By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 4: Future-proofing the series?

Didnt Polyphony Digital state that the HD cars in the game have 2 versions. One for the races and one for Photo Mode, which was of a much higher polygon count than those of the racing versions. And that those would be used for the next generation of GT games? And than all they would have to do is continue on making more HD cars in the same fashion for future games.

I also dont understand how F3 beat GT5 but oh well

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
Didnt Polyphony Digital state that the HD cars in the game have 2 versions. One for the races and one for Photo Mode, which was of a much higher polygon count than those of the racing versions. And that those would be used for the next generation of GT games? And than all they would have to do is continue on making more HD cars in the same fashion for future games.

Only 200 cars. The rest is nearly copy pasted from GT4. T10 have for all cars in the game (over 500) high poly models and the ones you see in garage have much more polys than premium cars in GT5.

And Autovista models are the ones of ultimate quality.

donsterydo2 said:
Vetteman94 said:

Only 200 cars. The rest is nearly copy pasted from GT4. T10 have for all cars in the game (over 500) high poly models and the ones you see in garage have much more polys that premium cars in GT5.

Link?   

Anyway I know there are only 200 cars,  but its not like they couldnt make more,  thats what they could be doing right now.  Are you saying that PD is incapable of expanding the list of HD cars?

donsterydo2 said:
Vetteman94 said:

Only 200 cars. The rest is nearly copy pasted from GT4. T10 have for all cars in the game (over 500) high poly models and the ones you see in garage have much more polys than premium cars in GT5.

Hhahaha nice one, any proof? No. Nothing goes higher than what you see in GT5's Photo Mode.

4k1x3r said:
donsterydo2 said:
Vetteman94 said:

Hhahaha nice one, any proof? No. Nothing goes higher than what you see in GT5's Photo Mode.

Real life called, and it disagrees with you.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
4k1x3r said:
donsterydo2 said:
Vetteman94 said:

And you think you're funny by answering that? We're talking about racing sim/racing games, so stick to that case. Ty...

4k1x3r said:
Darc Requiem said:
4k1x3r said:
donsterydo2 said:
Vetteman94 said:

And you think you're funny by answering that? We're talking about racing sim/racing games, so stick to that case. Ty...

Actually what you should have said is that "Nothing yet goes higher than what you see in GT5's photo mode"

gran turismo is no longer competition for forza in terms of quality

forza is rated higher than gt by nearly all review metrics

forza (the student) had learned from the master (gran turismo) and soundly defeated it

PizzaFaceGamer said:
gran turismo is no longer competition for forza in terms of quality

forza is rated higher than gt by nearly all review metrics

forza (the student) had learned from the master (gran turismo) and soundly defeated it

I think you should actually read Gran Turismo 5's reviews, instead of simply looking at the scores.

i dont see how will forza 4 be better than gt5 , gt5 will still have more content than forza 4

anyway i like driving the redbull x2010 in nurburgring