By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Might “Not Have A Choice” But to Remake Halo 2 in HD

Darc Requiem said:
ShadowSoldier said:
smroadkill15 said:
Wow people are giving MS a hard time for doing a single remake and maybe hinting at a second? This is the first remake MS has ever done for a game besides some XBLA's. How many times have Sony and Nintendo especially Nintendo have done remakes before?

Are you talking about the HD ports? You realize the majority of PS3 owners can't play PS2 games, so HD ports of said game are welcomed.

They wouldn't be necessary if Sony didn't remove BC from the PS3 in the first place.

This is true.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
mantlepiecek said:
PullusPardus said:
mantlepiecek said:
PullusPardus said:

Whoever saying this is milked, Bitch please

What do you guys call God Of War?  how many God Of War games released ? , 1 , 2 , 3,  HD Collection , Chains of Olympus , Ghost Of Sparta , Origins, and one Phone game, all of them in a matter of a couple of Years, and those games don't need remakes at all, they're still some of the best looking games on PS2/PSP and are still better looking then a lot of games released nowadays.

and hey lets not mention Uncharted or Resistance, again , Bitch Please!

God of War 1 and 2 are last gen games.

God of War HD collection and God of War origins are for $40. Hardly milking.

God of War 3 is the only God of War that was made this gen.

Three uncharteds and resistances, if that's milking they aren't trying hard enough.

But Halos? 4 Halos already released this gen, all $60(except CE costs $40). Another's releasing this year. That's $280 for 5 games whereas God of War is $140 for three collections/games.

A $140 worth of more milking.

Halo 1 and Halo 2 are last gen games.

Price doesn't matter.

Four Uncharted now, with one on the Vita, 5 Resistance games , Retribution and one is on the vita

Price doesn't matter.

Halo 1 and 2 are last gen games remastered this gen, right?

If you are only including this gen games then the only God of War game released is God of War 3. LOL

And price does matter, milking is done to make more profits, that's why its called milking.

Vita isn't even released yet. What's the release date for Vita's Uncharted?

What's the release date for Vita's resistance?

While we are talking about Vita, what's the platform's release date again? Outside of japan of course.

Not to mention they are on a different platform.

You = grasping at straws.

This is pathetic.

It isnt milking when the consumer is getting something they have asked for (how can it be) or buy into it a big way.

Milking is when you release something on the cheap as an alternative to a better way of delivery and the consumer is forced to go this route... oh... I dunno know... like sub par HD remakes instead of BC or full remakes.  e.g.  FFVII as a HD 'port' is milking, FFVII as a full HD reworking isnt.

PS. If you want to look at a current series for an example of milking.... Metal Gear.  In double figures for this gen soon.

By that definition even Call of duty is not milking. Tons of bugs, glitches, lag problems and it always seems to be what the consumer wants.

And if that's the case then nothing is milking. Milking is overusage of a franchise, like Halo. It can be done only when the consumer wants it. When the consumer no longer wants it, it goes the way of Guitar Hero.

How's metal gear milked? Unless you are talking about the collection? There have been two games from what I know. I don't know much about the collection so you maybe right.

kowenicki said:
mantlepiecek said:
kowenicki said:
mantlepiecek said:
PullusPardus said:
mantlepiecek said:
PullusPardus said:

What do you guys call God Of War?  how many God Of War games released ? , 1 , 2 , 3,  HD Collection , Chains of Olympus , Ghost Of Sparta , Origins, and one Phone game, all of them in a matter of a couple of Years, and those games don't need remakes at all, they're still some of the best looking games on PS2/PSP and are still better looking then a lot of games released nowadays.

Three uncharteds and resistances, if that's milking they aren't trying hard enough.

But Halos? 4 Halos already released this gen, all $60(except CE costs $40). Another's releasing this year. That's $280 for 5 games whereas God of War is $140 for three collections/games.

Price doesn't matter.

