By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your favorite Television Show and Why?Weekly Ratings update! ~ " What did you watch today?' The Office is finally ending its run in America'

Touch- Very promising pilot. Keifer back in primetime yay!
Terra Nova- Amazingly cliched and dead in the water by episode 3(for me)
Alcatraz- Interesting so far and I like the main cast.
Modern Family- Never fails to reduce me to tears of laughter. Very clever comedy.
Dexter- Was very sad to witness one of my all time favourite shows jump the shark this season.Started not so great with the high school reunion, got worse with uninteresting nemesis,the incest storyline and the biggest sin of all------COLIN fucking HANKS!!!! He was about as menacing as woody from toy story.His idea of acting evil was to push out his bottom lip. FUCK YOU COLON HANKS for ruining my Dexter! Oh well, next season can only be an improvement
American Horror Story- Great show, brilliant acting and genuinely creepy atmosphere. Like how the show will reset every season with a new story.
Fringe- Fantastic show but you can't miss an episode and then expect to know what is going on. Will purchase the complete box set when it's done and dusted...

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

Around the Network

Ive been watching grim alot lately that and up all night.

Favorites atm are Grimm, Once upon a time, and Fringe (keeps getting better)
Touch was very promising, The pilot episode felt like a good movie. I'm a bit worried though that it might drag on with convoluted plot twists like heroes.
Big bang and modern family are still very funny. Modern family more so then big bang.

I'm still pissed off they cancelled Stargate universe (although I always ff through the back at home crap) and Caprica.

I love How I Met you Mother, also used to love big bang theory but it sucks now... atleast its no where near as funny as it used to be. I just got into 30rock, im enjoying it so far but it seems that the episodes are either hit or miss for me so ill see where it goes.

Also, house, all the cartoon shows on fox on sunday night, Walking Dead (meh season 2 but ill still give it a chance for season 3), Game of Thrones, Supernatural...

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

spurgeonryan said:
Metrium said:
I love How I Met you Mother, also used to love big bang theory but it sucks now... atleast its no where near as funny as it used to be. I just got into 30rock, im enjoying it so far but it seems that the episodes are either hit or miss for me so ill see where it goes.

Also, house, all the cartoon shows on fox on sunday night, Walking Dead (meh season 2 but ill still give it a chance for season 3), Game of Thrones, Supernatural...

Did you see the new Game of Thrones promo  yet for season 2? Greatness!

Yeah! rly loved the first season but I felt like it was all hype... hyping the monsters behind the wall, hyping incoming wars... and at the end 2 of my 3 favorite characters died in the last 2 episodes and i was sooooo pissed, almost gave up on the show lol. Im talking about Lord Starks, Drego (or Drogo, i dont remember but im talking about the bad ass savage married to the dragon girl)... My third favorite that is still alive (thank god) is the dwarf.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

nothing good has been on for a few yrs now so im giving alcatraz a shot theres nothing on here on monday night that i watch so its not like im going out of my way, shows ok i'll stick with it i watch mtvs caged and discoverys first week in right after

i also watch fringe its kinda old, i liked the first 2 seasons im just waiting for it to end now

i enjoy those gold digging shows though gold rush and the new one bering sea gold, i think the chick from bering sea gold is kinda hot aswell

jerseyshore is still good i watch that too, i think its there last season though idk if mtv recast it if it'll be as good

Play Me

RCTjunkie said:
Phineas and Ferb!

Every character is awesome, but Perry/Dr. D are especially awesome together.

(sorry I am replying to a really old comment!) XD

Phineas and Ferb is a really great show! Did you see the movie?

30 Rock is getting terrible numbers these days, never saw the appeal myself.

Alcatraz is still pulling decent numbers, but dropping each week - hoping it can stabilize soon. House having over a million less people doesn't help as a lead in though. I think that show has run its course, I don't know how the formula hasn't exhausted its audience already.

Also I can't believe the numbers Two and a Half Men still pulls in even without Charlie Sheen - Incredible.

Lastly I hope Smash fails - such a bad show.

spurgeonryan said:
Aj_habfan said:
30 Rock is getting terrible numbers these days, never saw the appeal myself.

Alcatraz is still pulling decent numbers, but dropping each week - hoping it can stabilize soon. House having over a million less people doesn't help as a lead in though. I think that show has run its course, I don't know how the formula hasn't exhausted its audience already.

Also I can't believe the numbers Two and a Half Men still pulls in even without Charlie Sheen - Incredible.

Lastly I hope Smash fails - such a bad show.

Smash is one of those shows that does well on the cable networks. Maybe Disney or Hallmark or even ABC family. They have enough of them on those channels. No need to make us sit through them some more on basic channels.

I enjoy 30 Rock, but it is off and on. After a while Baldwins raspy voice gets annoying and over the top. Even right now it is kind of making me sick thinking about it. But there are some good lines and stories on that show. Also The Office has leaped in quality since Steve left. It wa a sinking ship. I really am enjoying it a lot this year.

Wow Office is seriously better? Lost most interest in the past year or two, might have to check it out again.

I wanted to see the 2nd episode of Touch but it turns out it doesn't air till march 19th ugh.
Last episode of Grimm was very grim, Fringe was ok, House was great. The mentalist is still entertaining, although I wouldn't mind some new episodes of Monk instead.