By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Ann Coulter says welfare policies responsible for looting....

Ann Coulters's a joke, she knows fuck all about Britain society and she seems to know fuck all about her own country. Heck she think's radiation is good for you. What a complete idiot.

If liberal welfare policies are so bad then why did we not have these riots on a continuous basis? Why are they not happening elsewhere? Why not in countries with a far more generous welfare system like France, Germany, any Scandinavian country etc. And what about about riots that happen all over the world with no welfare states to speak of?

Did she have a pop at the thieving Finance industry that bought the world to financial ruin? Nope she looked for scapegoats like minorities to blame. In the UK we spent almost a trillion pounds to bail out the financial sector in less then 2 years. That's roughly 10 years or more worth of the health budget, about 15 years worth of the education budget and about 25+ years worth of the defence budget all of which are facing cuts. And the bankers are still making their millions off taxpayers money while we are telling our public sector workers to tear up their contracts for the good of the country. Good of the bankers more like.

In the UK we have a horrid mix of the left's welfare system and the rights selfish me me me characteristics that permeates our society. So we have class of people who use and abuse the welfare system that was set up by the left for those in genuine need but with the selfish attitude the right promoted in the name of competition. They are told via an insane amount of marketing they need this that and the other but of course they cannot afford it so they mug innocent law abiding citizens to get what they want or steal from shops. Most of them are born with a wooden spoon in their mouth. It's not too far fetched to say we've lost a whole generation to thuggery.

Around the Network
Badassbab said:
Ann Coulters's a joke, she knows fuck all about Britain society and she seems to know fuck all about her own country. Heck she think's radiation is good for you. What a complete idiot.

If liberal welfare policies are so bad then why did we not have these riots on a continuous basis? Why are they not happening elsewhere? Why not in countries with a far more generous welfare system like France, Germany, any Scandinavian country etc. And what about about riots that happen all over the world with no welfare states to speak of?

Did she have a pop at the thieving Finance industry that bought the world to financial ruin? Nope she looked for scapegoats like minorities to blame. In the UK we spent almost a trillion pounds to bail out the financial sector in less then 2 years. That's roughly 10 years or more worth of the health budget, about 15 years worth of the education budget and about 25+ years worth of the defence budget all of which are facing cuts. And the bankers are still making their millions off taxpayers money while we are telling our public sector workers to tear up their contracts for the good of the country. Good of the bankers more like.

In the UK we have a horrid mix of the left's welfare system and the rights selfish me me me characteristics that permeates our society. So we have class of people who use and abuse the welfare system that was set up by the left for those in genuine need but with the selfish attitude the right promoted in the name of competition. They are told via an insane amount of marketing they need this that and the other but of course they cannot afford it so they mug innocent law abiding citizens to get what they want or steal from shops. Most of them are born with a wooden spoon in their mouth. It's not too far fetched to say we've lost a whole generation to thuggery.

Its a theory called Radiation Hormesis, where levels of radiation below those known to cause harm may actually provide a benefit to living organisms. The theory is similar to the belief that low levels of bacterial exposure are beneficial because they promote the development of the immune system. While the theory is unproven, and it is still open for debate, the only people who find it to be unreasonable are the ignorant.

Sounds like Coulter is crying for attention again, because *ALL* of these countries with welfare are having the same issues as Britain. Oh wait, no they're not...

irstupid said:

hell look at countries recently who have public health care.  They are going BROKE and filling bankrupcy. 

Really? You believe that countries are going broke BECAUSE of public health care? Had nothing to do with the recent GFC at all? No regulation on banks until they drove the global economy into the ground?

In that case, how do you explain Australia? We have public health care and had the most stable economy in the developed world throughout the recession. Doesn't seem to be much connection between having public health care and filing for bankruptcy....

HappySqurriel said:

Its a theory called Radiation Hormesis, where levels of radiation below those known to cause harm may actually provide a benefit to living organisms. The theory is similar to the belief that low levels of bacterial exposure are beneficial because they promote the development of the immune system. While the theory is unproven, and it is still open for debate, the only people who find it to be unreasonable are the ignorant.

Yes all the worlds leading nuclear bodies are ignorant.

Around the Network
Badassbab said:
HappySqurriel said:

Yes all the worlds leading nuclear bodies are ignorant.

None of the leading nuclear bodies think it is unreasonble, they think that it hasn't been proven and don't believe there is enough evidence to change their policies. There is a difference!

HappySqurriel said:
The welfare state is a system designed with good intentions that has a lot of unintended consequences that do more harm than the the good that is provided by the system ...

With that said, I don't believe the riots in London have anything to do with the welfare state or the poor in general. Much like the Vancouver riots, the riots that are associated with every G20 meeting, and the growing wave of criminal/violent flash mobs in the United States, you have a generation who was raised with an unprecedented focus on self-esteem and have massive entitlement issues; and have no empathy for those who worked hard to build anything for themselves.

In attempt at irony, Coulter's belief system implodes in a puff of illogic.  The basic point that I thought conservatives argued was that individuals are responsible for themselves, and that if people make it or fail, it is due to their own decisions and their own person conduct.  This is why you punish criminals in the name of justice.  For Coulter to then go ahead and try to engage in irony to say it is the welfare system that produces crime would totally undermine what else she tries to say.  But anyhow, no one counts Coulter as being able to hold anything logically consistent, particularly when you make a career in the political area of biting the heads off of bats, or try to be the Lady Gaga of political commentary so people pay attention to you.

viewtiful_jon said:

I dont know why there wasting there time looting, this is a perfect oppertunaty to kill some Muslims and get away with it. Help clean the county by eliminating the problem dont make it worse by looting, unless you looting mosque's then its ok by me.

-mod edit-

This post has been moderated - twesterm

WOW, that is what a post looked like BEFORE a mod got ahold of it?  Seriously?  No one can be this off unless they are trolling to make some political side they disagree with look bad.

richardhutnik said:
viewtiful_jon said:

I dont know why there wasting there time looting, this is a perfect oppertunaty to kill some Muslims and get away with it. Help clean the county by eliminating the problem dont make it worse by looting, unless you looting mosque's then its ok by me.

-mod edit-

This post has been moderated - twesterm

WOW, that is what a post looked like BEFORE a mod got ahold of it?  Seriously?  No one can be this off unless they are trolling to make some political side they disagree with look bad.

That's what the post looked like originally. Mod edit just notifies others that this was an actionable post, though not an immediately bannable one otherwise it wouldn't be visible

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

That's one case of where she should have shut her mouth before speaking.

Did she actually look at the first sample of looters that went through the tribunal today?

Well it's not as clear cut as most have made it and a lot of them are actually not on wellfare...

You have the 19 year old daughter of a millionaire, several aged working men, and a lot of teenagers.
Mostly white by the way, so much for blaming the minorities.......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !