By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Might “Not Have A Choice” But to Remake Halo 2 in HD

It *is* inevitable if Halo:CE remake sells well. It's like walking away from a free pile of cash sitting next to you.

All they have to do is spiff up the graphics and sound for the single player, and have the maps work with Halo 4 or Halo 5 similiar to what htey are doing with the CE remake.

Course it would be nice if the remake had It's own multiplayer.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
ImJustBayuum said:
mantlepiecek said:
ImJustBayuum said:
mantlepiecek said:

God of War 1 and 2 are last gen games.

God of War HD collection and God of War origins are for $40. Hardly milking.

God of War 3 is the only God of War that was made this gen.

Three uncharteds and resistances, if that's milking they aren't trying hard enough.

But Halos? 4 Halos already released this gen, all $60(except CE costs $40). Another's releasing this year. That's $280 for 5 games whereas God of War is $140 for three collections/games.

A $140 worth of more milking.

So there is a "milking benchmark" now..lol..any franchise with over 3 games this gen AND collectively sell more than $140 is a MILKED FRANCHISE.haha

Of course not. But if you are going to compare might as well do a fair comparison.

I think the reason GOW was brought up in the first place was to show that Sony also milks its franchises (in fact all 3 of them do), to say otherwise is pure denial. What you tried to do with your "fair comparison" was trying to show that Halo is more milked than GOW not that GOW is not milked by Sony.

Everything can be considered as milking. There have been three forzas this gen, one releasing this year. If Uncharted is milking then so is forza but I don't agree.

Sony does milk some of its franchises, I think its called singstar or something. And then there's MLB the show as well. But God of War is obviously not milked as much as Halo in fact its not comparable.

A remake bundle of Halo 1, 2 and 3 would be pretty sweet for $50, I've played them all and I own the first two, but I haven't been able to finish any of them and a 3 in 1 bundle would probably push me into playing them all again. Reach was a real turn around for me, I went from really disliking Halo to becoming a fan just with one new game, I even watched the whole Halo: Legends Blu-Ray (which I highly recommend to fans of the series).

I'd also like to note that Sony can release a hundred remakes a week and it wouldn't matter because they also publish a whole bunch of new games at the same time. If Infamous 2, Motostorm: Whatever, Little Big Planet 2 , Killzone 3 and a bunch of other games didn't release this year, then I'm sure people would be complaining about the constant release of remakes.

If the question was if Microsoft needed to release more new games, then the answer would be yes, but I doubt these remakes take much of their development time, so the argument shouldn't be going on in this thread.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

mantlepiecek said:
ImJustBayuum said:
mantlepiecek said:
ImJustBayuum said:
mantlepiecek said:

God of War 1 and 2 are last gen games.

God of War HD collection and God of War origins are for $40. Hardly milking.

God of War 3 is the only God of War that was made this gen.

Three uncharteds and resistances, if that's milking they aren't trying hard enough.

But Halos? 4 Halos already released this gen, all $60(except CE costs $40). Another's releasing this year. That's $280 for 5 games whereas God of War is $140 for three collections/games.

A $140 worth of more milking.

So there is a "milking benchmark" now..lol..any franchise with over 3 games this gen AND collectively sell more than $140 is a MILKED FRANCHISE.haha

Of course not. But if you are going to compare might as well do a fair comparison.

I think the reason GOW was brought up in the first place was to show that Sony also milks its franchises (in fact all 3 of them do), to say otherwise is pure denial. What you tried to do with your "fair comparison" was trying to show that Halo is more milked than GOW not that GOW is not milked by Sony.

Everything can be considered as milking. There have been three forzas this gen, one releasing this year. If Uncharted is milking then so is forza but I don't agree.

Sony does milk some of its franchises, I think its called singstar or something. And then there's MLB the show as well. But God of War is obviously not milked as much as Halo in fact its not comparable.

There you go, Sony is also guilty of milking their other franchises. Why halo 2 remake is being isolated in this thread is hillarious.

Milking aside, at the end of the day, the consumers vote with their wallet, and that decision is determined primarily by value or perceived value of the product.

ImJustBayuum said:
mantlepiecek said:

There you go, Sony is also guilty of milking their other franchises. Why halo 2 remake is being isolated in this thread is hillarious.

Milking aside, at the end of the day, the consumers vote with their wallet, and that decision is determined primarily by value or perceived value of the product.

I was just defending God of War that is all.

And halo 2 remake is being isolated because its halo 2 thread lol.

Around the Network

Most of the people that complain about the milking don't even play Halo. So why do you give a shit what MS does with their franchise???? MS can milk the shit out of Halo as long as they continue to release quality games like they have. Why do you think Nintendo has continue to make Zelda, Pokemon, and Mario games? Because they are quality and people will buy them. Same is with Halo and I will continue to buy EVERY single Halo game they release as long as it doesn't go into Sonic's direction.

To the people comparing COD to Halo need to shut up already. Please do not ever compare Halo to call of duty when it comes to milking because it's not even on the same level of milking as COD. Halo will always have that two thing that makes it's self a longer lasting franchise and that's quality and the developers of Halo actually listen to their fans. 

