By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - You are forced to change your religious beliefs - pick a new religion

What religion would you choose if you had to change?

Atheist/Agnostic/Pastafarian/Jedi 39 20.31%

Christianity 15 7.81%

Islam 25 13.02%

Judaism 8 4.17%

Hinduism 5 2.60%

Buddhism 66 34.38%

Scientology 1 0.52%

Wicca 6 3.13%

Norse 6 3.13%

Roman/Greek 21 10.94%

Total:192

See thread title. What is your new religion?

Around the Network

Buddhism

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
Buddhism

This. Currently I'm an atheist.

It's one of the most lax religions, and it's kind of a philosophy really. A huge majority of buddhists don't even have strong religious beliefs. Converts to Buddhism are the ones that take it most seriously.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Seeing how "Atheist/Agnostic/Pastafarian/Jedi" is an option, I don't really not what to answer. That's because I'm not sure what I believe in right now. It's somewhere between "Christianity" and "Atheist/Agnostic/Pastafarian/Jedi".

But if we talk purely about religions, Buddhism is probably the way to go.

Buddhism it is probably the least destructive on the list.

Around the Network

As an atheist I have no religion. If I was forced to be subservient to a theology I wouldn't have a choice. So it'd be the religion of whoever was forcing me to change.

Probably some aspect of Hinduism or Buddhism if I had a choice because certain philosophical versions of those religions aren't as incompatible with my lack of faith then monotheism is for example.

It depends really on what kind of "forced to change your beliefs" situation it is.

Is it a situation that forcibly changes reality or one that simply removes an option.

If the first... Bahá'í Islam probably... or some sort of Judaism.

Buddism is great and all, and a great thing to model your life over... reincarnation is not a very preferable afteralife if you ask me.

If the second Agnostic.  Religion isn't something that you change based on choice.

Jedi is a religion?
Sign me up!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

I would die before being forced to change my religion.

However if I was not Christian I would likely be Buddhist or Agnostic.

If I did not have devine faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I would not have faith in any God. I would continue to use science as a major factor in my beliefs and as such their is no other God I believe can't be scientifically disproven. At least none I'd believe in. However I would still believe a God could exist. Logically it would be utter foolishness to completely right off the existance of a God, and if I lacked faith and belief in Jesus I would probably also lack faith a God for sure existed. Meaning I would be agnostic not believing that I know for certain whether God exists or does not exist.

Also I admire many of the teachings of Buddha and many Buddhist leaders. Not the idol worshiping buddhist sects. But going by the teachings of how to treat others, karma and such. Since I believe in treated everyone with dignity respect and love buddhism would be my choice of belief if I did not believe in Jesus.

Why wouldn't I believe in Judiasm or Islam? Simple because if I didn't believe in Jesus chances are I wouldn't believe in the God of Abraham as I see the two as one and the same. As such I wouldn't believe in the Torrah or old testiment. Also Islam would share the same fate as I wouldn't believe in the God of Abraham. But I also disagree with the Hadiths or what ever they are called and I disagree with the treatment of infidels and in some cases women in the Islamic faith whether in the Quran or Islamic Community and culture.

But as I stressed earlier. Nobody could force me to change my religious beliefs. You could torture me, and gun me down but I don't believe I would ever genuinely give up my faith and belief in Christ. Even if after torture and threat of death I denied Christ (God forbid) I would still in my heart and with my whole soul still believe.

I think your poll lacks this option. It asks if you were forced, it should rather ask if you didn't believe in your religion which other faith would you align yourself with! Because I'm guessing many religious people and even athiests couldn't be forced to change their religion, most of us would die sooner then change our religious beliefs!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I'd join the Maradonian Church.