By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Prove that God exists

religions and their gods are a human invention, there will never be evidences that tell that omnipotent deity are real.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
While we're at it, can some prove if Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy exist?

Oh wait, they're constructs of human imagination. Much like the G man.

Now, if you could just tell me how the human imagination/consciousness exists?

PhalanxCO said:
gamelover2000 said:
The very fact that you can't prove or disprove god's existence proves he is not real. Religion has never predicted anything or has it said things wich were later found to be true but it has said multiple things wich later were proven untrue.

Say what?

200 years ago we couldn't prove/disprove that black holes existed, but that doesn't mean they didn't. There are lots of things in the universe that we cannot prove or disprove, that doesn't mean they don't exist. It only means we aren't advanced enough.

I believe in God. I also believe that the Big Bang is a perfectly plausible theory on the origin of the universe. God and Science are not mutually exclusive. Faith by its very definition cannot be proved, otherwise it would not be faith. The Bible actually confirms science on many occasions. It stated that the Earth was a sphere when everyone else thought it was flat. It said that it hangs in space revolving around the sun, when everyone else thought it was supported by 4 elephants on the back of a giant sea turtle. There are myriads of examples of the Bible corroborating science.

The reason why it's obvious religion is not real due to god being impossible to prove untrue is that that is how religion works.

Religion was made up by someone, it wasn't implemented onto the world out of nowhere, if it was the oldest religion is the correct one obviously.

They basically say that god is a mighty being that is impotent and loves you but there is no way his existance can be proven, bad things still happen to religious people ATLEAST as much so why is this 'love' not showing?

Not only can he not be proven true, bad things and good things happen equally to religious and non religious people... that makes no sense whatsoever if you even read the bible. it states that trusting in god will fill your life with peace and joy...

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

gamelover2000 said:
Dr.Grass said:
gamelover2000 said:
The very fact that you can't prove or disprove god's existence proves he is not real. Religion has never predicted anything or has it said things wich were later found to be true but it has said multiple things wich later were proven untrue.

Religion is a scam and it's not easy to figure out.

Your father ends up in hospital with lung cancer.

you pray to god to help him

father get's cured - MIRACLE!
father dies - God's will.

Why pray in the first place?

Religion is there to control people and make them fear their actions, religious people are apparently so afraid of dying they NEED to believe there is something after life.

Religion is bullshit, it's a faerie tale.. I am so glad we found out about this in Western Europe so we could get on to real issues such as gun control, health care and education.

Your first contribution indicates your incredible lack of logic and understanding of scientific method.

The rest is a hateful gust of trolling meant to derail this thread.

Please explain to me what the use of prayer is? or any kind of contact to god...

The church sold spots for heaven to murderers and torturers for money, they let you confess your sins and if you make a nice deposit your sins are forgiven, priests are molesting little boys all over the world.

Religion is nothing... not even your high priests believe in god because surely that would stop them from molesting children.

Yes i know it's a sensitive issue.. but religion needs to die off as quickly as possible... Embrace logic instead of gibberish.

1. You only know Chritianity (and perhaps Islam) I would induce from these statements.

2. The church is hardly representing what Jesus taught at all.

3. Prayer as a contract is not advised by any prophet/saint/messiah/teacher from any tradition.

Are you so violently opposed to the benefits of meditation as well?

How can you be so dismissive about something you know nothing about?

archbrix said:
SmokedHostage said:
While we're at it, can some prove if Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy exist?

Oh wait, they're constructs of human imagination. Much like the G man.

Now, if you could just tell me how the human imagination/consciousness exists?

A big invisible man in the sky is a proper answer to you?

just because you can't explain something doesn't mean the least likely thing is responsible for it... you are obviously scared of what you don't know... I have never seen a clearer case..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network
gamelover2000 said:
tolu619 said:
I will simply say that the Bible has given me explanations about things in the universe that science hasn't. I totally believe in science, the big bang theory, evolution, etc. There's no reason why I can't believe that God created the universe through the big bang. Also, the Bible tells me that Homo sapiens are just over 6,000 years old and science shows me fossils of dinosaurs and homo erectus and bla bla.
Then the Bible tells me that God created the world in the beginning. Jump a couple millenia forward and 'the earth was without form and void', meaning the earth was existing but destroyed(probably when Lucifer fell). Then science tells me there's a HUGE gap of a couple millenia between the fossils and homo sapiens. No fossils of creatures existing for a long time period inbetween. Then God creates man and tells him to 'be fruitful, multiply and REPLENISH the earth', meaning to fill it up AGAIN.
I just used this as a small example of how I get a fuller picture believing in both. Besides, when you've EXPERIENCED the supernatural, you will have to doubt your own existence before you doubt the existence of God.
You know, where I live, juju(or voodoo as you would call it) is still used by witches and babalawos(read wizards) so much that even an atheist living here would believe in spirits, even if he doesn't believe in God. Just recently, my younger brother was spelled into following a stranger a couple of kilometers away from our estate and to cut the long story short, we had to spend about N100,000($625) to get him back. We got lucky though.
I just gave little examples, I can give more examples of how my faith gives me a fuller picture of life, or of the juju I've encountered, or of my relationship with my God, but from my past experience, I've learnt that when guys like you start a thread like this, anything I say that they can't explain away, they would just conclude that I'm lying.

