By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Which movie had the most disappointing domestic box office run of Summer 2011?

Which movie had the most disappointing domestic performance?

Cars 2 3 3.80%

Pirates of the Caribbean 4 2 2.53%

Kung Fu Panda 2 2 2.53%

Green Lantern 29 36.71%

Cowboys and Aliens 9 11.39%

Conan the Barbarian 32 40.51%

Final Destination 5 0 0%

Mr. Popper's Penguins 0 0%

Zookeeper 0 0%

Other 2 2.53%

Total:79
NightDragon83 said:
Mordred11 said:
sapphi_snake said:

And they will all bomb. The only type of movies that should be remade are those that sucked, but had potential (for example Ben-Hur, the famous version with Charleton Heston, is actually the second remake of a movie that originally bombed). If a movie is already massively succesful, and considered a classic (like Gone with the Wind, which is universally acclaimed by critics, and actually has the highest cinemat attendance ever, the most watched telecast ever etc.) then a remake of it (which will no doubt be inferior in every way) will bomb hard.

Iconic movies shouldn't be remade!!!

I agree.I'm still waiting for Warner Bros. to remake Matrix 2&3

I'm still holding out for George Lucas to remake Episodes 1-3 lol.

Please no!

If he does it we may end with a movie without actors, only CGI... imagine how many Jar Jar Binks would be there! **shivers**

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Conan and Sucker Punch.

I'd say Cowboys and Aliens, just due to the star power and hot director. Did anybody really think Conan would make money? And people had been down on GL since Comiccon 2010.

The only one I expected not to fail was Pirates. It didn't bomb persay but it DEFINITELY underwhelmed.

I knew Green Lantern would disappoint 100%; making their heavy ad campaign a waste of cash. I also felt Zookeeper was promoted too early before release.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

conan, i knew as soon as i saw the 1st trailer for it, that it would bomb hard. jurassic park ( potentialy going to be remade,spielberg isnt sure if the next one is going to be part 4 or a reboot),back to the future,dirty dancing,jaws,the thing,hellraiser,the last starfighter ( might get remade too, if that happens i will kick universal studios a$$ all over this damn planet ) and the list goes on and on.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Why would Cars 2 be dissapointing when it did well for such an awful movie? It didn't deserve a penny

Conan for sure, as I actually enjoyed that film, if you wanted to watch Conan the barbarian, it was perfect, I'm surprised to see it do so badly :/

JEMC said:
NightDragon83 said:
Mordred11 said:
sapphi_snake said:

And they will all bomb. The only type of movies that should be remade are those that sucked, but had potential (for example Ben-Hur, the famous version with Charleton Heston, is actually the second remake of a movie that originally bombed). If a movie is already massively succesful, and considered a classic (like Gone with the Wind, which is universally acclaimed by critics, and actually has the highest cinemat attendance ever, the most watched telecast ever etc.) then a remake of it (which will no doubt be inferior in every way) will bomb hard.

Iconic movies shouldn't be remade!!!

I agree.I'm still waiting for Warner Bros. to remake Matrix 2&3

I'm still holding out for George Lucas to remake Episodes 1-3 lol.

Please no!

If he does it we may end with a movie without actors, only CGI... imagine how many Jar Jar Binks would be there! **shivers**

You know, I hadn't thought about it like that... and it would be entirely plausible, considering the all-CGI "Clone Wars" snoozefest of a movie that came out a couple years ago.  And just think... right now he's hard at work getting ready to re-release them all in 3D, probably with some more changes as well a-la the "special editions" he put out of the original trilogy where he managed to ruin the originals forever.

Though I can't imagine reissues of 1-3 being any worse... but then again, nobody thought that Indy 4 could possibly be worse than all three Star Wars prequels combined.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

d21lewis said:
oni-link said:
I want a Willow remake dammit!!!!

LMAO...sorry to bother you imma gonna let you finish but I just want to say...Willow was one of the best movies of all time...of all time!!!! :P

I voted cowboys and aliens. I thought it would be more popular then that. as with the conan remake,anybody could have seen that flop coming from a mile away.