Four Uncharted now, with one on the Vita, 5 Resistance games , Retribution and one is on the vita

Price doesn't matter.

If you are only including this gen games then the only God of War game released is God of War 3. LOL

And price does matter, milking is done to make more profits, that's why its called milking.

While we are talking about Vita, what's the platform's release date again? Outside of japan of course.

This is pathetic.

It isnt milking when the consumer is getting something they have asked for (how can it be) or buy into it a big way.

Milking is when you release something on the cheap as an alternative to a better way of delivery and the consumer is forced to go this route... oh... I dunno know... like sub par HD remakes instead of BC or full remakes.  e.g.  FFVII as a HD 'port' is milking, FFVII as a full HD reworking isnt.

PS. If you want to look at a current series for an example of milking.... Metal Gear.  In double figures for this gen soon.

By that definition even Call of duty is not milking. Tons of bugs, glitches, lag problems and it always seems to be what the consumer wants.

And if that's the case then nothing is milking. Milking is overusage of a franchise, like Halo. It can be done only when the consumer wants it. When the consumer no longer wants it, it goes the way of Guitar Hero.

How's metal gear milked? Unless you are talking about the collection? There have been two games from what I know. I don't know much about the collection so you maybe right.

When you say Halo is milked and Metal Gear isnt... it kinda negates your argument and shows you for what you are. 

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=metal+gear&keyword=&console=®ion=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Release

If we include Rising, which we must, then Metal Gear will have had release by the

Actually I said I don't know if metal gear was milked lol.

When you twist what someone else says, it kinda negates your argument and shows you for what you are.

worldlyfall said:
brendude13 said:

Yes, because I have quite the reputation of a Halo hater >_>. While I admit I am not the biggest fan of Halo, I don't let it cloud my judgement of whether the series is being milked or not.

...Anyway, Halo 3's little tagline was "finish the fight", and I believe that the story was wrapped up very nicely. For them to announce 3 new main series games and possibly 2 remakes in one year is nothing short of ridiculous, I wouldn't be surprised if Halo games are going to be release anually from now on.

And as for his "legion of willing and desirable sheep" comment, it's true. There are many obsessive Halo fans, far more than any other game I know. A large percentage of Halo fans haven't even hit the age of 10 either, the game has a huge following amongst kids. Kids and fanboys, the easiest two groups to milk money from.

Let me draw your attention to this quote from Microsoft's E3 conference, "the dawn of a new Trilogy for XBOX 360".

That means:

Halo 1, Halo 2 (possibly), Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 5, Halo 6, Halo 3:ODST, Halo Wars, Halo Reach

8 confirmed Halo games in one generation, only one of which can be passed off as a "spin-off". If that isn't milking then I don't know what is.

Facts? Where do you get your facts from? A lot of haters like to say the Halo community is filled with kids when they have no evidence to support it. To be honest you’re just pulling it out of your ass, only a hater would make up false facts to support their fanboyish rant. If you think Halo fans are the most obsessive fans either you live under a rock, or you’re just full of it, final fantasy 13 ring any bells?

As for "finish the fight" yes that story arc is over. The whole covenant human war is over. 343i said your fighting a new threat.

And no there is not 8 halo games confirmed for this generation. 343i said they will work on this trilogy for the next 10 years. Unless the 360 will have a life span of 16 years than you would be correct but it won’t. There rumours that it will be a new Xbox in 2013, meaning that Halo 4 is going to be the last Halo game for the 360. Meaning that will be 4 main halo games this gen, two side stories and one remake.

Why Halo gets so much crap for "milking" i don’t know, it usually has to do how butthurt people are about the franchises existence or how much they suck at the game with their 0.75 k/d spread.

There are no "facts" for it, it's just something I know from personal experience, Halo has really caught on amongst kids, it's one of the only first person shooters parents will buy for their children because it isn't a raw and gritty game. I'm not using it against the game, these "kids" are far from a majority, it's just they're easy to make money from.

