By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CNN: Only 10% Of Gamers Finish Their Games

I can't clear most of my NES and SNES games. Not because I don't want to. They were too hardcore for me.
Now, I just don't have time. Usually I'd stick to 1 handheld game and finish it before I swap cartridge.

Around the Network

I'm apart of that 10%. Of the 168 games (including 20+ I haven't started) I have entered in my VGChartz collection, I have finished 74% of them.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

salaminizer said:
pezus said:
salaminizer said:

I have a lot of games I begin to play and stop because I buy new ones. I understand that people may not finish games, but I also noticed that there a lot of games on Steam with low % for quite early achievements. only 71% of Darksiders players got to Vulgrim, and I say only because you don't need a lot playtime to meet him!!

Many buy their games very cheap on Steam when there's a sale and don't play it until much later on.

ah, right, I forgot that it counts you in the stats even if you didn't even download the game. I wish there was a way to check only those that actually ran the game once.

Haha speaking of... I'm one of those 71%!  Darksiders was like... 5 bucks in the last big steam sale.  Couldn't pass it up.  I really should download that soon, maybe after my 8 man M&M Heroes 5 match.

I finished less than 5% of games that I played. Mostly because I lost interest in particular game, or got stuck somewhere.
I remember playing FFX, finishing 90-95% of the game, and decided to start from the beginning because I thought my team wasn't good enough to battle Sin (I didn't even try to go to Zanarkand). So I started from the beginning, completed 60-70% game and got bored with it.

Last game I finished was NSMB DS (but without hidden worlds). Now I'm playing OoT 3D and I'm sure I will finish it :)

I never play a game with intention to complete it. I play to have fun, if I'm not having fun I just look for something else.

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

One of the excuses trotted out when a games length is questioned is the maxim people don't finish games = people want smaller games , but with anecdotal evidence showing games getting shorter overall and no corresponding increase in completion in fact the opposite shows the lie to this, it was always going to be that the reason people don't complete games is multifaceted and this in and off itself is not necessarily a problem, also a games length should be determined firstly by the game itself and what the developers want to do with that game and their budget and time frame not by some dogma that says games need to be smaller.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

yea the ones that play COD

Radziel said:
 "I remember playing FFX, finishing 90-95% of the game, and decided to start from the beginning because I thought my team wasn't good enough to battle Sin (I didn't even try to go to Zanarkand)."

I did the same thing with Legend of Dragoon. I was level 58 and grinding in the last dungeon when I decided to just start over to try and enter the dungeon again at a higher level. Little did I know that the maximum level for Legend of Dragoon is 60.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I finish about 75-80% of the games i start eventually. Some of these huge rockstar games are hard to finish or just too distracting as far as the design is concerned. The only GTA game i've finished is San Andreas and i don't see myself ever finishing GTA4. Okay never say never. Too many games and not much time. Back when i was younger few games but more time.

Ofcourse i am not including steam games in this discussion. Everyone knows the steam mantra. Buy 10 play one. :P

Does the fact that I'm about to finish ff8 for the umpteenth time count?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I'm sitting nearly at a 50% completion rate, which isn't horrible, but still isn't good. I have over 100 games I own that I have not played yet.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.