By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Call Of Duty Dev Says Uncharted Franchise Isn't Quite World Class

snakenobi said:
maverick40 said:
snakenobi said:
it just doesn't seem like one as the way SONY markets it and places on the market

also the hype building is necessary for a franchise to be called world class

as in quality,uncharted definitely is one

how does building hype for a game make it world class? I would have thought having outstanding quality, being the best game in it's genre and one of the greatest franchises of all time would be world class no?

quality-wise it doesn't but only the core gamers know that who continuosly follow it

for us it might be world class but it surely doesn't get the attention which is where marketing and hype is required

do you see SONY marketing UC as HALO,GEARS,MGS,COD,FF,GT,GOW,etc.

it is nowhere near that

for example AVATAR was a mediocre movie atleast in story part but great in effects.they spend close to $200m in advertising it.

its grosses didn't just come from its quality but also the way it was put on people's mind and so the hype and word of mounth began.

Just because some sells a lot doesn't make it world class. I have no idea where your post is trying to go.....

Around the Network

they so jelly... xDD

It's taken out of context. He said that specific genre meets a world-class franchise. He compared the genre to Uncharted only, and didn't make mention in any way of Uncharted's quality. There are many action/adventure games out there that fall under that description, and Uncharted is one of them. Since a lot of people like Uncharted, a lot of people might like to see Call of Duty take on an action/adventure genre like Uncharted has taken.

It's not a big deal, and the quote was taken out of context and mis-interpreted.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Doobie_wop said:
He probably doesn't mean what we think he means, it might just be a misstep. No reason to cause a fuss.

+1

wouldn't you then get Gears of War? >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

To be honest regardless of being a huge uncharted fan i wouldn't exactly call it a world class franchise in the same sense as call of duty. After all imo for something to be considered world class it must be accessible to a wide audience and allow a wide variety of people to be able to pick up and play with ease.... CoD does that better than most other games. Catering for that accessibility is one of the very reasons why i can't get into CoD, personally i find it to be a shallow experience lacking challenge but i get why its so appealing to people

They envy Uncharted + metioning it made it more world class than their product.

Xen said:
When insecure about yourself, bash.

I agree, we're seeing loads of this lately. EA with Battlfield, Sony moaning about XBLA, and now this

However, no they're not jealous. They have a franchise that surpasses 20 million units a year ...

If they want to prove it, they should release this new 3rd person game without multiplayer. i'd love to see how many people buy a 'world class' shooter without multiplayer.

tbh this guy dosent actully say Uncharted isnt world class, he says something that infers that. he dosent necessarily mean what hes saying.

Getting worked up over this just seems silly.