By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Christian's of VGChartz, are you Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant or Non-Denominational? (Edit:Poll fixed)

Which are you?

Catholic 18 16.82%

Orthodox 20 18.69%

Protestant 15 14.02%

Non-Denominational 13 12.15%

Non Christian just wanna see results 40 37.38%

Total:106
dsage01 said:
Well I'm mixed. I'm half Protestant and half Sikh. Just to keep it short.

thats impossible.

you cant believe in both at the same time.

Around the Network

and suddenly huaxiong90 became the devil, look at your number of posts !

Troll_Whisperer said:
sapphi_snake said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I'm not religious, but out of curiosity: What exactly are protestants? Are all those different American denominations under the protestant category? Can someone explain the different denominations a little to me?

Haven't you ever heard of the Reformation?

I know that a king in England wanted to marry another chick and when the church said no he said FU pope, I'm creating my own branch and I'm gonna marry as many chicks as I please.

But my question is who falls under this category these days.

that is more to do with how a protestant nation ended up being the most powerful nation but it could be called "England's Reformation".  I will briefly tell you the story if you want to know if not just ignore it.

after the king died his only son took over. his adviser who was basically running the country becuase the son was too young and poorly. the adviser was protestant and decided to make the main church protestant, this meant that the population of the country had to become protestant.

he died young he was ill all is life.  the eldest daughter took, over she made England catholic again and locked up her younger half sister, Queen Elizabeth I. cant remeber what happens but eventually Queen Mary dies hierless and Queen Elizabeth I is crowned the Queen of England.

knowing that the population where getting annoyed of being made to change religion every decade or two, Queen Elizabeth decided, the official religion was protestant but you could practice whatever religion you wanted in your own home.

then protestant nation's in the north of europe were threatened by catholcism and England made it clear that it would not stand for it.  so the most powerful country at the time Spain decided, to attack us.  we didn't have a national fleet but we did have a fleet owned by private englishmen, most dominately Sir Francis Drake. he lead the coalition of ships and destroyed the spanish armada with the defeat of spain's fleet, england who was protestant became the most powerful nation. prior to this battle he also launched raids apon spanish ports, yeah he was pirate that became an English hero.

the next time britain as a whole was almost Catholic it ended in civil war.  the government had seen the benifits of a Protestant monarch mostly that they kept religion out of politics, and didn't want a Catholic taking the throne.  King William (Protestant), beat King James (Catholic) in Ireland and britian remained protestant, many of the British empires actions like going to america was because they didnt want to be outpaced by a catholic nation or planting people like my ancestors in Ireland, as they felt the predominately catholic people of Ireland would let a catholic nation invade England through Ireland.

so yes and no.  this wasnt thee reformation but it was the start of Englands Reformation.

This is what I was taught anyway.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

huaxiong90 said:
ASStronaut said:

If you could reason with religious people then there would be no religious people.

Wow...that's just offensive and has no basis on reality.

I like offending religious people especially Christians and Moslems.

User has been moderated for this post.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

9009pc said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
sapphi_snake said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I'm not religious, but out of curiosity: What exactly are protestants? Are all those different American denominations under the protestant category? Can someone explain the different denominations a little to me?

Haven't you ever heard of the Reformation?

I know that a king in England wanted to marry another chick and when the church said no he said FU pope, I'm creating my own branch and I'm gonna marry as many chicks as I please.

But my question is who falls under this category these days.

that is more to do with how a protestant nation ended up being the most powerful nation but it could be called "England's Reformation".  I will briefly tell you the story if you want to know if not just ignore it.

after the king died his only son took over. his adviser who was basically running the country becuase the son was too young and poorly. the adviser was protestant and decided to make the main church protestant, this meant that the population of the country had to become protestant.

he died young he was ill all is life.  the eldest daughter took, over she made England catholic again and locked up her younger half sister, Queen Elizabeth I. cant remeber what happens but eventually Queen Mary dies hierless and Queen Elizabeth I is crowned the Queen of England.

knowing that the population where getting annoyed of being made to change religion every decade or two, Queen Elizabeth decided, the official religion was protestant but you could practice whatever religion you wanted in your own home.

then protestant nation's in the north of europe were threatened by catholcism and England made it clear that it would not stand for it.  so the most powerful country at the time Spain decided, to attack us.  we didn't have a national fleet but we did have a fleet owned by private englishmen, most dominately Sir Francis Drake. he lead the coalition of ships and destroyed the spanish armada with the defeat of spain's fleet, england who was protestant became the most powerful nation. prior to this battle he also launched raids apon spanish ports, yeah he was pirate that became an English hero.

the next time britain as a whole was almost Catholic it ended in civil war.  the government had seen the benifits of a Protestant monarch mostly that they kept religion out of politics, and didn't want a Catholic taking the throne.  King William (Protestant), beat King James (Catholic) in Ireland and britian remained protestant, many of the British empires actions like going to america was because they didnt want to be outpaced by a catholic nation or planting people like my ancestors in Ireland, as they felt the predominately catholic people of Ireland would let a catholic nation invade England through Ireland.

so yes and no.  this wasnt thee reformation but it was the start of Englands Reformation.

This is what I was taught anyway.

Thanks

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
ASStronaut said:
huaxiong90 said:
ASStronaut said:

If you could reason with religious people then there would be no religious people.

Wow...that's just offensive and has no basis on reality.

I like offending religious people especially Christians and Moslems.

Cool to know.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

ASStronaut said:

As a Chrisitian, I'm not religious.  In fact, Jesus himself denounced religion while clarifying it was never about religion.  If you cannot reason that, then you are religious by your logic.

Non-Denominational reporting. Also, I clicked on Catholic by mistake.

Ok, that doesn't cover all forms of the Christian religion, just to let you know. I can't honestly answer this the way it is constructed.

Non-denominational, I guess.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."