pretty good film. So to see it loose so much money especially compared to the more dissapointing GreenLanturn film makes it the most dissapointing.

Honestly Conan deserved to do much better then it did. The film was pretty good. Green Lanturn on the other hand was really dissapointing. I found the story pretty boring and the CG totally did not help the movie look any better. The acting was the only thing the film had going for it, Ryan Reynolds was the only redeeming feature of the whole film.

Also I think Cars2 should have done way worse. The origional was one of Pixar's worst movies and the sequel was apparently the worst film they have ever put out. Not only that its being ranked as one of the worst Disney films in years. I'd say it definatly did not deserve to almost break even when compared to titles which were far superior!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Cars 2 was just a disappointment, all around. It wasn't the biggest box office bomb by any means but that movie was just horrible.

d21lewis said:
Cars 2 was just a disappointment, all around. It wasn't the biggest box office bomb by any means but that movie was just horrible.

Even worse than Green Lantern?

Mordred11 said:
d21lewis said:

Even worse than Green Lantern?

Cars 2 almost made me cry.  Green Lantern just made me feel sorta bad.

going by your list conan followed by green lantern

i'll still be renting most of them though when they get here

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Mordred11 said:
sapphi_snake said:

And they will all bomb. The only type of movies that should be remade are those that sucked, but had potential (for example Ben-Hur, the famous version with Charleton Heston, is actually the second remake of a movie that originally bombed). If a movie is already massively succesful, and considered a classic (like Gone with the Wind, which is universally acclaimed by critics, and actually has the highest cinemat attendance ever, the most watched telecast ever etc.) then a remake of it (which will no doubt be inferior in every way) will bomb hard.

Iconic movies shouldn't be remade!!!

I agree.I'm still waiting for Warner Bros. to remake Matrix 2&3

I'm still holding out for George Lucas to remake Episodes 1-3 lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Wow. I didn't realize how badly Conan did.

There goes my dream for a Beastmaster remake.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I want a Willow remake dammit!!!!

oni-link said:
I want a Willow remake dammit!!!!

I looked at the list and to be honest I could not see any dissappointments boxoffice wise, they all got what they deserved, maybe with the exception of cowboys and aliens which I kinda enjoyed, at least it wasn't the boring suckfest of bad acting and bad script that was Conan.