By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Prove that God exists

I will ignore the slightly insulting OP's usage of "archaic" and other words that imply belief in a religion to be silly, old fashioned, or otherwise odd.

I just have two things to say:

1. Science never PROVES anything. This is a common misusage/misconception.
  1. If you wish to believe in the Big Bang Theory or other creation theories that don't rely on a devine being, explain to me where the very first object in the universe came from. They say the Big Bang started from a very small amount of elements that began moving extremely rapidly in a dense state. Well, what about where those elements came from? They had to come from somewhere, correct? Just a little philosophical conundrum.

Enjoy :)

Around the Network

I will simply say that the Bible has given me explanations about things in the universe that science hasn't. I totally believe in science, the big bang theory, evolution, etc. There's no reason why I can't believe that God created the universe through the big bang. Also, the Bible tells me that Homo sapiens are just over 6,000 years old and science shows me fossils of dinosaurs and homo erectus and bla bla.
Then the Bible tells me that God created the world in the beginning. Jump a couple millenia forward and 'the earth was without form and void', meaning the earth was existing but destroyed(probably when Lucifer fell). Then science tells me there's a HUGE gap of a couple millenia between the fossils and homo sapiens. No fossils of creatures existing for a long time period inbetween. Then God creates man and tells him to 'be fruitful, multiply and REPLENISH the earth', meaning to fill it up AGAIN.
I just used this as a small example of how I get a fuller picture believing in both. Besides, when you've EXPERIENCED the supernatural, you will have to doubt your own existence before you doubt the existence of God.
You know, where I live, juju(or voodoo as you would call it) is still used by witches and babalawos(read wizards) so much that even an atheist living here would believe in spirits, even if he doesn't believe in God. Just recently, my younger brother was spelled into following a stranger a couple of kilometers away from our estate and to cut the long story short, we had to spend about N100,000($625) to get him back. We got lucky though.
I just gave little examples, I can give more examples of how my faith gives me a fuller picture of life, or of the juju I've encountered, or of my relationship with my God, but from my past experience, I've learnt that when guys like you start a thread like this, anything I say that they can't explain away, they would just conclude that I'm lying.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

tolu619 said:
I will simply say that the Bible has given me explanations about things in the universe that science hasn't. I totally believe in science, the big bang theory, evolution, etc. There's no reason why I can't believe that God created the universe through the big bang. Also, the Bible tells me that Homo sapiens are just over 6,000 years old and science shows me fossils of dinosaurs and homo erectus and bla bla.
Then the Bible tells me that God created the world in the beginning. Jump a couple millenia forward and 'the earth was without form and void', meaning the earth was existing but destroyed(probably when Lucifer fell). Then science tells me there's a HUGE gap of a couple millenia between the fossils and homo sapiens. No fossils of creatures existing for a long time period inbetween. Then God creates man and tells him to 'be fruitful, multiply and REPLENISH the earth', meaning to fill it up AGAIN.
I just used this as a small example of how I get a fuller picture believing in both. Besides, when you've EXPERIENCED the supernatural, you will have to doubt your own existence before you doubt the existence of God.
You know, where I live, juju(or voodoo as you would call it) is still used by witches and babalawos(read wizards) so much that even an atheist living here would believe in spirits, even if he doesn't believe in God. Just recently, my younger brother was spelled into following a stranger a couple of kilometers away from our estate and to cut the long story short, we had to spend about N100,000($625) to get him back. We got lucky though.
I just gave little examples, I can give more examples of how my faith gives me a fuller picture of life, or of the juju I've encountered, or of my relationship with my God, but from my past experience, I've learnt that when guys like you start a thread like this, anything I say that they can't explain away, they would just conclude that I'm lying.

Mankind is much older then 6000 years old.. you are cracking me up xD

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Runa216 said:
I assure you, this is not for flaming or inciting a riot, but I do personally feel that religion should be held to the same standards that science and all other aspects of culture should, I have had some enlightening conversations in the past as far as philosophy and religion are concerned, and I'm curious to see if anyone can match that brilliance.

If you think this thread will devolve into a flame war, or that it's just meant to bait people into a fight, then perhaps that's more of a statement about the maturity of the forum users than me.

So let's get philisophical! Ideally we should get some proofs up here, but philosophy is a good start.

