By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Any word on the 3DS cut effect on initial sales?

from the reports i have been hearing in japan the 3ds has sold this week over 200,000 units. if this is true WOW. if anyone remembers the original DS was slow out of the gates then a price drop and kaboom!!!! and it was about the same time right before the psp came out and it literally killed the psp. now they are doing the same vs the ps vita so watch out.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network

I reckon that it'll drop off quite a bit in a few weeks, but come Christmas it'll start producing the serious numbers

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

kowenicki said:
RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:

But in the UK its £120 for a DS and £140 for a 3DS, add on the massive in store promos and TV ad campaign and there is no doubt in my mind that here at least DS sales will collapse.  

I guess the DS Lite hasn't received an official price drop like in the USA then (where it is $99). I just checked a couple of retailers and they have it at about €130 (DSi €150, XL €170).

Yes, in that case there could indeed be a more notable effect on DS sales, because there's no ultra cheap option like in America.

Actually I got that wrong...

Dsi is £110 to £140 dependant on colour (!?)

3DS  is £140

crazy pricing strategy

If I wanted I could buy one for 115:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-3DS-Cosmos-Black-Handheld/dp/B004ISLDV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313924284&sr=8-1

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Well we saw quite a big increase this week, if next week will sale half of this, would be great!

Switch!!!

Hope the sales can hold up so 3rd party developer will have faith [again] for this platform....

Around the Network
fedfed said:
Well we saw quite a big increase this week, if next week will sale half of this, would be great!

It wouldn't. It would mean interest was temporary, and that only a few people were turned off by the price.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs