By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - You are forced to change your religious beliefs - pick a new religion

What religion would you choose if you had to change?

Atheist/Agnostic/Pastafarian/Jedi 39 20.31%

Christianity 15 7.81%

Islam 25 13.02%

Judaism 8 4.17%

Hinduism 5 2.60%

Buddhism 66 34.38%

Scientology 1 0.52%

Wicca 6 3.13%

Norse 6 3.13%

Roman/Greek 21 10.94%

Total:192
forest-spirit said:
Buddhism, easily. It's the only "religion" that I really don't have any problems with.
It concentrates more on the individual and the individual's way towards a happier and more peaceful life.

Exactly this.

Around the Network

I would have put Judaism, but felt that was cheating since its a precursor to Christianity.

I picked Buddhism because its the least offensive. Certainly don't believe what they are, but at least their lifestyle is generally admirable.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

ProdigyBam said:
I would choose Judaism as it has lots of similarities with Christianity.
People saying Islam is almost the same as Christianity clearly didnt read the Quran.. :/

this

i voted greek roman, but Scientology is looking increasingly interesting.

Currently an atheist. Catholic school for my entire life has tought me that monotheistic religions are definately not the way to go. I looked into Buddhism several times over the years for school projects and ect. and the more I learn about it the less I like it.

I would go for Greek/Roman. It is one of the more exotic choices, and I like the idea of gods that more akin to human with flaws as well as goals  ... makes for much more interesting mythology. Plus, I would appear more cultured assuming that I was devout and I knew all of the myths inside and out.

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i voted greek roman, but Scientology is looking increasingly interesting.

Yah dude it'll get you Katy Holmes. Can't go wrong there.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

spurgeonryan said:
I think I would choose Wicca. I am christian myself, but I get so tired of all the top major lets say 10 religions always being mad at each other and fighting or just being horrible to people on this planet. You never hear about Wiccans hurting anyone, or anything else. Unless you believe everything you see on tv. I just wish Religion (Athiest as well) and religion in general could just smoke some......and chilll out! As of right now you are destroying the world it seems! And all the volunteering, missionaries, and money you throw at those problems will not help as we have seen for the past 5 thousand plus years!

Being a Wiccan myself, I can vouch for the not hurting anyone part. Our religion is based on the Wicca Rede code, in which we believe that every action that you do will come back to you threefold and our major motto is "Hurt no one, do what ye will". 

Basically we just try to leave peacefully within our own community and with everyone from every religion and we accept anyone for what they believe.

If I had to change religion, I would go Buddhist myself, as it's closer to the Wiccan ideologies.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

pastafarian

http://www.venganza.org/

I don't know what category I would even fall into. I believe in a god/gods but not one created by man. Though if I had to pick any it would be Norse.

spurgeonryan said:
lestatdark said:
spurgeonryan said:
I think I would choose Wicca. I am christian myself, but I get so tired of all the top major lets say 10 religions always being mad at each other and fighting or just being horrible to people on this planet. You never hear about Wiccans hurting anyone, or anything else. Unless you believe everything you see on tv. I just wish Religion (Athiest as well) and religion in general could just smoke some......and chilll out! As of right now you are destroying the world it seems! And all the volunteering, missionaries, and money you throw at those problems will not help as we have seen for the past 5 thousand plus years!

Being a Wiccan myself, I can vouch for the not hurting anyone part. Our religion is based on the Wicca Rede code, in which we believe that every action that you do will come back to you threefold and our major motto is "Hurt no one, do what ye will". 

Basically we just try to leave peacefully within our own community and with everyone from every religion and we accept anyone for what they believe.

If I had to change religion, I would go Buddhist myself, as it's closer to the Wiccan ideologies.

Excellent! I was hoping that I was not totally off, since I have hardly any knowlege of your religion other than what you just told me and little things here and there pulled out of movies and tv shows. Of course I am sure most of that is just over the top sometimes.

Most of it is based on stereotypical portraits of witchcraft that date from centuries ago. The Crucible is a good example of that, as it focus (although it was throughly well portrayed) in the hysterical depiction of the "witch-hunts" of Salem, with stereotypes that were the most common for that age (17th century).

A very few movies get Wicca right, though to a limited degree, like The Craft and Practical Magic (this one is more know, it stars Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman), although they focus too much on the eccentric side of Wicca, when most Wicca practioners are actually just your average person. 

If you're ever interested in knowing more, there are some indie movies that depict the actual reality of Wicca, such as Drawing Down the Moon (not based on the book with the same name), since it focus on the real interactions between the members of our religion and our daily life as well.  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"