What kinds of standards are you saying science is held too and how can you seperate science from religion as to my knowledge Sceince does not disprove the existance of God. Science and faith are totally seperate things, scientific theories are great and scientific studies prove or disprove certain theories. However science is always evolving, its funny that in this day and age everybody always quotes something as scientific but every few generations new theories are brought into existance and old ones are disproven. Even some of the theories we know to be true weren't in their entirety when created it took hundreds of years to perfect them.

As such what science are you talking about? Evolution? Their are two major theories of evolution one proven factual one not. Plus their are about a half dozen other evolution based theories. However no evolution theories can prove or disprove the existance of God.

Are you talking Abiogenesis because again its an interesting theory and the science has some teeth to it. However again it cannot disprove the existance of God. Also the study of abiogenesis is still early in its life and many theories relating to it get proven right or wrong all the time. Its an evolving science.

Woah easy there buddy. I may get in many heated debates but I never call the users immature. Your one of the writers such statements are very harmful to the site. I wouldn't say Christian or Athiest users are immature when these things break out, they are highly opinionated and they are not willing to change their opinions. It seems Athiests are extremely hostile against Christian's and other religious groups, but I wouldn't say that they are all immature.

The way you phrase these questions is key, you seperate science from faith and pit them against one another. A flame and troll action right their as you already know science doesn't disprove the existance of God. You also know their are tons of Christian and God believing scientists out their and dozens of theories that are based in faith but are also grounded in science.

Again we can't get that philosophical because I am very sure you already know the philosphies in and out. I am not convinced that this thread is anything more then flame bait due to your response and OP. You may have had some very good conversations in the past with users thats cool but the threads were probably not worded in the way you worded this thread , also I doubt they had a title such as the one you gave that would draw in hostile posts.

Also again if you wanted to get philosophical and educated you should not have limited the conversation by putting caviates in what could be said. Obviously nobody here or anywhere can prove God exists or doesn't exist, we can give reasons we believe he exists but we can't prove anything. So telling us we can't give you the educated answer and how should I say this rigging the thread against those who believe in God is just wrong.

Again I suggest you have this thread taken down before things get out of hand!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

nightsurge said:

I will ignore the slightly insulting OP's usage of "archaic" and other words that imply belief in a religion to be silly, old fashioned, or otherwise odd.

2. If you wish to believe in the Big Bang Theory or other creation theories that don't rely on a devine being, explain to me where the very first object in the universe came from. They say the Big Bang started from a very small amount of elements that began moving extremely rapidly in a dense state. Well, what about where those elements came from? They had to come from somewhere, correct? Just a little philosophical conundrum.

Your right there is no explanation for that yet at the moment...

THE LAST THING HOWEVER, that would make me do... is believe in an invisible man living in the sky.

If your religious that is fine with me.. but don't sweet talk about how great it is to be religious..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

You're a strict atheist and I've seen all of your posts regarding religion and quite frankly, I find it hilarious that you're claiming that this isn't a "troll thread". As Joecool said, you and everyone else know that it is not possible to prove NOR disprove the existence of God, so posting a thread where no one can give you any "proof" is pointless and is honestly a flame bait thread. And by you saying that it's an inadequate response by saying that "you can't prove God exists, it isn't fair" clearly shows your bias and weakens your position. You're smart enough to know that you can't have a conclusive nor fair discussion when there is absolutely no proof from either side.

gamelover2000 said:
tolu619 said:

Mankind is much older then 6000 years old.. you are cracking me up xD

gamelover, you just experienced reading comprehension fail...

"This is NOT a troll thread" + "Prove god exists" = fail of biblical proportions

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

gamelover2000 said:
nightsurge said:

2. If you wish to believe in the Big Bang Theory or other creation theories that don't rely on a devine being, explain to me where the very first object in the universe came from. They say the Big Bang started from a very small amount of elements that began moving extremely rapidly in a dense state. Well, what about where those elements came from? They had to come from somewhere, correct? Just a little philosophical conundrum.

Your right there is no explanation for that yet at the moment...

THE LAST THING HOWEVER, that would make me do... is believe in an invisible man living in the sky.

If your religious that is fine with me.. but don't sweet talk about how great it is to be religious..

Where did I try to sweet talk it at all? I merely posed a question for logical debate. One which you admit has no answer, just like the question in the OP has no direct answer.

Please stop trying to read into this too far and pushing your anti-religious views. I am not pushing any of my views and have not even stated what mine are, so your response seems odd.

While we're at it, can some prove if Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy exist?

Oh wait, they're constructs of human imagination. Much like the G man.

Pixel Art can be fun.