Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rank this game--Wii Play!!

Tagged games:

How much do you Play?

I Play ALL the time! 3 11.54%

I let others Play for me. 0 0.00%

Wii Play together! 4 15.38%

I refuse to Play! 10 38.46%

What is this?!? I don't even.... 6 23.08%

See results you boring person. 3 11.54%

Total:26

I'm going to give it a solid 7. This game wasn't as mindblowing as a lot of games this gen but I'm willing to bet that, while other games become unplayable, Wii Play will still be just as fun as it ever was. The controls are responsive and in a lot of ways, I think this game is better than Wii Sports. It's just a bunch of mini-games but, in small doses, those games are cool.

Nintendo Channel says I played Wii Play: 41 hours, 3 minutes. Played 49 times.
Nintendo Channel says I played Wii Sports: 35 hours, 49 minutes. Played 38 times.

The only games I've played more than these two games on my Wii are Super Mario Galaxy, Wario Ware, and the Internet channel. I think that says a lot.

mZuzek loves to pre-order

Around the Network

6.0 / 10

it's more a controller bundled with a 10€ game than a a 40€ game bundled with a controller. most of the minigames are swallow and uninteresting, out of them only one (tanks) is quite good.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

DarkChronos' post made me think. Do we take price into account on this one? It was marketed as a game with a free controller but we all know it was the other way around. For a game that was damn near free (you know you were going to buy another controller, anyway), do we grade it on a curve?

-Was it not enough fun for $40-$50?
-Was it a ton of fun for $0-$10?
-Does price not matter and it's only the experience that counts?

d21lewis said:
DarkChronos' post made me think. Do we take price into account on this one? It was marketed as a game with a free controller but we all know it was the other way around. For a game that was damn near free (you know you were going to buy another controller, anyway), do we grade it on a curve?

To rate a game properly you absolutely must factor in the original MSRP, because it has a significant impact on the value of the product. The sole question that reviews need to answer is if a game is worth its money. That's something professional reviewers often forget about, because they get to play all games for free, so their scores tend to be too high across the board.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

8/10 - a very good priced game when the remote is taken into account. Tanks is also good fun as well.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
d21lewis said:

To rate a game properly you absolutely must factor in the original MSRP, because it has a significant impact on the value of the product. The sole question that reviews need to answer is if a game is worth its money. That's something professional reviewers often forget about, because they get to play all games for free, so their scores tend to be too high across the board.

I agree.  But in this situation, depending on whom thou art, you have to consider whether the game was free with a controller or whether a controller was free with the game......

The Wiimote was great, shiny and white, an official Nintendo product, however having to pay an extra £5 more than a regular wiimote because it was bundled with a game kind of sucks.

d21lewis said:
RolStoppable said:

I agree.  But in this situation, depending on whom thou art, you have to consider whether the game was free with a controller or whether a controller was free with the game......

The only question that matters is this one:

Wii Play with Wiimote costs $10 more than a Wiimote alone. Is Wii Play worth spending those extra $10?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

KylieDog said:
The Wiimote was great, shiny and white, an official Nintendo product, however having to pay an extra £5 more than a regular wiimote because it was bundled with a game kind of sucks.

2. If you score a game 5 or under, you have to go into great detail as to why you gave it such a low score.

Very efficient, KylieDog.

RolStoppable said:
KylieDog said:

2. If you score a game 5 or under, you have to go into great detail as to why you gave it such a low score.

Very efficient, KylieDog.

The very reason I gave that score, I do not deny it.  Usually if I score a game low I would go into detail a bit, but lets face it there isn't really enough game or depth to go into detail on.