Final Fantasy XIII fans aren't obsessive (not in the West anyway), the haters though, that's another story.

And I used a direct quote for a reason, he specifically said a new trilogy for the XBOX 360, if the game was supposed to be on the 720 he would have just said "for XBOX". I believe he has rehearsed this and follows a script, if he wasn't supposed to say XBOX 360 then I'm sure he would have been corrected. With the rate Halo games are being pumped out now, I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 6 came out on the XBOX 360. If the games become an annual release, Halo 6 will be out in 2014, it doesn't matter if the 720 comes out in 2013 or 2014, many popular games have been released on an older console when the new generation has already started (God of War 2).

I really hope they do a remake for Halo 2 as that is the Halo game I played the most. The only one that could come close is Reach. As for the people saying Halo CE remake wasn't made because fans asked for it are crazy. It has been asked for since Halo 3 was announced.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
kowenicki said:

When you say Halo is milked and Metal Gear isnt... it kinda negates your argument and shows you for what you are. 

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=metal+gear&keyword=&console=®ion=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Release

If we include Rising, which we must, then Metal Gear will have had release by the

When you twist what someone else says, it kinda negates your argument and shows you for what you are.

Metal Gear Solid MILKED!?

There has only been one game on consoles with a second in development and apparently this is milking?

kowenicki said:
mantlepiecek said:
kowenicki said:
mantlepiecek said:
kowenicki said:
mantlepiecek said:
PullusPardus said:
mantlepiecek said:
PullusPardus said:

Price doesn't matter.

Price doesn't matter.

This is pathetic.

so you agree Metal Gear is milked now then?

From what I have seen it seems to milked a lot on the PSP. I don't have a PSP so I didn't know.

Its definitely not milked on the home consoles of this generation.

Sony is milking, Ms milking, Nintendo Milking whocares!! If theres a demand for the games why not release them?
Dont like games being Milked...Than just Shut Up...Let Us play Em and you show the companies up by not buying, simple as that!

kowenicki said:

As a franchise....  click on the link.

I actually dont believe MGS is milked.... I dont really beileve too much in the milking bull tbh (except maybe FF), I was merely making a poiint. 

Halo isnt milked... not even close.

Re-releases on PSN, VC, XBL, iPhone do not count, I only counted games that were being charged full retail.

In that case, it would be 1 released game on home consoles and 2 in development, as for handhelds which shouldn't even be bought into the equation, 4 have been released and one is in developement (the 2 AC!D games were a huge mistake, I would say those two games were for the purpose of milking). I can understand the point you were trying to make, but as a big Metal Gear fan, I took your comments seriously for a minute.

As for FF, I wouldn't say it's being milked, there are many games but they are being spread evenly over many platforms. When it comes to the main series of games they have been gradually released since the 80's, with the usual development cycle being over 2 years on average, and the time gap between each game has been getting bigger. The games are similar enough to be put under the same name, but they are different enough to justify them making 13 games, it's a tricky one really.

As for Halo, I'm sorry, but I think it is being milked. There will be at least 6 individual games being sold at a full retail price on one system, with a possible maximum of 9 (if 2 is remade and 5 and 6 do end up on the 360 like Don Mattrick said). That is just an unnaceptable amount of games, on the same level of Call of Duty, which in my opinion is more justified because of the huge difference between the WW2 games and the Modern games.

kowenicki said:
brendude13 said:

Metal Gear Solid MILKED!?

There has only been one game on consoles with a second in development and apparently this is milking?

As a franchise....  click on the link.

I actually dont believe MGS is milked.... I dont really beileve too much in the milking bull tbh (except maybe FF), I was merely making a poiint. 

Halo isnt milked... not even close.

Halo as a franchise wasn't milked last generation but that doesn't stop it from being milked this generation. Final Fantasy this generation seems to be the exact opposite of milked. The games aren't releasing fast enough.