By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Ann Coulter says welfare policies responsible for looting....

She's right now that the British are cutting their welfare programs poor people are going crazy.

Around the Network

If it was that easy to explain stuff like this would happen in other welfare states. It doesn't.

This is particular to Britain for some reason.

Rath said:
If it was that easy to explain stuff like this would happen in other welfare states. It doesn't.

Perhaps the reason why welfare never seems to work as well in the USA either, something endemic to Anglican culture

How is it in your dominion, New Zealand?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

KylieDog said:
It is all the asylum seekers and such draining resources and getting much better taken care of than people born here. Rather than give all our money to people who weren't born here and don't give a shit about this country except for the handouts they should boot them out whatever the cost because it is cheaper in the long run and use the handouts to provide better jobs or training programs etc etc for the people actually born here. The gang culture since asylum seeker boom has gotten incredibly worse.

That's bullcrap because it oversimplifies the problem. There are plenty of British born people who get handouts and went out and looted up and down the country and are equally involved in gang culture. It's not just handouts either, although it's a significant issue. The other factor is authority being softened. Police can't do anything for fear of losing their jobs, teachers can't discipline their pupils and too many parents want to raise "friends" rather than kids then blame the state for the problems that occur.

Asylum seekers are only a very small part of a much bigger problem.

The welfare state is a system designed with good intentions that has a lot of unintended consequences that do more harm than the the good that is provided by the system ...

With that said, I don't believe the riots in London have anything to do with the welfare state or the poor in general. Much like the Vancouver riots, the riots that are associated with every G20 meeting, and the growing wave of criminal/violent flash mobs in the United States, you have a generation who was raised with an unprecedented focus on self-esteem and have massive entitlement issues; and have no empathy for those who worked hard to build anything for themselves.

Around the Network

That is the stupidest article I have read in a very long time. I knew she was pretty terrible, but guess it is always good to remind myself sometimes of just how incredibly stupid some people can be. It is completely illogical and preys upon racist and nationalist politics.

I must say I'm surprised, If I were British, and someone was writing like this about my country and my people, then I'd be damn offended. I mean I'm offended, this woman who wrote this is from the same country as me haha. Well probably more embarrassed haha. Oh well I suppose.

irstupid said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
he's a fucking idiot if he truly believes that.

people loot because the opportunity is there.

his statement is a bit flawed, but the idea/logic behind it is sound. agreed

these same people LOOTING are the same people LOOTING the government for money.  They are on welfare, not because they HAVE to be, but because they found a way to be on it, thus essentially getting paid for doing NOTHING. i wouldn't say all of them. its just most of them that see an opportunity and capitalize on it. its like bitting the hand that feeds you, and its done every day.

And yes i wish our government paid attention to other coutnries.  hell look at countries recently who have public health care.  They are going BROKE and filling bankrupcy. politic's

I dont' understand how the U.S. thinks they can spend $10 when they only get $5 in revenue.  again politic's

we have many people in minnesota that came up from chicago and are getting MULTIPLE welfare checks from the government.  how the hell does that happen.  Is it so hard to cross check a new person.  someone fills out for welfare and you look at their social security number and if that number is already getting money the bam, don't send them more.  If that social security number doesn't exist, then bam they are an ILLEGAL and should not be getting tax payers money.  Hell its like if you ever need a password for somethign from the government it takes like a month to get back to you in the email, yet for ANY private company it takes a half a second.  Try and fool a PRIVATE company into giving you two paychecks or something like that. agreed

agreed on the logic part, but definatetly not 100% accurate. our main problem is congress and the senate. people that know how to get the job done(I'd estimate about 40% of congress) but refuse to do it and prefure to play politic's.

i have a filling we could debate and acutaly come up with a solution for every counrty, but we are 2 small voices in a world full of billions who wouldn't listen but then again thats how the teaparty(brainless if you ask me and they haven't made any changes either) got heard starting with one idea while the coffee party is absent from the scene.

I dont know why there wasting there time looting, this is a perfect oppertunaty to kill some Muslims and get away with it. Help clean the county by eliminating the problem dont make it worse by looting, unless you looting mosque's then its ok by me.

-mod edit-

This post has been moderated - twesterm

Mr Khan said:
Rath said:

Perhaps the reason why welfare never seems to work as well in the USA either, something endemic to Anglican culture

While we do (of course) have some scummy youths it's hard to imagine a large enough number of them doing this. If it were to happen the only place it would occur would be in the poorer suburbs of Auckland. You might be somewhat right about Anglican culture though, I remember both Australia and Canada rioting reasonably recently.

Mr Khan said:
Rath said:

The Paris riots in 2005 were very similar, the LA riots in the 90s, the Vancouver riots due to the loss to Boston in the Stanley cup, the anti globalization riots in Barcelona or Italy... Most of the times rioters don't need a reason, and isn't that related to the anglican culture but to the developed countries.