By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does everyone hate FF8?

hikaruchan said:
Xen said:

I've imported the Japanese version to play it without anything being able to be lost in translation, of which the internetz say there could be lots. Squall's whole character, for example. I just need to brush up my reading skills now (they suck).

I'm inclined to believe it only because THEN it makes sense. So fuck, until I play otherwise, this is it!

This is one the resins I will not play FFXIII in English the English version pals in comparison to the original Japanese Version. I all so have all FF game from FFIV-FFXII in Japanese Versions. hope will enjoy it more in Japanese   

No doubt about it; few cultural items (Masters of the Universe comes to mind) are enjoyed better translated than in their original language, however, I don't think FFVIII's problem is language related. It's narrative definetively lacks focus and coherence.

Around the Network
Xen said:
^FF XIII can not be saved in any language. That game will be a piece of crap even in Latin (which they apparently speak in heaven, or so I heard :P ).
If only mistranslation was its only problem, if only.

I understand your feelings on FFXIII.but the Translation was tenable to the point were  several characters personalities were damaged not to mention the crap that was the English version soundtrack. I as many know loved it but thats just me^^ and I do hope you like FFVIII in Japanese^^   

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku