snakenobi said:
Wagram said:
radishhead said:
It's the beginning of something huge! :D

Skynet

can't happen

Computers can't think

consciiousness and intelligence are different

They may be different but they are both functions of the brain. Same way surfing the net and playing a game are different but both functions of a pc.

what?

you don't seem to understand what consciousness means

consciousness is not a function or part of brain,its controls the brain itself

and stop relating everything as your example is a joke

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't know if we will achieve a AI with consciousness before we destroy our planet, but it's definetely possible. I'm doing my doctor in neurobiology and my area of expertise is visual consciousness. The sentence "consciousness is not a function or part of brain, its controls the brain itself" is utter bullshit. It's much more complicated and we do not even know if something like "freewill" really exists like some people believe.

No serious neuroscientist in the world would come up with statements like you did. And it's not the first time you come up with nonsense like that.

if you sometime you take a leave from your dream of becoming and doctor and look at life,you would understand what i am trying to say

but it is pretty difficult when you are so tied into the soceity,only few people can really realise it.

conciousness as medical science describes it is different as that is more or a way of geeting the problem solved and healing patients not the way to know how the world works.

don't confuse are you consious with conciousness defining what world is to you but you would never understand this.

if consciousness and spirit was able to develop from material then computers with dotday's internet would have already been self aware,AI will always be controlled.

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
ninty_shareholder64 said:
snakenobi said:
JerCotter7 said:
snakenobi said:
Wagram said:
radishhead said:

Skynet

can't happen

Computers can't think

They may be different but they are both functions of the brain. Same way surfing the net and playing a game are different but both functions of a pc.

what?

I don't know if we will achieve a AI with consciousness before we destroy our planet, but it's definetely possible. I'm doing my doctor in neurobiology and my area of expertise is visual consciousness. The sentence "consciousness is not a function or part of brain, its controls the brain itself" is utter bullshit. It's much more complicated and we do not even know if something like "freewill" really exists like some people believe.

No serious neuroscientist in the world would come up with statements like you did. And it's not the first time you come up with nonsense like that.

if you sometime you take a leave from your dream of becoming and doctor and look at life,you would understand what i am trying to say

but it is pretty difficult when you are so tied into the soceity,only few people can really realise it.

conciousness as medical science describes it is different as that is more or a way of geeting the problem solved and healing patients not the way to know how the world works.

don't confuse are you consious with conciousness defining what world is to you but you would never understand this.

if consciousness and spirit was able to develop from material then computers with dotday's internet would have already been self aware,AI will always be controlled.

I don't want to discuss this issue with you because it would end up with discussion about definition of the terms "consciousness", "mimicking", "AI", "self-awareness" etc.

You neither know me, nor the society I’m into. And medical science is different from the things I’m doing as a neuroscientist. I'm not confused, come down from your high horse. I'm deep into this topic and I already discussed these things with psychologists, cognition-scientists and philosophers in day-long seminary.

You're just very arrogance in your argumentation, that annoys me and that’s why commented your soliloquy. And with every further sentence you write it's getting more and more absurd.

I don’t like people that are so narcissistic, ignorant and condescend to everyone with a different opinion.

Well, live your ignorant life, but let other people be open-minded and don’t insult the ambition towards new findings.

I hope that picture is not a picture of yourself, because imo this woman looks as dump as a milk-bun.

snakenobi said:
snakenobi said:
JerCotter7 said:
snakenobi said:
Wagram said:
radishhead said:

Skynet

can't happen

Computers can't think

what?

I don't want to discuss this issue with you because it would end up with discussion about definition of the terms "consciousness", "mimicking", "AI", "self-awareness" etc.

i agree and i was not using the term literally but as in a conversation

You neither know me, nor the society I’m into. And medical science is different from the things I’m doing as a neuroscientist. I'm not confused, come down from your high horse. I'm deep into this topic and I already discussed these things with psychologists, cognition-scientists and philosophers in day-long seminary.

You're just very arrogance in your argumentation, that annoys me and that’s why commented your soliloquy. And with every further sentence you write it's getting more and more absurd.

I don’t like people that are so narcissistic, ignorant and condescend to everyone with a different opinion.

didn't do it

as i said above,i was not literally taking that term but trying to explain something that most of the posters in this thread didn't understand.

anyways if i did offend,i apologize

Well, live your ignorant life, but let other people be open-minded and don’t insult the ambition towards new findings.

keep judging people,narrow minded people do that

I hope that picture is not a picture of yourself, because imo this woman looks as dump as a milk-bun.

what does that have to with anything?

smells like somebody is angry but that doesn't mean you blurt out anything which doesn't even makes sense and totally gives away that you are trying to bash the other person just cause he didn't agree with you

whatsoever!
I'm done and yes I was angry. In fact even your picture annoys me to the marrow now.
That's called classical conditioning. It took some time, but you achieved it with several aggressive posts in several threads.
Well done!