By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rank this game--Wii Play!!

Tagged games:

How much do you Play?

I Play ALL the time! 3 11.54%

I let others Play for me. 0 0%

Wii Play together! 4 15.38%

I refuse to Play! 10 38.46%

What is this?!? I don't even.... 6 23.08%

See results you boring person. 3 11.54%

Total:26

8/10 - a very good priced game when the remote is taken into account. Tanks is also good fun as well.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
d21lewis said:
DarkChronos' post made me think. Do we take price into account on this one? It was marketed as a game with a free controller but we all know it was the other way around. For a game that was damn near free (you know you were going to buy another controller, anyway), do we grade it on a curve?

-Was it not enough fun for $40-$50?
-Was it a ton of fun for $0-$10?
-Does price not matter and it's only the experience that counts?

To rate a game properly you absolutely must factor in the original MSRP, because it has a significant impact on the value of the product. The sole question that reviews need to answer is if a game is worth its money. That's something professional reviewers often forget about, because they get to play all games for free, so their scores tend to be too high across the board.

I agree.  But in this situation, depending on whom thou art, you have to consider whether the game was free with a controller or whether a controller was free with the game......

trasharmdsister12 said:
d21 and Rol are making game ranking discussion popular again... either that or it has gone so far out of fashion that only these two still do it.

This post just reminded me of the vow I made a long time ago to never participate in these threads!!  Oh well.

trasharmdsister12 said:
d21 and Rol are making game ranking discussion popular again... either that or it has gone so far out of fashion that only these two still do it.

I do it with every game I have actually played (which isn't many).

Machina said:

The 1 is for tanks, which was pretty cool, though playing all the other atrocious games to get there was not.

Half of the games are boring
All but one of the games is truly boring. Half are broken concepts from the get-go that I cannot believe were ever green lit (Find Mii, Pose Mii, Fishing). Those that have sound concepts either have broken controls (Billiards, Table Tennis(!!!), Laser Hockey), or are so dull and basic as to not be worth playing anyway (Shooting Range, Charge).

Tanks is the last game you unlock, so in order to get to the only game which is worth playing you have to complete all of the others. Billiards and Table Tennis are so broken that we just rushed to get them over with as soon as we possibly could (easier said than done in the case of Billiards, alas), and I didn't revisist any of the other games... ever.

I've not really done a very good job of articulating what an awful waste of space this game is, but my vote is deadly serious; it's a compilation of crappy, awful, barely playable games. Even though at the time it was the only way to get my hands on an extra Wiimote, I still regret buying it, and I hate myself for adding to those enormous sales figures because it doesn't deserve a single one of them.

Machina filled with rage?

This cannot be o.0

Around the Network

I'll give it a 7/10 based on the 10 dollar value (minus the remote). The tank game is fun and most of the other games are semi fun. I got it as a gift mainly for another controller. I have barely played it and probably will try to give it more play time. Perhaps, I'll try to get my roommate to play it. I might have turned her off from gaming due to my semi frustration with her while playing Wii Party. It took her more than 2-3 practice times to get how to play the mini games in Wii Party sometimes. However, she would beat me here and there after she finally got it.

Carl2291 said:

Free bundled games ftw!

...it wasn't free.

5 - It's hard to complain about a games that only costs $10 but as far as i'm concerned it wasn't actually a game.  it was training wheels to "learn" the wii mote.  tanks was the only game that held me attention for any reasonable amount of time (by which i mean i put an hour into it).  i completely regret the purchase and often recommended to my new wii owner friends to skip it.

kitler53 said:

...it wasn't free. 

5 - It's hard to complain about a games that only costs $10 but as far as i'm concerned it wasn't actually a game.  it was training wheels to "learn" the wii mote.  tanks was the only game that held me attention for any reasonable amount of time (by which i mean i put an hour into it).  i completely regret the purchase and often recommended to my new wii owner friends to skip it.

Ours was!

RolStoppable said:
I have played this game, so I will rate it. I am a little bit upset though, because I suggested Wii Party for this thread.

The game does its job. Nothing more, nothing less. You get a range of small games that make it easy to get other people started on gaming and give them a good idea on how the Wiimote works. This compilation includes newer and more advanced versions of Pong, Duck Hunt and Combat which were very popular games back in the day. Most of the minigames offer enough depth to motivate you to aim for higher scores and earn platinum medals (which isn't easy). For $/€10 extra you get a nice package with your Wiimote purchase.

Anyway, 7.0/10. Does nothing wrong, but also doesn't do anything amazing. Just a solid purchase. Nowadays you would be better off by getting Wii Play Motion or especially Wii Party though.

xD whoops I guess I got the name mixed up >_<

RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:
Carl2291 said:

Free bundled games ftw!

...it wasn't free.

You need to add 0.1 points to your score, otherwise it won't count.

Lol it doesn't work that way.