By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does everyone hate FF8?

Squall was a bigger douche and more of an emo than Cloud....I still love FF8 though, it just didn't have the same impact as FF7 or the nostalgia factor of FF9, its sort of the black sheep of it's time.

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Around the Network

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I don't hate it, it's just super cheezy

I enjoyed the 1st disc very much in ff8, but disc 2, 3, and 4 was boredom. flashbacks to chasing after a girl all through out 3 discs is what I dislike. His attitude doesn't help much either. I'd prefer Zell was main character instead.

I can't find ways to justify his emo-ness other than the fact he was raised in an orphanage. I can justify why Cloud is the way he is by understanding what happened to him in his past while growing up as a teen, and in ff7. (not gonna spoil the story)

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

They just really hate the protagonist's shitty attitude.

Around the Network

i think because it had parts which could have been good if they were not let down by other parts of game is whats so annoying about it.

junctioning magic to your stats was a neat feature especially being able to junction the likes of'drain' to your attack, but the entire process was let down by the fact you have to draw your magic.

i absolutely loved the story but again it was let down by the whole laguna flashbacks which most of the time required you to re-junction all of your magic to your stats once you returned to playing as squall and co

It's my favorite favorite game... with deus ex.
But, I don't know I don't necessarily want to fall in love with the main character... In deus ex JC Denton is a tool. Squall is a douchebag. Main Character is not a requirenment for me to love it I guess.

Junction system was my favorite despite everyone hating it, cause I had to play cards fabricate magic, and items etc...

I enjoyed it, not as much as other FF games like IV, VI and IX, but a very good game nonetheless. I loved triple triad and I liked Laguna as a character, but nearly all other aspects of the game IMO were and are weaker than in other Final Fantasy games.

I loved the game but I also thought the story was lacking in several areas, especially when it came to Ultimecia....of course that was until I discovered the Rinoa is Ultimecia theory which redeems the story

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I love Final Fantasy VIII, besides, it gives us Eyes on Me which until now is still the best Video Game Theme song ever.

For people saying FFVIII was the worst FF, dont worry, the glory title had been taken over by FFXIII with its stupid plot, and stupid characters (I dont think FFXIV count as a mainline FF).