By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2008 the year of the PS3 or Xbox?

RolStoppable said:
HappySqurriel said:
windbane said:
Legend11 said:

I think the problem is that the Wii is likely to only have 5-6 great games for the entire year while the PS3 and 360 are likely to have 25-30. Its basically the same thing we've seen year after year, a Nintendo console that gets a few good games and then everyone has to do the "Nintendo wait" for the next good game (anywhere from 2-4 months, sometimes longer).

P.S. I suspect the thread starter started this thread as flame bait to try to start something with the fallout being that it will get some 360 and/or PS3 fanboys banned.

Yeah, that's about I expect from my Wii. It's the same as N64 and Gamecube except more people want it.

From the end of fiscal 2007 (March 31st 2007) many/most third party developers have been talking big about providing more and better support for the Wii, which we really stated to see in quantity in the second half of 2008 (quality will take time), and you expect the Wii to have only a couple of good games? There are as may significant third party games being released before March 31st 2008 as you and Legend11 are expecting from all developers in 2008; your expectations will be wrong on an amazing scale ...

Fixed your typo.

There wasn't a typo ...

A couple of months ago (about August) there was more third party releases before January 1st 2008 on the Wii than there was on the XBox 360 or PS3; the list was heavily padded with shovelware but was a larger list of third party games than the Gamecube recieved in any year of its life. The number of third party games being released for the Wii is fairly good, the quality needs to improve though.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
HappySqurriel said:
RolStoppable said:
HappySqurriel said:

From the end of fiscal 2007 (March 31st 2007) many/most third party developers have been talking big about providing more and better support for the Wii, which we really stated to see in quantity in the second half of 2008 (quality will take time), and you expect the Wii to have only a couple of good games? There are as may significant third party games being released before March 31st 2008 as you and Legend11 are expecting from all developers in 2008; your expectations will be wrong on an amazing scale ...

Fixed your typo.

There wasn't a typo ...

A couple of months ago (about August) there was more third party releases before January 1st 2008 on the Wii than there was on the XBox 360 or PS3; the list was heavily padded with shovelware but was a larger list of third party games than the Gamecube recieved in any year of its life. The number of third party games being released for the Wii is fairly good, the quality needs to improve though.

Okay, if that wasn't a typo, then I guess you meant "started" instead of "stated". Right?

Or maybe it's just me having trouble reading this sentence.

oops ... yes started ... my bad

Totally Agree with you (the forum starter)
PS3 is gonna have GT 5 out and GTA 4

2008 year of fanboys saying their system won because each system has their strengths....so a repeat of 2007...WOOO

Damstr8 said:
2008 year of fanboys saying their system won because each system has their strengths....so a repeat of 2007...WOOO

you win

heres a cookie

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

i think HOME is the dark horse. People could buy a PS3 just because of thier friends are talking HOME. Or HOME just unless.

for 2007, PS3 software sale sucks compare to wii and 360. Hardware sale is almost same as 360.

you know the very first thought in my mind when i read this thread was a very bad shill.

I personally think that it will be neither. Wii will continue to dominate, with several big games (SSBB, Mario Kart Wii), and many 3rd party developers will announce titles for the Wii. The battle for second will be close. 360 will dominate America, PS3 will easily take Japan, and Europe will be split. I predict the PS3 by a nose, though it could go either way.

eileithyia said:
i think HOME is the dark horse. People could buy a PS3 just because of thier friends are talking HOME. Or HOME just unless.

for 2007, PS3 software sale sucks compare to wii and 360. Hardware sale is almost same as 360.

Home is a service which is (in my opinion) heavily limited in appeal ... Similar services are entirely free and run on very limited PC hardware (typically only requiring a web-browser and plug-in). Services of this type only catch on when most/all of your friends choose to use them, and my friends who are not big into gaming or gadgets will continue to use MSN, Google Talk or Face-Book as their primarly communication methods.

Home will be praised by PS3 owners, but will have a similar effect on sales that the Wii's Photo Channel does ...

I can't wait for E3. I know what Sony has up their sleeves but I still don’t really know what Nintendo and Microsoft have. I’m actually worried about Nintendo’s line up the most since they already released their most hardcore franchises (Mario galaxy, Zelda, Metroid). Sure Mario kart and SSBB will come out within the next few months but what about after that?