Dr.Grass said:
vlad321 said:
snakenobi said:
vlad321 said:
snakenobi said:

can't happen

Computers can't think

consciiousness and intelligence are different

What kind of fantasy life do you live in?

the real world knowing how it works

not being naive and thinking everything is possible

Link to anything?

Because I have a bunch of sources I can pull to show you that a human brain is just a very good web of electrical signals.

And has this conjecture any proof backing it up? Anything at all? 

Show me proof.

Copy and paste us some proof then

leave it,he doesn't understand how computers work

he thinks if computers get power they automatically can think themselves

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Dr.Grass said:
What it comes down to is

input -> algorithm -> output && algorithms selectively change based on collective output.

Nothing revolutionary here people.

Honestly, we aren't that advanced.

No one is saying that it is possible right now but to flat out be in denial that one day it could happen is disturbing.

it sin't

the problem is that you don't understand how computers work

computers can't think as they don't have a mind

brain is just a bodily part like memory and a processor but what do they do is just take in the infromation and output it,they can't make sense of it.

the work is different to them then it is to you the same way a dog is colourblind so the dog sees the world different from you but to make sense of u have to have a consiousness

scientist themseklves have accepted defeat after the string theory

just go and read about how quantum mechanics work which the human brain is based upon it is just a computer but our conciousness and make sense of it.

compare silicon,molecular and quantum computers

also conciousness,m theory aka super string theory and quantum mechanics

snakenobi said:
Wagram said:
Dr.Grass said:
What it comes down to is

input -> algorithm -> output && algorithms selectively change based on collective output.

No one is saying that it is possible right now but to flat out be in denial that one day it could happen is disturbing.

it sin't

brain is just a bodily part like memory and a processor but what do they do is just take in the infromation and output it,they can't make sense of it.

the work is different to them then it is to you the same way a dog is colourblind so the dog sees the world different from you but to make sense of u have to have a consiousness

just go and read about how quantum mechanics work which the human brain is based upon it is just a computer but our conciousness and make sense of it.

Wat wait, did you jsut give me the Natural Law president as evidence? Now I know you are ignorant. Thank you for this talk, but I have been trying to cut back on talking with ignorants.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
snakenobi said:
Wagram said:
Dr.Grass said:
What it comes down to is

it sin't

Wat wait, did you jsut give me the Natural Law president as evidence? Now I know you are ignorant. Thank you for this talk, but I have been trying to cut back on talking with ignorants.

jsut listen to what he says

be ingorant and keep keep blindly believing in anything if you don't want to

there is noway you can prove its wrong as you jsut don't understand how computers and perception work

just an exmaple:

your ignorance here is becasue of your conciousness,computers can't be ignorant as they can't think themselves

With every new technology comes new ways to achieve what "wasn't" possible. Someday, new tools and knowledge will enable humans to experience what previous generations thought was pure science fiction.

Imo just because something is not physical like conciousness doesn't mean that we will never be able to play with it, measure it, dupplicate it or do whatever we can with it. Science isn't something we should take lightly.

Around the Network

Most physicists don't take String Theory/M Theory seriously. Most Theoretical Physicists don't take any of this 'What the Bleep do we know' stuff seriously.

These things are very new-age and not scientific.

Science hasn't spoken a single word about consciousness, so there you are right.

Dr.Grass said:
Most physicists don't take String Theory/M Theory seriously. Most Theoretical Physicists don't take any of this 'What the Bleep do we know' stuff seriously.

These things are very new-age and not scientific.

Science hasn't spoken a single word about consciousness, so there you are right.

Leave the ignorant fools to their ignorance I say. It will be nice to see them try to hitch a ride on the educated people's train later on.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

snakenobi said:

it can mimic but can't work as human brain.

human brain is like quantum mechanics which is a tech that cannot be done and will not be done for long time

computers are too slow

also mimicking human brain won't do anything as conciosuness and brain intelligence are different

the sith loard himself. the bringer of bad news. this could be huge for consoles and computers alike.

why shouldn't be there an ai thinking for itself in 10k years or so? they will have the way to use organic whatever in combination with electronics and maybe this shit will think for itself then. just because our biggest geniuses nowadays say it isn't possible doesn't mean it won't anytime.

our biggest geniuses 500 years ago have said the same to something we will have in a few years or we have now.

nowadas you have to give a computer some inputs and then the computer will work with these inputs so it doesnt't think for itself but no clue why this couldn't be possible in thousands of years.

snakenobi said:
Dr.Grass said:
vlad321 said:
snakenobi said:
vlad321 said:
snakenobi said:

can't happen

Computers can't think

consciiousness and intelligence are different

What kind of fantasy life do you live in?

the real world knowing how it works

not being naive and thinking everything is possible

Link to anything?

Because I have a bunch of sources I can pull to show you that a human brain is just a very good web of electrical signals.

And has this conjecture any proof backing it up? Anything at all? 

Show me proof.

Copy and paste us some proof then

leave it,he doesn't understand how computers work

he thinks if computers get power they automatically can think themselves

ok i'm not much of a computer/tech mind, but wht about programing thought, actions. intrical circuits that can build on several diferent links that can produce reaction and things of that sort.

if something can mimic the brain meaning in some way act like one. i understand the plights of not conseving emotions or feelings because the computer can't fill but logicaly it could think? think about wht though? thats the block in our minds thinking about something we've never thought about before learning or being programed from the computers perspective.

at this point being programed to speak is posible, and agreed emotions and thinking isn't posible because of wht it would take to get that type of reaction (for those reading this is notstart trek yet)from something that can't feel, react and think without being programed.

thinking needs to be programed right but not reaction. wel not always. sensors could take the place of reactions without the computer knowing why which is i'msure from your aguments is the problem.