Rant over/

ShadowSoldier said:
smroadkill15 said:
Wow people are giving MS a hard time for doing a single remake and maybe hinting at a second? This is the first remake MS has ever done for a game besides some XBLA's. How many times have Sony and Nintendo especially Nintendo have done remakes before?

Are you talking about the HD ports? You realize the majority of PS3 owners can't play PS2 games, so HD ports of said game are welcomed.

Now that's what I call milking. Removing backwards compatibility so that they can sell you those games again. 360 owners can still play Halo 1 & 2 if they want.

At least the Halo remake will have upgraded graphics, and offer maps for Reach instead of just uppping the resolution and calling it a day.

selnor said:
dahuman said:
well, it's easy cash for them I guess

Halo Anniversary has taken a team of 150 people 18 months. It has had more work go into it than most of the new unseen titles around today. 

Hardly easy cash.

This is a proper remake not a HD collection cash in like all the other companies. And its very much wanted by millions of people.

I thought we are talking about Halo2?

Seece said:
brendude13 said:
Spedfrom said:
The very definition of milking a legion of willing and desiring sheep.

LOL!

You couldn't have put it in a harsher or funnier way.

'Tis true though.

Except it's false, Halo fans will only buy what they want to buy as seen from Halo Wars and ODST. Quite how peopel buying what they like makes them sheep is beyond me. But to be honest I expect nothing less from you two.

Yes, because I have quite the reputation of a Halo hater >_>. While I admit I am not the biggest fan of Halo, I don't let it cloud my judgement of whether the series is being milked or not.

...Anyway, Halo 3's little tagline was "finish the fight", and I believe that the story was wrapped up very nicely. For them to announce 3 new main series games and possibly 2 remakes in one year is nothing short of ridiculous, I wouldn't be surprised if Halo games are going to be release anually from now on.

And as for his "legion of willing and desirable sheep" comment, it's true. There are many obsessive Halo fans, far more than any other game I know. A large percentage of Halo fans haven't even hit the age of 10 either, the game has a huge following amongst kids. Kids and fanboys, the easiest two groups to milk money from.

Let me draw your attention to this quote from Microsoft's E3 conference, "the dawn of a new Trilogy for XBOX 360".

That means:

Halo 1, Halo 2 (possibly), Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 5, Halo 6, Halo 3:ODST, Halo Wars, Halo Reach

8 confirmed Halo games in one generation, only one of which can be passed off as a "spin-off". If that isn't milking then I don't know what is.

brendude13 said:
Seece said:
brendude13 said:
Spedfrom said:
The very definition of milking a legion of willing and desiring sheep.

LOL!

You couldn't have put it in a harsher or funnier way.

'Tis true though.

Except it's false, Halo fans will only buy what they want to buy as seen from Halo Wars and ODST. Quite how peopel buying what they like makes them sheep is beyond me. But to be honest I expect nothing less from you two.

Yes, because I have quite the reputation of a Halo hater >_>. While I admit I am not the biggest fan of Halo, I don't let it cloud my judgement of whether the series is being milked or not.

...Anyway, Halo 3's little tagline was "finish the fight", and I believe that the story was wrapped up very nicely. For them to announce 3 new main series games and possibly 2 remakes in one year is nothing short of ridiculous, I wouldn't be surprised if Halo games are going to be release anually from now on.

And as for his "legion of willing and desirable sheep" comment, it's true. There are many obsessive Halo fans, far more than any other game I know. A large percentage of Halo fans haven't even hit the age of 10 either, the game has a huge following amongst kids. Kids and fanboys, the easiest two groups to milk money from.

Let me draw your attention to this quote from Microsoft's E3 conference, "the dawn of a new Trilogy for XBOX 360".

That means:

Halo 1, Halo 2 (possibly), Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 5, Halo 6, Halo 3:ODST, Halo Wars, Halo Reach

8 confirmed Halo games in one generation, only one of which can be passed off as a "spin-off". If that isn't milking then I don't know what is.

Facts? Where do you get your facts from? A lot of haters like to say the Halo community is filled with kids when they have no evidence to support it. To be honest you’re just pulling it out of your ass, only a hater would make up false facts to support their fanboyish rant. If you think Halo fans are the most obsessive fans either you live under a rock, or you’re just full of it, final fantasy 13 ring any bells?

As for "finish the fight" yes that story arc is over. The whole covenant human war is over. 343i said your fighting a new threat.

And no there is not 8 halo games confirmed for this generation. 343i said they will work on this trilogy for the next 10 years. Unless the 360 will have a life span of 16 years than you would be correct but it won’t. There rumours that it will be a new Xbox in 2013, meaning that Halo 4 is going to be the last Halo game for the 360. Meaning that will be 4 main halo games this gen, two side stories and one remake.

Why Halo gets so much crap for "milking" i don’t know, it usually has to do how butthurt people are about the franchises existence or how much they suck at the game with their 0.75 k/d spread.