By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - facebook is so fake.

Raider84 said:
Level1Death said:
I couldn't careless about Facebook or any other social media crap.

And obviously you didn't care much about school either. I'm guessing being 'intelligent' is not very high on your priority list. This right here is a form of social media. Get out of here you dumb redneck hillbilly red state idiot. 

Tossing around insults on the internet huh? You must really be a tough guy.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I've heard of Facebook, but no video games means no interest.

There's a a big button that is games on google+.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Facebook is awesome when you have the right Facebook friends.

It's a great way to communicate with old friends from the past, watch and share funny videos, find out what that homework was in math class, or just plain procrastinate. Plus, people can post really funny statuses and comments about life.

oldschoolfool said:

remember a time before facebook and twitter and all of those BS social media sites. Well,I got rid of 98% of my freinds list on facebook because I got tired of all of the stupid,fake post. I got tired of seeing all of these pictures of kids,we get it you love your kids,good for you. I also got tired of stupid post such,just relaxing outside,well so what,since I know that I can rest easy and go to sleep. I also don't care that you love your boyfriend/girlfreind. I even thought about cancelling my account,but I'm to lazy. So,do you think people will get tired of facebook and will it fall bye the wasteside,like myspace?

So you bothered deleting 98% of your friends,but you were too lazy to deactivate your account?Hmph,depends on the amount of friends you had though.

Shouldn't you be on eHarmony or Match.com?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I used to be huge into FaceBook I'd change my status two three times a day. I'd play games on it I would chat on it I would do everything on it. However times have changed and I only log on once or twice a day now. I change my status a few times a week. But will FaceBook ever fall by the slide like MySpace? No.

Why? FaceBook is like a phone book. Everyone I know at the tips of my fingers. I decide hey I haven't seen this person in ages I don't open up a phone book and look for them. I just click their name and send them a message. I want to have a party, do I write out invites on twenty peices of paper , find the addresses of everyone in my phone book and then pay half a dollar each to mail out? No I go on FaceBook create an event and invite anyone I want at the click of a mouse. Heck its even easier then writing an email and tracking down everyones emails.

Then the photo's and video. I get back from Thailand or Bible Camp or up north and everyone wants me to come over and show my pictures or video. Now when I get home I simply upload them to FaceBook, everyone sees them and comments or calls me to talk about them. Saves me hours of going to peoples houses (Yah I know less of a social life) but its very conveniant.

Also while it does get annoying all the mushy gooshy I love you stuff, makes me feel sorta depressed as nobody says those things about me (I'm single) its easy to ignore. As for the pictures of their kids, some of my friends and family live across Canada and the USA. I don't get to see them often so seeing how their kids are growing and seeing them is fairly cool. I just recently messaged a girl last I saw her she was pregnant now she had a baby who was like 3.

It even replaced my calendar. Birthday's pop up and I rarely miss them now I phone my friends on their B-Days and I feel good they like getting the call its a win win. Then I get an invetation to an event. I sign up and then the day before the event I get a warning that the event is near and day of the event wholla reminded. Its so much easier then writing everything on a calendar and way more conveniant then trying to remember every single B-Day.

Fact is FaceBook isn't fake. Sure theirs the lovey dovey stuff, the pictures of kids and over reactive status updates. But in the end it is still a very useful tool. It makes life way easier!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

With Anonymous destroying Facebook on 5th November, you have no choice but to go Google+.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Eh? First you argued with me regarding facebook being hacked in the anon gonna hack facebook thread, now this? Glad you reconciled. Fakeness is a big chunk of why i hate it.

I last logged in 2009 I think. What's the point to social networking anyway?

Facebook is amazing for organize your real life activities, party and dates... I can call anyone to drink a beer just using the facebook or I can say what place I'm going to my friends go too.

Facebook just make my real life more fun and organized.

I opened an account because of pressure from my friends and tbh I regret it. But now it's the only way to contact some of my friends, which I rarely meet because they live far away but I would like to have the option to meet them if I wish.

So I'm kind of trapped. I've been thinking of asking everyone for their emails and close my account but it's too much work.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.