Mankind is much older then 6000 years old.. you are cracking me up xD

prove it. the oldest known tools, books or any other proof of homo sapiens existence is how old by carbon dating? and I said homo sapiens. I definitely don't doubt the existence of the early man.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

It can't be proven. No divinity or similar concept can ever be proven to be any more than one's imagination.
Well, if I'm going down, I'm taking you with me. In a sense.
Tell me, can you really "prove" most scientific concepts (or anything at all)? They are all, ultimately, based on complete and utter assumptions. I mean, for example, a lot of scientific progress is made through observation. Tell me, what the heck does observation prove? Is there any reason to believe that what you, I or 7 billion people see has any basis in reality whatsoever? Science is also, you might say, based on logical deductions and reasoning. Tell me, what on earth is logic? Isn't it just what you think makes sense? Also, let's rewind a bit. How the heck do you prove anything at all? Just because your reasoning makes sense to yourself and 7 billion other people, it means that your reasoning is valid? I think not.
I'm definitely treading on existential grounds here (nothing can prove that we actually exist and stuff), but I'll be impressed if you can reasonably argue against this.
This is why I like Maths (well, the "Pure" kind, I suppose, if I know it well enough to refer to it). It needn't be real or apply to the world as you know it. It's all abstract and in your head, where nothing needs proof, :D.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

more then 70k people on this site and all we have are prove god exist and a console elimination threads?

well if you insist.

as much as i counter the argument(and support it)i wouldn't have made this thread. its to much of a stretch. for those who say he saved my life i'll say it was a chemical imbalance in your head at the time.

for those who say he doesn't exist i'd say prove it and throw everything they say out of the window and class it as unreasonable, or not logical so this thread may not be for me as i sit in the middle.

/thread

Dr.Grass said:
Runa216 said:

I want to say, this is NOT a troll thread, I'm not looking to piss people off nor am I demanding perfection of the imperfect.  I am, however, looking for some answers. 

Religion is a huge part of modern culture, there's no denying this.  People go to church, say "god bless you", and generally seem to be okay with believing in it and accept it at face value.   But a lot of this is a pervasive remnant of a culture that should have died 60 years ago.  We are living in an age of enlightenment, where more and more of the universe is being discovered and Science is contributing to this world more and more, so it's less and less rational to believe in something like God.  In a world where we need absolute, undeniable proof of something before we believe it (pics or it didn't happen, not to mention many people are actively resisting Stem Cell research because much of the limited research so far has been largely inconclusive), it's a very biased attitude to be fine with having faith in god without that same demand for proof.  

so I submit that, if people the world over want to continue to not only run their lives based off an archaic belief system but control the rest of the people by pushing those views, I propose we demand empirical evidence of god.  Any God.  

And no, "you can't prove that God exists, this isn't fair" isn't an adequate response. Being okay with having faith or twisting logic so that "it's all a test" is not good enough, if Religion is to persist in the modern world it should be subject to the same criticism and rigorous testing the rest of our lives demand. Religion should not be given a free pass simply because it's been a part of our social collective for so long, without progress we stagnate, so if you're going to cling to those beliefs without proof, then at least try to substantiate it. 

So go, offer proof. Hell, even rational theories will do, I honestly want to hear them, but expect skepticism.  

Since you CLEARLY stated the conditions of this thread, I think its only fair that all comments violating these conditions be removed. I have been banned for FAR less. I wrote a sincere post. It may be long, but with all the other crap around the chances of you even looking at it are diminishing by the second. 

I want you to know I read every word of that "Wall-O-Text" post, and I found it very interesting.  That said, short of reading the works cited, I Can't give a proper response concerning the validity of the claims therein.  It's nice to see others willing to put a strong foot forward and dsicuss something rationally regardless of our differing opinions.  

I also want to roll my eyes at people claiming that my status as a writer for VGChartz excludes me from making a thought provoking thread, and I Find it rather offensive that people insist on complaining about this thread rather than contributing to it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android