By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your favorite Television Show and Why?Weekly Ratings update! ~ " What did you watch today?' The Office is finally ending its run in America'

I still don't know how Fringe got renewed...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

CSI: Miami axed... Good.

Of the three CSI shows, this was the one that I liked less. In fact I stopped watching it years ago (I only watched the fist 2 or 3 seasons, iirc).

Can't comment about Rob. I haven't seen it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The best TV show at the moment is Game of Thrones there is no doubt. But overall there are:
"The Walking Dead" 10/10
"Justified" 10/10
"Sons of Anarchy" 9/10
"Homeland" 9.5/10
If there is anybody who has not seen one of the shows above. You really should.

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
The best TV show at the moment is Game of Thrones there is no doubt. But overall there are:
"The Walking Dead" 10/10
"Justified" 10/10
"Sons of Anarchy" 9/10
"Homeland" 9.5/10

The only ones of those I haven't seen of those are Justified and Sons of Anarchy, but I plan on at least watching Justified soon.

I would rate the shows you mentioned as such:

Walking Dead - 8/10 (first season 9/10)

Game of Thrones - 9/10

Homeland - 7.5/10 - 8/10

And some others:

Community - 9.5/10

Arrested Development - 10/10

Breaking Bad  - 10/10

Mad Men - 9.5/10

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - 8/10

Sopranos - 9.5/10

Yup

Really? you like F**** Arrested Development? This and "the Shield" are the most overrated shows ever.

And Breaking Bad got boring and annoying because of his bitch wife. I watched 3 seasons and then I couldnt take anymore of that stupid bitch. The Sopranos where pretty cool, and the finale was surprising. The others I have not seen.

And I forgot "The Wire" 8.5/10

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
"The Walking Dead" 10/10
"Justified" 10/10
"Sons of Anarchy" 9/10
"Homeland" 9.5/10

The only ones of those I haven't seen of those are Justified and Sons of Anarchy, but I plan on at least watching Justified soon.

I would rate the shows you mentioned as such:

Walking Dead - 8/10 (first season 9/10)

Game of Thrones - 9/10

Homeland - 7.5/10 - 8/10

And some others:

Community - 9.5/10

Arrested Development - 10/10

Breaking Bad  - 10/10

Mad Men - 9.5/10

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - 8/10

Sopranos - 9.5/10

Yup

Really? you like F**** Arrested Development? This and "the Shield" are the most overrated shows ever.

And Breaking Bad got boring and annoying because of his bitch wife. I watched 3 seasons and then I couldnt take anymore of that stupid bitch. The Sopranos where pretty cool, and the finale was surprising. The others I have not seen.

And I forgot "The Wire" 8.5/10

I have not seen The Shield so I can't comment on that, but the humour in AD is mostly subtle so it can be easily missed. It deserves more than one viewing as well, since many jokes are so well hidden. That's part of the fun imo.

Breaking Bad is the epitome of TV drama imo. I'm surprised you could stop watching after the amazing end to Season 3.

Meh...I am more of an Action Fan. I love Shows with a badass "Hero" Like Raylan Givens (who is my Favourite TV character) or Shane and Rick from The Walking Dead. But what me bothered most in Breaking Bad where the annoying characters Wife, Kid, Jesse, Shredder they killed the mood after a while. And the end of Season was not that amazing it was very predictable after the 11th episode.

Around the Network

Too many good shows to name:

- Mad Men -> Amazing acting, great writing, intriguing story, good setting.

- Breaking Bad -> Great acting, and intense as hell

- Top Gear -> Fast cars and funny British guys

- Dexter -> Great show, getting a little past it's "best before date" but next season should be great based on the cliffhanger at the end of the last season

- Storage Wars -> Can't get enough of this show! New season starts soon, finally some new episodes

- Pawn Stars -> I'm addicted to this as well as Storage Wars

- Boardwalk Empire -> Just got into it recently, like 4 episodes into season 1 and it's great!

Those are my main ones, I probably forgot a whole bunch but whatever.

I forgot Dexter. Dexter was my favourite TV show but the last season was crap. It didnt made any sense at all, and the Deborah situation is bizarre and annoying as well as this fucking cliffhanger. I guess the Arthur Mitchell Season was the peak of this show, now its going south.

To revive this thread and necrobump it for the sake of Spurge getting his crappy gamerscore up.

I CANT WAIT FOR SEASON 7 DEXTER. DAT SNEAK PEAK PREVIEW!

Also GOT Season 3 can't come soon enough.

Also, started watching Malcolm in the Middle again, my favourite TV show of all time, what makes it even better is the fact that there is no crappy fake audience to can laughter!

And can't believe Napoleon Dynamite has been cancelled after the first season, I've actually quite enjoyed it, and worse shit is still on -ie the fucking abomination that is the Cleveland show.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:

Also, started watching Malcolm in the Middle again, my favourite TV show of all time, what makes it even better is the fact that there is no crappy fake audience to can laughter!

Have you been watching it on 5*?  If so, I've been watching those episodes too.  I'm amazed how well the show has held up, really.  I'm especially enjoying it in the later series too, when there's more of a focus on the rest of the family.  Hal is just a scene-stealer every time.

On topic: I'm looking forward to the new series of Arrested Development.  I'll be getting Netflix for it!  (Futurama, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Parks & Recreation are my favourite shows on air at the moment)

spurgeonryan said:
Kresnik said:
NotStan said:

Have you been watching it on 5*?  If so, I've been watching those episodes too.  I'm amazed how well the show has held up, really.  I'm especially enjoying it in the later series too, when there's more of a focus on the rest of the family.  Hal is just a scene-stealer every time.

On topic: I'm looking forward to the new series of Arrested Development.  I'll be getting Netflix for it!  (Futurama, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Parks & Recreation are my favourite shows on air at the moment)

Another Parks and Recreation fan! Love that show. I used to have The Office as my favorite opening music to a tv show, but P& R took that spot for me. Have you seen all of the episodes?

I've seen it up until the mid point in S4 (just before Leslie really starts working on her campaign).  I actually haven't had chance to watch it yet - I have to stream everything since we don't get the show over here and just forgot about it for a while.  I love it to pieces though, it really took off in the second year and just got better and better from there.

And yes, the theme song is awesome :)